OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:12 pm

michael crawford

It's been awhile since I had a new sixth scale figure! Tonight I'm checking out Wormtail, aka Peter Pettigrew, from Star Ace's Harry Potter line:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-042020a.htm

You can also find the review with the rest at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Review_pettigrew_12

2Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Seems like a reasonable review. Thanks for sharing. I don’t know of a way to color synthetic hair. My recommendation would be a reroot with real hair the appropriate color.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review C8485110

3Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much for the review. I bet Harry Potter fans are quite happy to see so many characters released. I know this line (and company) is not known for its super realism, and I have no vested interest, but I think you're too easy on the head sculpt -- comparing it to the character's image on the box cover, the physical head sculpt looks like a caricature to me. I do love the accessories.

4Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:55 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is actually a better looking figure than I expected from the title. Thanks for the fair review as always.

And regarding the hair... I agree that the best bet would be to re-hair it with tibetan lamb hair in a more accurate colour and/or blend of colours. Because of the natural texture of the lamb hair, it would actually help with a more screen-accurate look, as well.

The source many of us here on this forum get lamb hair is the site 'MoreZMore', or via their ebay store. Of course, you could always have it professionally re-haired, but it can be much more affordable to do it oneself. Plus, this hairstyle seems like it would be fairly simple to replace, since at least with this figure it already has a space for the hair and you wouldn't have to carve the plastic hair off it. All you'd have to do is probably cut the original hair off the head, and then glue the lamb hair down in its place. Also, the hairstyle is such that it wouldn't require hugely elaborate techniques. Since it doesn't even need a center parting, for instance, it makes the process even more straightforward.  If the back of the head/scalp with the rooted factory hair comes off or is a separate piece, that would make it even easier, but it's still pretty doable even if not.

Heck, I'd even offer to do it for you, but I'm located in the UK and the current situation in the world might make that a little impractical at the moment.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:26 am

Ovy

Ovy
Agree, his hair looks too beautiful, almost presidential.

As Skywalker said, this one is perfect for land hair rooting. But some brown heavily thinned acrylics could also work in dampening the color.

And agree, Baby Voldemort is cute! Didn't know he was a thing.
(I was never that interested in HP for some reason, only read one book (in fourth grade) and watched four films years ago. Surprised

6Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:42 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They really gave him some cheeks! I know nothing about HP but that face would totally work to make a jester or something, just need one of those colorful suits.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review 1f60e

7Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Empty Re: Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail) review Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:18 pm

michael crawford

Thanks for the input on the hair, folks! I'll see what I can do...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum