OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

skywalkersaga

That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

MeMyself&I

skywalkersaga wrote:That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

If, and that is a BIG if, I do end up getting one of these down the line, I will have to get the version with the head sculpt. Perhaps then I could do like what I did with my custom Kasumi and just get rid of the hair and do whatever I wanted. It isn't super daunting now that I've done it, it just takes a lot of time I don't always have.

Is anyone getting one with the included head sculpt?

meow

MeMyself&I wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

If, and that is a BIG if, I do end up getting one of these down the line, I will have to get the version with the head sculpt. Perhaps then I could do like what I did with my custom Kasumi and just get rid of the hair and do whatever I wanted. It isn't super daunting now that I've done it, it just takes a lot of time I don't always have.

Is anyone getting one with the included head sculpt?

I personally like the head and if I was to get another one I would get it with the head rather then trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and yes you can do a lot with a head that already works..

I added 2 more pictures to the original link from the neck so you can see better how much difference there is on the stem

Diana

Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

The Tariah h/s is *officially* suntan, but I have two (they're ridiculously cheap on ebay) and one of them is light enough to sort of work on a pale body under the right lighting conditions (if at that price these heads turn out to be knock-offs, then they're good ones).

I'm glad you're still looking forward to getting yours, I don't think I'll have any use for one though. It's annoying (for me) as it could just about pass for an overly-tall and skinny teen/YA character if those boobs, hips and waist weren't so ridiculously out of proportion.

Diana

Diana
She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1f0bcf10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A2521510

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
AerynDiana wrote:She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1f0bcf10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A2521510

Those heads REALY accentuate the weird proportions of those bodies. Are the feet really that disproportioned?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 S37_ed10[/url]

A quick edit of what it may look like with a roughly 8% smaller head just to see if it can work or not.

Hope you don't mind my using your photo to do so Diana.

Nekk-ra

Wow. It doesn't even look like a 1/6 figure. It's the same height, but seems more 1/7 or 8th scaled. Bizarre.

Wonder if the Furiosa or Scully heads would work on that body, since they are infamously underscaled.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Nekk-ra wrote:Wow. It doesn't even look like a 1/6 figure. It's the same height, but seems more 1/7 or 8th scaled. Bizarre.

Wonder if the Furiosa or Scully heads would work on that body, since they are infamously underscaled.

The two different YM Anna heads I own are both even smaller than that Furiosa head, so... no I don't think they would work.

Sorry to say it but I just can't see me ever getting one of these bodies.

doodlehobby

May someone please post a side by side comparison of the body with a regular TBL (and possibly the S25/26)? I'm super curious.

PatriciaLaHag

PatriciaLaHag
And please could someone post a side by side comparison with a Barbie body? Please ??

Diana

Diana
Feel free to do with these picture what you want! Wink

Sadly I neither have a Barbie body nor a S25/26, but here is a quick comparison with an S16 (white underwear) and an S12D (black underwear).

PS: I have now fixed the Anna head with some blutack, which helps a lot and I don't mind it anymore actually. Smile

GeeWillikers wrote:The two different YM Anna heads I own...
Are they both this yellow/olive skinned?

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Img_9529

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Img_9529

The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
AerynDiana wrote:Feel free to do with these picture what you want! Wink

Sadly I neither have a Barbie body nor a S25/26, but here is a quick comparison with an S16 and an S12D.

PS: I have now fixed the Anna head with some blutack, which helps a lot and I don't mind it anymore actually. Smile

Out of curiosity, could you throw a Super Duck HS on for the heck of it? I have more SD than anything so I am REALLY curious what that looks like, especially compared next to the s12.

doodlehobby

Thanks for the comparison. If it wasn't for the large busts that can burst and create a new silicone valley, I think these could have possibly worked for a malnourished character. Although in the fantasy realm, this might also work for a human-elf hybrid? I would have considered this if the bust was smaller.

Regarding the neck ball joint, you could try wrapping plumbers tape around the joint. Or put foam pieces in to as @GubernatorFan has done. There was another method involving a heat shrink rubber sleeve that works too with ball joints. I can't recall what they are called though.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the comparisons, they are really helpful. I still think the 16/17 or the 22/23 are still my preferred bodies at the moment. The proportions on this one is a bit too exaggerated for me.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
FreakinLobster wrote:Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

Unless I am blind, yes, that is for sure the s16/17. It’s a great body in how it moves (though mine has some looser elbows), and I would argue probably the best legs I’ve seen on a TBL. Definitely tall though.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
FreakinLobster wrote:Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

Yes, it looks like it (narrower shoulders, smaller bust).

I like this new body OK from the feet to the belly button but then it all goes to hell. My favourite body would easily be the 28/29 if only it were manufactured better. Otherwise, it's the 16/17 or 22/23 for me, too.

The unique (so far) Viking Woman body is really very nice, though (I'm now thinking it's the same body as the upcoming 42/43, only with foot pegs). Fingers crossed that it's actually the 40/41 body type that TBL skipped for some reason, and it'll be out next year.

Nekk-ra

I also like the 16/17 and 22/23 as far as base bodies go, but the bodies they used for Kier, Gethsemoni, Suzi, & Viking woman (which I believe are the same base) are my favorite.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

MeMyself&I wrote:Out of curiosity, could you throw a Super Duck HS on for the heck of it? I have more SD than anything so I am REALLY curious what that looks like, especially compared next to the s12.
I think I do own one SD head, so I'll dig it out asap.

doodlehobby wrote:Regarding the neck ball joint, you could try wrapping plumbers tape around the joint. Or put foam pieces in to as @GubernatorFan has done. There was another method involving a heat shrink rubber sleeve that works too with ball joints. I can't recall what they are called though.
I am actually VERY happy with the BluTack solution. Works perfectly in this case.

MeMyself&I wrote:

Unless I am blind, yes, that is for sure the s16/17. It’s a great body in how it moves (though mine has some looser elbows), and I would argue probably the best legs I’ve seen on a TBL. Definitely tall though.
It is indeed Smile

Diana

Diana
I just had a photo shoot with my SD head, which looked cute on photos but in hand I don’t like the look of her mouth at all...

Anyway, here are the shots, I hope not too many, followed by some comparison shots with YMT‘s Anna. When playing with some typical anime/comic book style frames and angles I have lots of fun. Smile

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A3705f10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 046fd310
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 38d48510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 57528b10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Bd536510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1ca08710
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 0b64c010
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Af2f7510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 De016410
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 55150910
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 09513510

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Super Duck head is cute, but way too large for the body, I think. The YM Toys' Anna head looks really pretty with it, on the other hand. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with skywalkersaga. But, I like the angles and photos. The wind blown look is kind of cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Indeed --- Diana's photography and posing is superb! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
The upshot with the superduck head looks great. Straight on the head does appear too large for this body. I like the ym toys head on it better.

Diana

Diana
I agree. And thank you for the kind words! Smile

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks for the pics (especially with the SD head!) Diana! You really answered a lot of questions, and hammered the final nail in the coffin of my ever getting one of these bodies. I have one YMT head and several (granted of the same sculpt due to various projects and reasons) SD heads. She might as well be a bobble head with the SD head on there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum