OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Laboratory (UPDATED)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:06 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
After several battles against powerful enemies, eventually a warrior's weapon breaks and must be repaired. But some complex weapons like the Drillblade require a more alchemic approach. Thus the hero returns to his secret hideout in order to carry out an experiment involving a magical repair stone, planning to super-charge it with the lab's heavy-duty energy generators.

Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2226
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2227
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Faceap20Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2228
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2229Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2230
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2231Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2232
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2233Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2234
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2235Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2236
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2237
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2238

2Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool setup. I had no idea these guys were using a mix of science and magic to make their weapons. Neat idea.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) C8485110

3Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, neat set up and plot, and great use of background elements and action figure parts and accessories. I believe that is either a new character or a new look -- certainly the face looks different and the body quite pale (what body is it anyway? if it is a TBLeague M31 or M32, you must have colored it -- or did you manipulate the colors in post-processing?). At any rate, more beautiful work fitting seamlessly into your universe.

4Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some pretty good props, the use of light with that stone is quite good too!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) 1f60e

5Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool setup. I had no idea these guys were using a mix of science and magic to make their weapons. Neat idea.

Thanks, and yeah it's a concept I've always found fun possibilities to come out of blending science fiction and fantasy elements. This is only a small section of the lab experiments I envision, I hope to update this thread with new diorama setups.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, neat set up and plot, and great use of background elements and action figure parts and accessories. I believe that is either a new character or a new look -- certainly the face looks different and the body quite pale (what body is it anyway? if it is a TBLeague M31 or M32, you must have colored it -- or did you manipulate the colors in post-processing?). At any rate, more beautiful work fitting seamlessly into your universe.

Thanks again. Smile The headsculpt is one I've used before, just repainted to match the 'suntan' Jiaou doll body I got a few weeks ago.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some pretty good props, the use of light with that stone is quite good too!

It is actually a 'finger light' I got from Dave & Buster's a while back. lol I have a few more of different color I want to try out in different darkness levels in the future, they work really well at this scale.

6Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:48 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining. I had forgotten how slim the Jiaou bodies look up top, in part because of being bothered by the heavier, almost pant-like look of the legs -- but you stuffed those into some tight dark jeans, and they too look slim! Magic indeed! Anyway, you made it work great as a figure and as a scene.

7Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:59 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Added a few more items to make the scene's depth pop. Also a new experiment in the lab!! *Plantlife has grown through the cracks of the hideout; ironically, the hero has recently acquired a USB drive containing information on how to combine special plant species minerals with the mystic rocks, in order to create powerful element-infused weaponry.

Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2239
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2240
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2241Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2242
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2243
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2244Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2245
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2246
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2247Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2248
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2249
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2250Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2251
Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Img_2252

8Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice touches all around, even if I wonder about the post-apocalyptic functioning of USB drives and the like. But he does seem to be on top of it all.

9Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:47 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very cool dio and fun accessories! I love that unique blend of magic and sci fi as others have noted. The plant pots in that last set of pics are a really nice touch, adds a bit of 'life' to the scene.

You did a great job matching the skintone with that face repaint. Apologies if this is a silly question, but is he meant to be a new character, or one we've seen before but with a new look?

Either way, it all looks great so far, and fits well into your 'verse. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

10Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 am

Ovy

Ovy
Never underestimate those mineral guys! He looks like a post apocalyptic grungy Pokémon trainer.

Really like the plants in this place, gives it more life, literally.

That giant carlike thing lurking in the background gives it a dreamy surreal feel.

11Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:42 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice touches all around, even if I wonder about the post-apocalyptic functioning of USB drives and the like. But he does seem to be on top of it all.

I'm thinking due to the contents of the drive it was probably found in a more secure government facility, like how in the world of Fallout there are mostly a lot of slums above ground, but then places like underground vaults were mostly unaffected by the apocalypse and still have functioning technology.

skywalkersaga wrote:Very cool dio and fun accessories! I love that unique blend of magic and sci fi as others have noted. The plant pots in that last set of pics are a really nice touch, adds a bit of 'life' to the scene.

You did a great job matching the skintone with that face repaint. Apologies if this is a silly question, but is he meant to be a new character, or one we've seen before but with a new look?

Either way, it all looks great so far, and fits well into your 'verse. Smile

Thank you, I am often in love with the design idea of combining things that are dull, decayed and lifeless with things that are beautiful and colorful. It's just a striking contrast.

It is still Gheizt, just without face paint and significantly more pale due to staying inside more often and social distancing. Razz

12Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Empty Re: Secret Laboratory (UPDATED) Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:19 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
The lab looks awesome! Cool props, and the printed backgrounds blend really well as always. I have a few of those lights too, but these fit so well with your aesthetic. And it's cool to see Gheizt without his usual warpaint. Very cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum