OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Nekk-ra

I also like the 16/17 and 22/23 as far as base bodies go, but the bodies they used for Kier, Gethsemoni, Suzi, & Viking woman (which I believe are the same base) are my favorite.

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:The two that I have don't even match each other.  Smile

The raven black-haired one is so ghostly pale that you could call it translucent - I had to blush it up quite a bit to get a match even with a pale TBL body.

The blonde looks slightly pinkish/darker (but that may be an optical illusion down to being framed by blonde hair). It's still too wan, but a better match to a TBL pale.

I got both from GianToy, so I assume they aren't knock-offs.
Oh no! That's a shame. I'm not willing to get another body that's not TBL and changing the pale body to just be a little more olive will be hard if at all possible.

MeMyself&I wrote:Out of curiosity, could you throw a Super Duck HS on for the heck of it? I have more SD than anything so I am REALLY curious what that looks like, especially compared next to the s12.
I think I do own one SD head, so I'll dig it out asap.

doodlehobby wrote:Regarding the neck ball joint, you could try wrapping plumbers tape around the joint. Or put foam pieces in to as @GubernatorFan has done. There was another method involving a heat shrink rubber sleeve that works too with ball joints. I can't recall what they are called though.
I am actually VERY happy with the BluTack solution. Works perfectly in this case.

MeMyself&I wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Is this one with the white underwear the S16/17? I really liked this body. If so, I may get one.

Unless I am blind, yes, that is for sure the s16/17. It’s a great body in how it moves (though mine has some looser elbows), and I would argue probably the best legs I’ve seen on a TBL. Definitely tall though.
It is indeed Smile

Diana

I just had a photo shoot with my SD head, which looked cute on photos but in hand I don’t like the look of her mouth at all...

Anyway, here are the shots, I hope not too many, followed by some comparison shots with YMT‘s Anna. When playing with some typical anime/comic book style frames and angles I have lots of fun. Smile

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A3705f10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 046fd310
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 38d48510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 57528b10
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Bd536510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 1ca08710
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 0b64c010
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Af2f7510
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 De016410
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 55150910
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 09513510

skywalkersaga

The Super Duck head is cute, but way too large for the body, I think. The YM Toys' Anna head looks really pretty with it, on the other hand. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with skywalkersaga. But, I like the angles and photos. The wind blown look is kind of cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Indeed --- Diana's photography and posing is superb! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
The upshot with the superduck head looks great. Straight on the head does appear too large for this body. I like the ym toys head on it better.

Diana

Diana
I agree. And thank you for the kind words! Smile

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks for the pics (especially with the SD head!) Diana! You really answered a lot of questions, and hammered the final nail in the coffin of my ever getting one of these bodies. I have one YMT head and several (granted of the same sculpt due to various projects and reasons) SD heads. She might as well be a bobble head with the SD head on there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well done, everyone. This has been helpful and educational. I was on the fence about the possible use of this (being pale didn't help), but the apparently serious issue in finding fitting heads is a pretty significant complication. Of course, it was already so with the earlier petite bodies, but at least those came in suntan and were more realistically shaped (I'm rather fond of the S25B myself). Then again, Diana did find a look that worked.

Diana

Diana
I think I found another head that works. Smile
Wondery’s Angela arrived today:

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 5c10ba10

doodlehobby

I guess you don't have a S10D to compare the body to? I'm wondering if this will work for a body swap with KYStudio Burryna. I'm still waiting for it to drop but still stuck in transit limbo.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's another good choice, Diana.

tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That one does look good as well!

75tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 Empty head Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:40 pm

meow

I do like that ming head, I will have to get me one..
I think the lolita head would work but I don't like it. I settled with the SUPER DUCK SDH015 1/6 (menga style) head
I agree sticky tack works great for holding the head properly and allowing movement still . Great posing and fotos btw.
I will also say I like the S32 because of the narrow shoulders.

Diana

Diana
doodlehobby wrote:I guess you don't have a S10D to compare the body to? I'm wondering if this will work for a body swap with KYStudio Burryna. I'm still waiting for it to drop but still stuck in transit limbo.
I have an S12D, so here is another comparison shot:
S29, S16, S12D and S37:
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 0f3cd810

csyeung

csyeung
Nice! The JJ x Nancy kitbash looks great!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! And here folks complained that all the precious TBL bodies were unrealistic — they look positively “healthy” compared to the 37 and that unrealistic torso. I’ve never seen KR look so well-nourished — nice upgrade.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Nancy body does seem the most realistic of all of them in this particular lineup. The newest one the least. It's that upper body... when compared with the others, the lower body actually seems ok -- slim but not too exaggerated. The waist on up though... frustrating. It's a body that looks cute on its own but it seems to be very glaringly 'anime' when next to the others.

doodlehobby

Oh... that upper body... I'm literally at a loss for words.

Well, looking at the brighter side of things, my wallet thanks you. LOL

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Man, I may get a S29 body too. I liked its proportions and legs shape.

AerynDiana, could I ask a favor? Could you take a pic of these bodies from the side, please? I wanted to see their shapes and breast sizes on the sides. I'm wanna make an Alpha Chun-Li and am still figuring which body to use.

Diana

Diana
Hah! Yes, I only temporarily parked the KR/JJ head on Nancy’s body and there it stayed. Just perfect. I might take the yellow gloves off some day cause that’s too Nancy. ^^

FreakinLobster wrote:Man, I may get a S29 body too. I liked its proportions and legs shape.

AerynDiana, could I ask a favor? Could you take a pic of these bodies from the side, please? I wanted to see their shapes and breast sizes on the sides. I'm wanna make an Alpha Chun-Li and am still figuring which body to use.
I am happy to answer the call. 😊
I managed to squeeze in my S33, albeit with reduced usefulness due to the black pants...
tbleague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 3 A5c02810

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thanks so much for the pics. It helped me a lot on choosing the body for this project.

To make Alpha Chun-Li, I was torn between:
- S23: mid-breast and muscular, but tall;
- S29: thicker legs and nice body shape overall, but boobs are kinda big.

Now since Chun-Li is 1,65 m tall (or 5'5") according with SF wiki, the S29's smaller height makes for a stronger pick.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana, may I "borrow" the from-the-side lineup for the TBLeague body catalog, with due attribution, of course?

csyeung

csyeung
Great comparison picture Diana! The 33 is super tall in comparison. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes with the phicen boots, the already long legged s23 or s16 becomes super long legged, but with your s29, the legs look appropriate proportioned with the boots on. Very interesting!

Diana

Diana
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks so much for the pics. It helped me a lot on choosing the body for this project.

To make Alpha Chun-Li, I was torn between:
- S23: mid-breast and muscular, but tall;
- S29: thicker legs and nice body shape overall, but boobs are kinda big.

Now since Chun-Li is 1,65 m tall (or 5'5") according with SF wiki, the S29's smaller height makes for a stronger pick.
I understand the dilemma! Smile
I could follow up with S33, Painkiller Jane (S23) and S29 all with boots if you like. The height difference here is of course reduced due to S29 wearing those boots and the S16 (similar in height to S23) being bare foot.

GubernatorFan wrote:Diana, may I "borrow" the from-the-side lineup for the TBLeague body catalog, with due attribution, of course?
Absolutely and any time. The more use we get out of these the better. Wink

csyeung wrote:Great comparison picture Diana! The S33 is super tall in comparison. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes with the phicen boots, the already long legged s23 or s16 becomes super long legged, but with your s29, the legs look appropriate proportioned with the boots on. Very interesting!
Agreed. Although, as you say, the boots play a big role here. I was quite surprised what a different they make!

So: another comparison shot coming up with S17, S23, S29 and S33 all wearing the same boots. Not today though. ^^
Maybe with the S06 added for fun, but she's wearing black so it'll mostly be for the height comparison. I do think her body is one of the prettiest! If only she had detachable feet...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, Diana, you're a great team player!

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I don't exactly mean to bump this to the top again, but I found this on Youtube and thought that it would be an interesting resource for anyone looking at these bodies. Do be warned, it is uncensored if that is an issue.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ That guy really treats his figures rough.

I dunno - they look slightly less ridiculous isolated 'on film' than they do side-by-side with the 'normal' bodies in static shots. But it's still not enough to tempt me to buy, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum