OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Brilliant, Christine. Nice use of simple items; the paint work sells it all.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gorgeous and intelligent design, as always. Is mount board the same thing we call foam board here? If so, painting it might be a problem as it getting it wet causes it to warp. But your wall came out great. The rusty, worn cardboard walls look so realistic. And I completely agree with the desirability of keeping diorama elements modular, reducing them to basically flat stackable pieces that you can store and (re)arrange as needed.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

AlKelAstra91

Woooow. It was difficult to see all those incredible details and paintwork in the original, much darker photos. Is it just paintbrush or is there airbrush work there as well? The detailed wall panel just looks so awesome. The data screens and buttons - are those printouts or something else?

ZombieKev

Whoa, total transformation on those walls! I love it when people use everyday objects to create hyper detailed 1/6 items. So creative!

Ovy

Ovy
Ha, Lego fence, nice! And googly eye. Very beautiful and effective. And quite affordable.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Such an amazing transformation, I really appreciate you sharing these... it's inspiring. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous and intelligent design, as always. Is mount board the same thing we call foam board here? If so, painting it might be a problem as it getting it wet causes it to warp. But your wall came out great. The rusty, worn cardboard walls look so realistic. And I completely agree with the desirability of keeping diorama elements modular, reducing them to basically flat stackable pieces that you can store and (re)arrange as needed.

No, it’s the thicker card used for mounting photographs in frames and things. It’s not as thick as foamboard (which I use for most of Max and Juno’s rooms) but it’s still pretty sturdy. It’s kind of like the cardboard backs on sketchpads! I bought a few sheets when my favourite art shop closed down a few years ago and I’ve inherited tons of smaller bits from my grandpa’s old photography stash. XD

But yeah, foamboard and paint do NOT go well together. Luckily I usually just use scrapbook paper or wallpaper samples to decorate with and they can be attached with either a glue stick or double sided tape so there’s no danger of getting it soggy.

Woooow. It was difficult to see all those incredible details and paintwork in the original, much darker photos. Is it just paintbrush or is there airbrush work there as well? The detailed wall panel just looks so awesome. The data screens and buttons - are those printouts or something else?

No airbrush, just good old fashioned paintbrush and sponge combo! Yeah they’re printouts! Some I found online, the others I cobbled together in photoshop. :3

Ephiane

Ephiane
You are the master of 1:6 Figure stop motion. The pictures are so ahtmospheric. I love the Story too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm looking forward to seeing where this story goes next. These two characters are very intriguing, and beautifully done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the explanation. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what you do next with this.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow, the behind the scenes shots just further sold me on how rad this is. Like I freakin love how this wall looks!

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) - Page 2 5777609595_54c8d9f6ee_z

Love this more and more.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Lynkhart wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous and intelligent design, as always. Is mount board the same thing we call foam board here? If so, painting it might be a problem as it getting it wet causes it to warp. But your wall came out great. The rusty, worn cardboard walls look so realistic. And I completely agree with the desirability of keeping diorama elements modular, reducing them to basically flat stackable pieces that you can store and (re)arrange as needed.

No, it’s the thicker card used for mounting photographs in frames and things. It’s not as thick as foamboard (which I use for most of Max and Juno’s rooms) but it’s still pretty sturdy. It’s kind of like the cardboard backs on sketchpads! I bought a few sheets when my favourite art shop closed down a few years ago and I’ve inherited tons of smaller bits from my grandpa’s old photography stash. XD

But yeah, foamboard and paint do NOT go well together. Luckily I usually just use scrapbook paper or wallpaper samples to decorate with and they can be attached with either a glue stick or double sided tape so there’s no danger of getting it soggy.

No airbrush, just good old fashioned paintbrush and sponge combo! Yeah they’re printouts! Some I found online, the others I cobbled together in photoshop. :3

Foam board goes fine with paint as long as you are using the right thickness...like half inch or thicker. When using the 3/8ths inch, it will definitely warp under a heavy coat of paint.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thats some great stuff right there. cant say that i'm into that game in particular but that doesn't mean i dislike the setting, quite the opposite.
now i'm curious to see if cyberpunk 2077 will spark another diorama of yours Wink and many thanks for taking the time posting some work in progress photos, that way one learns another trick or two. and i'm guilty of not documenting my work in progress myself Wink

as for foam, we got something called styrodur in germany. thing is, acrylic paints do not damage it per se but remain "tacky" or sticky, leaving ugly stains on the feed of your figures.
spray painting it though completely messes it up. BUT there is a primer spray especially for foam based materials you can use for coating. after that you should be good to go.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh I’ve been looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 for aaaages, I’m so excited to play it!
I really want to try to do a street scene of some kind with ‘neon’ lights but that’s on the back burner for now. XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum