OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Well, what can I say? This is going to be the last imperial armed forces member for now, I still have some ideas for future bashes particularly a "Sea navy trooper" or a "Diver trooper". But for now I'll be switching over to the rebels (as a spy!) and making some figures for them (I have only 1 rebel guy) so far the ideas start with something simple like a early on planet only rebel and later on some more specialized guys. Well, off to show the imperial guy!

This bash is something I've tweaked around a lot, originally it started as an imperial army soldier (star wars solo version) but I kept digging around and digging and well I found the Imperial Army Trooper, they are legends of course and their original uniform is grey not green but the comic book Star Wars: Empire printed by Dark Horse comics showed them wearing green (they also showed saboteurs) and thus that's where it all started. Just how I did for the navy guys I did for this one, I wanted to keep the overall look of them but with a twist, at this moment I think that's common with all star wars figures I've posted.
🤷‍�

Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  Gif6xDd
Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  MXSGcK4
Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  IhLmNf0
Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  IU40XUF

The 501st has guidelines on how to dress like these guys, I used their database to get the look as close as possible. Some of the things I changed from theirs was the use of the plate carrier, the bag (WWII US gas mask bag), additional pouches (non molle) the harness which is a 21st century toys US army harness, the blaster (it's just an MG), the jumpsuit which is a GSG 9 jumpsuit painted green  and the helmet which has the indentations at the back due to my epoxy putty not mixing well.
Fun little bash I finished in a day, for now I'll go back to working on those darn rebels! Hopefully they will as fun as the imperials when it comes to putting them together, well see, if I never post any rebels it means the project is dead or that I went online and bought a ton of hasbro stormtrooper armor. 🤣
For now have some fun on the weekend and try to stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Wow that one looks different, great job. Green and orange, cool contrast. I have to say, he could also pass as a rebel soldier. A little rag raggy.

What colors do you use to color the cloth?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. Nice additions with all the extra gear.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:Wow that one looks different, great job. Green and orange, cool contrast. I have to say, he could also pass as a rebel soldier. A little rag raggy.

What colors do you use to color the cloth?

Thanks Ovy, He could be a rebel but he wont because he's a loyal soldier of the empire. That aside I wanted him to look like he has a lot of gear to make up for the fact he is not a stormtrooper, stortroopers have a more compact kit, I went with the idea that the difference was that the army guys would not have access to most of that special gear.

The paint I used is Apple Barrel english ivy green and a bit of fabric medium, its one of those cheapo acrylic paints walmart sells.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. Nice additions with all the extra gear.

Thanks Stryker, I wanted him to look loaded, I was originally going to a modified snowtrooper backpack to him but I thought he looked more like a scout or a long range patrolman so I decided not to.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Imperial Army Trooper [Star Wars Legends]  1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another excellent bash, using parts of these sets to their full potential and beyond. I'm impressed at how the helmet doesn't look all that oversized anymore (what did you do?). The Solo "mud troopers" were simply army troopers deployed to a particular planetary environment; I gather that their basic appearance would be the same as that of the so-called "AT-ST drivers" in ROTJ. So yours makes very good sense, as another one of them, kitted out for a specific mission somewhere. And I wish him luck. Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Another excellent bash, using parts of these sets to their full potential and beyond. I'm impressed at how the helmet doesn't look all that oversized anymore (what did you do?). The Solo "mud troopers" were simply army troopers deployed to a particular planetary environment; I gather that their basic appearance would be the same as that of the so-called "AT-ST drivers" in ROTJ. So yours makes very good sense, as another one of them, kitted out for a specific mission somewhere. And I wish him luck. Smile

Thanks Gubernator. The helmet I used for this is the snowtrooper helmet from hasbro/kenner, I just had to grind away the goggles and remove the veil. The helmet is surprisingly not huge and the only things to remove inside is a peg that goes into a blank headsculpt the original figure has. If you look up imperial army troopers and imperial army soldiers you will get two different results, one is legends (troopers) the other is canon (soldiers) but to me that's moot, imperial army troopers could just be the green berets of the imperial army or something similar. 🤷‍�😁

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum