OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
this might work well for kitbashing like many of the other disney store figures/dolls. The body Disney Store use is also great for teen or petite adult characters so almost everything in the box is useful:

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 94702510

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Previously I used Disney Store Rey and Kylo parts to make simple kitbashes with new bodies and heads etc

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 36166471364_8e2c4182a5_kIMG_1930 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I just wish they’d given her extra hands! Sad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not a bad idea at all. The Disney Store does pretty good work, even if just slightly underscaled with some of their figures (I have their Classic Leia), which would indeed work for younger versions. I reviewed their Krennic, who was actually pretty good in scale.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t20-product-review-disney-star-wars-elite-series-director-orson-krennic-premium-action-figure#229

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GubernatorFan wrote:Not a bad idea at all. The Disney Store does pretty good work, even if just slightly underscaled with some of their figures (I have their Classic Leia), which would indeed work for younger versions. I reviewed their Krennic, who was actually pretty good in scale.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t20-product-review-disney-star-wars-elite-series-director-orson-krennic-premium-action-figure#229

Nice review!

Funnily enough, The Leia by Disney Store is actually the correct height given how petite Carrie was

Oh, and in case anyone wondering: the Vader in my pic was made using the Crazy Toys Vader, a KO NBA player figure body and Hasbro Vader boots.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Cool I might have to visit the nearest one once I'm able (Dunno if they are open), I have the death trooper and Darth Vader and they are quite good if a bit underscale.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:Nice review! Funnily enough, The Leia by Disney Store is actually the correct height given how petite Carrie was

Thank you very much. And yes, that did occur to me (how petite Leia/Carrie was).

Theboo-bomb wrote:Cool I might have to visit the nearest one once I'm able (Dunno if they are open), I have the death trooper and Darth Vader and they are quite good if a bit underscale.

Most of these products are readily available for relatively reasonable prices online, too.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Theboo-bomb wrote:Cool I might have to visit the nearest one once I'm able (Dunno if they are open), I have the death trooper and Darth Vader and they are quite good if a bit underscale.

No need to rush yet as the Black Widow release is delayed due to the movie delay. It was supposed to be for sale now but might be moved closer to November. Smile

Also, Barbie is supposedly doing one too.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
jaztermareal wrote:Previously I used Disney Store Rey and Kylo parts to make simple kitbashes with new bodies and heads etc

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 36166471364_8e2c4182a5_kIMG_1930 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

Those came out great. Nice use of parts and a great price and place to get them. Thanks for posting these.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:Previously I used Disney Store Rey and Kylo parts to make simple kitbashes with new bodies and heads etc

Those came out great. Nice use of parts and a great price and place to get them. Thanks for posting these.

Cheers!

I am always looking for budget bashes. Bought a couple each of Kylo, Rey and Jyn back when they were a fiver each. good at £30, Amazing at £5!

Good starter figures for kid collectors too, nice enough to appear like HT to a kids eyes but cheap enough that it won't matter if they ruin them.

rui

jaztermareal wrote:this might work well for kitbashing like many of the other disney store figures/dolls. The body Disney Store use is also great for teen or petite adult characters so almost everything in the box is useful:

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 94702510

It looks like this is available now. From the high res pics, the suit is definitely looking a lot nicer than the Barbie Black Widow version and appears to feature a functional front zipper. Alas, it doesn't seem like the guns are removable. Ordered one now for use with the S25B. Might grab a couple more if/when they go on clearance sale. Very Happy

shopDisney US, $45

shopDisney UK, £30

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
rui wrote:

It looks like this is available now. From the high res pics, the suit is definitely looking a lot nicer than the Barbie Black Widow version and appears to feature a functional front zipper. Alas, it doesn't seem like the guns are removable. Ordered one now for use with the S25B. Might grab a couple more if/when they go on clearance sale. Very Happy

shopDisney US, $45

shopDisney UK, £30

thanks for heads up! I guess Disney got tired of delaying the figure so just gave up and made it available since Barbie released theirs. Fingers crossed the quality is good since most Disney Store collector dolls/figures are great for upgrading to better figures with head/body swaps. Hopeful

rui

jaztermareal wrote:thanks for heads up! I guess Disney got tired of delaying the figure so just gave up and made it available since Barbie released theirs. Fingers crossed the quality is good since most Disney Store collector dolls/figures are great for upgrading to better figures with head/body swaps. Hopeful

Plus it's the holidays and I expect all stores need all the sales they can get. I dropped by the local Disney Store (LA area) but they don't have it in stock yet. It's quite depressing to see all the closed shops. No

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
rui wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:thanks for heads up! I guess Disney got tired of delaying the figure so just gave up and made it available since Barbie released theirs. Fingers crossed the quality is good since most Disney Store collector dolls/figures are great for upgrading to better figures with head/body swaps. Hopeful

Plus it's the holidays and I expect all stores need all the sales they can get. I dropped by the local Disney Store (LA area) but they don't have it in stock yet. It's quite depressing to see all the closed shops. No

that is sad... I hope most can re-open soon

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
mine arrived today. No accessories to speak of as they are all part of the outfit and it only includes fists much like Captain Marvel but it looks like there is enough room in the suit to swap to a slightly fuller body (maybe a Phicen with small bust will work) so prob will be a great base for kitabash. definitely looks better than the Barbie one based on pictures. Perhaps the weapons and hands from the Barbie, the suit and boots etc from this Disney one and a new head/body might be a great budget combo. Just use the leftovers for a more doll like version for kid to play with and save the Disney base body for another petite character

rui

Finally got around to unboxing mine. Yikes, I don't think that jumpsuit will be going anywhere near my TBL bodies.

Shame since it does look a lot nicer than the Barbie outfit.

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 50588364808_2061c77096_kDisney Store Black Widow by Rui Hanazawa, on Flickr

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
rui wrote:Finally got around to unboxing mine. Yikes, I don't think that jumpsuit will be going anywhere near my TBL bodies.

Shame since it does look a lot nicer than the Barbie outfit.

Coming soon to Disney Store near you: Black Widow 50588364808_2061c77096_kDisney Store Black Widow by Rui Hanazawa, on Flickr

there are ways to prevent it. a good soak in warm water for a start. not the end of the world for the suit Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum