OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoke Break

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smoke Break Empty Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:31 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Smoke Break 49767022191_4b0226b1de_b

Got my custom cowboy out for a quick shot the other day.

His hat, cap and ball pouch, rifle ammo bag, and possibles bag were all made from paper towel and hockey tape.
He's got a Colt Navy revolver, and a Krag-Jorgensen rifle. Plus a big hunting knife (thanks to my HT Aldo Raine) and a hobo roll.

Smoke Break 49766490338_61abfa5746_c

2Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots, and excellent work on all the accessories. He's a neat looking fellow. That head sculpt sort of reminds me of Oddball (Donald Sutherland). Are those hands the bendable type? Those gloves are a neat addition. I see you still have some snow on the ground (so do we, of course). Nice to see some outdoor shots, like your SW pics in the Non-1/6th section.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Smoke Break C8485110

3Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:07 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots, and excellent work on all the accessories. He's a neat looking fellow. That head sculpt sort of reminds me of Oddball (Donald Sutherland). Are those hands the bendable type? Those gloves are a neat addition. I see you still have some snow on the ground (so do we, of course). Nice to see some outdoor shots, like your SW pics in the Non-1/6th section.

Thanks! It sure is an Oddball head, repainted of course. I've got a Don Rickles as Crapgame, too.

They are bendy hands! Getting them in the gloves can be tricky but it can make for some great hand poses when it's all done.

Smoke Break 49375026877_bd476a6bc1_c

I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption 2 lately, got a real bad case of cowboy fever.

4Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Another great shot. I’ve never played that game, but I wanted to get that really cool bootleg figure that was canceled due to the C&D by the license holder. Can always use some Western theme figures.

Smoke Break C8485110

5Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:36 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Stryker2011 wrote:Another great shot. I’ve never played that game, but I wanted to get that really cool bootleg figure that was canceled due to the C&D by the license holder. Can always use some Western theme figures.

I've got that bad boy pre-ordered! Apparently they were able to fulfill the pre-orders so hopefully there will be some news on its release soon.

6Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, you lucky dog!

Smoke Break C8485110

7Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Hockeytape and Canadian paper towels of course! Nice job, great use of the surroundings, too!

Although it feels a bit like he could be guarding a door to a haberdashery, which has to be closed with hammer and nails during snow storms, I get that Il Grande Silenzio vibe from that snow and face cover. Which triggers the sad/beautiful atmospheric music in my head. Some additional Morricone never killed anyone:

8Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great figures, accessories, and outdoors shot (someone put that snow and thaw to good use!). And the wondrous versatility of Canadian hockey tape continues to impress!

9Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate you checking this out Smile

10Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:44 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome shots, PickleMunky! I especially love the one in the snow.... at first glance, that looks like a 1:1 person.

My husband played RDR2 over the holidays and I didn't think I would care that much about it, but I got super invested in it vicariously through his gameplay. I love Arthur Morgan! So envious you are getting that figure -- bummed I missed out on it. Hope you post some pics once it arrives. Smile

Ovy - You never fail to provide the perfect soundtracks for 1/6th'ing. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:46 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome shots, PickleMunky! I especially love the one in the snow.... at first glance, that looks like a 1:1 person.

My husband played RDR2 over the holidays and I didn't think I would care that much about it, but I got super invested in it vicariously through his gameplay. I love Arthur Morgan! So envious you are getting that figure -- bummed I missed out on it. Hope you post some pics once it arrives. Smile

Ovy - You never fail to provide the perfect soundtracks for 1/6th'ing. Wink

Thanks! Augh, Arthur was such a great character. His Voice Actor is incredibly humble and gracious, too, if you're on Instagram he's definitely worth following.

Trust me, as soon as that figure comes in, I'm getting pictures up. And possibly looking into a 1/6 horse.

12Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks like a really great cowboy, his gear is quite nice too, specially the hat and backpack.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Smoke Break 1f60e

13Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:37 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Really nice use of practical scenery. For the past few months here it's been steadily raining with bipolar weather so I envy these kinds of opportunities. The last photo looks straight out of one of the early missions where you raid a cabin in the snow. At least from what I remember - I've only played a few hours long ago, but this makes me want to jump back into it again!

14Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:41 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
The photos are really well executed, though I'm curious as to what period he is supposed to represent. The Colt Navy appeared in 1851 and Krag-Jorgensen about 40 years later. I suppose it's possible his Colt was modified to use metal cartridges; a lot were after the Civil War. These thing being said, your photos are excellent as always. I also agree with Stryker that the head sculpt looks somewhat like Sgt Oddball, (6th Armored Division,) Kelly's Heroes, aka Donald Sutherland.

15Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Nice work, man. Very creative solutions for the accessories and fine photo shooting to boot.

16Smoke Break Empty Re: Smoke Break Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot folks!

I wasn't going for a specific era exactly, just an amalgamation of parts that I really liked personally.

The head is definitely Donald Sutherland, I gave it a repaint and popped it on the body.

I gave Crapgame (Don Rickles) a repaint, too.
Smoke Break 33921615828_1519f4fd67_c

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum