OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mostoys: The first series of head sculptures of beasts 1/6 head sculpture of hairless cat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Interesting choice to break into the market with. I don't know about the rest of you, but this is quite literally the very last thing I would choose to pick up in our scale. Smile Also interesting that their "sixth scale" is not actually sixth scale in reference to the animal's head, but to the human head. Admittedly, sixth-scale in reference to the animal really should have been the whole animal (maybe with swappable heads?). With better choices, they could have given us alternatives for the Egyptesque TBLeague animal heads, but this would not be it, "sphinx" cat or no.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, at least for a hybrid character, at least they got the proportions correct, unlike that awful Bast prototype from TBLeague. If you’re going to do this sort of thing, proper head/body ratio is pretty critical.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mostoys: The first series of head sculptures of beasts 1/6 head sculpture of hairless cat C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, at least for a hybrid character, at least they got the proportions correct, unlike that awful Bast prototype from TBLeague. If you’re going to do this sort of thing, proper head/body ratio is pretty critical.

I agree about the size, but they just had to go and pick this head... such a missed opportunity, in my book anyway. It would be totally wrong for Bast, too. But hey, I'm trying to cut down on purchases, so thank you Mostoys! Smile

Delanie

Delanie
I kind of like the idea but it would be better if it was just the head without the neck. might make some sort of fantasy character perhaps it could be re-haired?

did you guys see the figure with the doberman head on the right hand side of the picture it seems they may be making more animal heads. I'm still holding out for a stags head

packraptor

packraptor
Delanie wrote:did you guys see the figure with the doberman head on the right hand side of the picture it seems they may be making more animal heads. I'm still holding out for a stags head

That's what I was thinking. I sincerely doubt that they would include the figure with the doberman head in the background unless they were planning it as an eventual release. My guess is it's a prototype that's probably next in line for production after the cat head/hand set. If so, it's definitely on my watch-list.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, at least for a hybrid character, at least they got the proportions correct, unlike that awful Bast prototype from TBLeague. If you’re going to do this sort of thing, proper head/body ratio is pretty critical.

An "awful Bast prototype from TBLeague"?  I must have missed that entirely.  Do you kindly have a link, or sufficient details to google with -- I'm not finding anything.  If a TBL Bast is in the works that's good news; and if it's awful as shown so far, that's unfortunate, but if it's a prototype, there's still room to hope.

I figured my eventual Bast was probably going to have to be some conversion from the Doctor Who Novice Hame figure...

NEW PRODUCT: Mostoys: The first series of head sculptures of beasts 1/6 head sculpture of hairless cat Unname10

Valiarde

Valiarde
lol!

But i kinda like where this is going. I have a little project with animal/monsterized humans bso lets see more heafs in this series. This one isnt gonna cut it for me

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

An "awful Bast prototype from TBLeague"?  I must have missed that entirely.  Do you kindly have a link, or sufficient details to google with -- I'm not finding anything.  If a TBL Bast is in the works that's good news; and if it's awful as shown so far, that's unfortunate, but if it's a prototype, there's still room to hope.

I figured my eventual Bast was probably going to have to be some conversion from the Doctor Who Novice Hame figure...

NEW PRODUCT: Mostoys: The first series of head sculptures of beasts 1/6 head sculpture of hairless cat Unname10

I posted it here (post 22):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3336-wonder-festival-2020-shanghai

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mostoys: The first series of head sculptures of beasts 1/6 head sculpture of hairless cat C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male

Thanks for that.  Sadly, I have to concur with your comment "awful," and I think your stated reasons are correct.  Worse, there isn't much there that would be redeemable by customising. The one small hope is that like Anubis, it may have two heads, with the one that we haven't seen yet being both tranquil and maybe appearing marginally larger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum