OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tamer of Beasts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tamer of Beasts Empty Tamer of Beasts Tue May 12, 2020 11:05 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I've occasionally come across discussions of 'skinning' a TBLeague body only partially, for a cyborg/android type character. I've had a similar idea bouncing around so figured I would finally give it a test shot with my most damaged M31. I also wanted to play around with introducing non-human creatures, as well as potential fantasy 'mounts'.

Korbin the Cyborg Bounty Hunter was attempting to teach his new hunting partner some useful tricks, like attack and play dead, even though the creature continuously played far too rough and damaged his synthetic body. He wondered how he would get the money for repairs so he wouldn't look like such s***, when suddenly the answer appeared before him.

Tamer of Beasts Img_2280
Tamer of Beasts Img_2281
Tamer of Beasts Img_2282
Tamer of Beasts Img_2283
Tamer of Beasts Img_2284
Tamer of Beasts Img_2285
Tamer of Beasts Img_2286

KORBIN: You...you're that girl with the hair and face markings that everyone's been looking for. Dead OR alive, wasn't it? Good thing I'm not feeling too picky today...

Tamer of Beasts Img_2287
Tamer of Beasts Img_2288
Tamer of Beasts Img_2289
Tamer of Beasts Img_2290
Tamer of Beasts Img_2291
Tamer of Beasts Img_2292
Tamer of Beasts Img_2293
Tamer of Beasts Img_2294
Tamer of Beasts Img_2295
Tamer of Beasts Img_2296
Tamer of Beasts Img_2297
Tamer of Beasts Img_2298
Tamer of Beasts Img_2299

KORBIN: Oh look, I think it likes the way you taste. And if it did this kind of damage to me...just imagine what's gonna happen to your soft, pretty flesh...

Tamer of Beasts Img_2300
Tamer of Beasts Img_2301
Tamer of Beasts Img_2302
Tamer of Beasts Img_2303
KORBIN: What the...
AURORA:That's a cute pet, for sure. Now let me introduce mine.
Tamer of Beasts Img_2304
Tamer of Beasts Img_2305
KORBIN:Hey beast, last lesson! Fetch my hand off the ground and let's get the hell out of here!!
Tamer of Beasts Img_2306
Tamer of Beasts Img_2307
Tamer of Beasts Img_2308
Tamer of Beasts Img_2309
Tamer of Beasts Img_2310

2Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Tue May 12, 2020 11:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my gosh, this is wild, I love it! You did an amazing job with that partially 'skinned' m31.... so disturbing but effective. Brilliant idea to add the wiring inside. 

And those dino-birds....how FUN. Enjoying this addition. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Tue May 12, 2020 11:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great scene and awesome hunting partners -- although their training and timing obviously left something to be desired. Wink

4Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Tue May 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, you did it! I think that's the first damaged tbleague Cyborg! With cables and all.

And you added crazy dinosaur pets to your universe, that's beautiful. Nice new background pieces, too.

5Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Tue May 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's really cool, I don't think you can go wrong with cyborgs ever. The cables add a nice touch to the borg guy, also those dinos are quite cool too. Cyborgs and dinosaurs are an amazingly cool combo.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Tamer of Beasts 1f60e

6Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Wed May 13, 2020 12:31 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
That was very cool. Loved all the colors in the characters and background. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing your work.

AFM

7Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Wed May 13, 2020 6:43 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Interesting, what you've done here....

8Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Wed May 13, 2020 2:11 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I have 2 of those beast of meziozoic raptors they are quite good and I will admit I was debating whether to 'feather' them now i'm more tempted.

9Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Wed May 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was so cool. Great to see those raptors getting some use. Fun story. I liked what you did with your damaged TBL.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tamer of Beasts C8485110

10Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Sat May 16, 2020 12:36 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Ovy wrote:Yay, you did it! I think that's the first damaged tbleague Cyborg! With cables and all.

And you added crazy dinosaur pets to your universe, that's beautiful. Nice new background pieces, too.

lol I still hope to possibly see your take on a cyborg/android-type eventually though, I know it will be unique in its own way.

Delanie wrote:I have 2 of those beast of meziozoic raptors they are quite good and I will admit I was debating whether to 'feather' them now i'm more tempted.

Yeah their articulation is great, but smaller in height than I thought they would be. When ordering mine I misunderstood the "1/6 scale 12 inches" description for how tall they would be, not their 'length,' haha. And yes, the feathers help to hide the raptor's joints and make them a bit more lifelike in a similar way rooted hair works for human characters. I'm tempted to buy another with different colors so I can use different colored feathers as well. Razz

But anyway, here are a few more close-up update photos of just Korbin. Damaged his hand and cables a bit more.

Tamer of Beasts Img_2311
Tamer of Beasts Img_2312
Tamer of Beasts Img_2313
Tamer of Beasts Img_2314
Tamer of Beasts Img_2315

11Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Sat May 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’d love one of those raptors even though I don’t have any actual use for them...but they’re just so cute! Laughing

I love the idea of ‘skinning’ a seamless figure for a cyborg, it’s such a good way of keeping articulation but adding a little extra detailing.

12Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 am

brassco

brassco
an insane amount of time sacrifice for this project, i can see. Ultimately, it makes you happy, that instead of imagining it, you created it, and prove it to the world...Is it worth the time? OF COURSE, that's the whole point of doing this hobby in the first place!

13Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Mon May 18, 2020 10:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor Korbin! But the work you put into him is very impressive.

14Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Mon May 18, 2020 10:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Poor Korbin indeed, though the way you did the damage on him is very awesome. I think my favourite detail is that little metallic glimmer along the cracks on his cheek. A small thing, but really gives him that cyborg effect. Great work. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

15Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So much coolness! Great use of the dinosaurs, and Korbin is so neat. His exposed metal skeleton totally works, especially with the addition of the wires. And Aurora has really come into her own, and really proved herself not to be messed with. Another great trip into your world.

16Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Thu May 21, 2020 10:53 pm

ZombieKev

Very brave to cut open that body! Good result thoughb and very creative scenes/figures I must say.

17Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Story Telling. Love the Characters and the Monsters. You spend much Work in the figures, absolute Unique

18Tamer of Beasts Empty Re: Tamer of Beasts Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:59 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i love how everybody here has his/her own personal "kink" when it comes to figures, settings, themes and art styles, yours is definitely unique. i cant even say i undestand everthing but thats not a bad thing, its borderline "twilight zone" kinda cool. some episode you're left with some "wtf did i just watch?" but nevertheless you feel well entertained. plus going the additional mile and chopping up a figure in order to achieve your goal demands respect.
cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum