OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! 50984394756_54323cf568_zMax Does NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

In the model horse hobby, February heralds the highly motivating community challenge of NaMoPaiMo (national model (horse) painting month) and Max has joined in the last four years alongside me. She and Juno have been demanding I make them a dedicated craft room/studio for months, so this seemed like the opportune time to get round to it!

As ever I’ll link to my blog where all the shiny photos lie and this time it also includes a nifty little stopmotion I did at the same time. I’m hoping to do another post this week showing how I put the diorama together along with a few step by step guides of particular accessories and things.

Anyway, without any further ado, here’s the post!

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.com/2021/02/max-does-namopaimo-2021-img-int-plus.html?m=1

EDIT: Here's the WIP post with a few tutorials!

https://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.com/2021/03/max-and-junos-craft-room-step-by-step.html

...plus a couple more sneak peeks. XD

Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! 50984516117_7bde6f0c42_zMax Does NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! 50967995242_c368f4529d_zMax does NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! 50984466972_72fdd2d174_zMax Does NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Whoa...this is seriously one of the most intricate miniature environments I have ever seen, and such detail and realism in everything from the art supplies on the desk to the wall art, tiny horse figures...everything is perfectly scaled and may as well be photographs of a real life person's room/art studio. I especially like the dark photos with only the lamp light turned on, those look brilliant!!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
I had to look several times to see if this was a real room or a diorama. Great work and beautiful pictures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with what the other have said. Your diorama building skills have always been impressive, but continue to impress. Everything is just so... right! Beautifully done!

Diana

Diana
That's incredible!! How cow I'm impressed. Those horses.... did you make them?? I've never seen horses that tiny yet detailed. But the overall design on the space is beautiful. Well done!!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Even though that neither horses nor modern day dioramas are my personal favourites in this hobby, I have to say this whole thing is really pretty and well crafted!
I love all the details you build into this room, it is really like a real crafting room. Have to rewatch this post a few times so I can enjoy all the little gems.

Very nice!!

Illusion

Illusion
just freaking awesome... can‘t believe to what length some folks of you go...

all those incredible details! and the timt spent to get this video so beautifully done... (I am eagerly sharing the Youtube Link.  Very Happy )

I love the girls too (have seen them in another dio of yours in some thread).
(not in any particular love with horses... but that does not matter at all)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The stopmotion is awesome! I hope she doesn't confuse her drinking mug with one where she keeps paintthinner in.

That diorama has a lot of details and is very well made, just as GnK at had to look careful to see it wasn't 1:1.

I first assumed the horses were from modelrailroad scales O or LGB, but reading your blog it seems they're custom made?

And I agree with Valiarde, I can't believe the amount of time some of you put into it.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Thanks guys! I need my desk back so it’s all going to be dismantled and packed away today!
Crying or Very sad
Most of the smaller horses are from model railways, but the one Max is painting is a Breyer ‘Mini Whinny’
The ones on the lowest shelf behind the desk are mostly artist resins made by model horse hobbyists. I haven’t sculpted any of them myself but all the ones on the top two shelves I painted.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Absolutely astounding, mind-boggling work, Lynkhart! Not that I expect any less from you, but each dio of yours takes things to the next level!!! :O The stop motion is also out of this world. Can't even imagine how much work had to go into this...

As a fellow model horse lover, I adore everything about it! My eye can't help but be drawn to Max's side of the studio, but Juno's is also very well-executed. I always love how you capture and convey their personalities and interests, and of course their relationship.

And I'm super impressed with Max's custom paintwork on those horses! (well, yours, lol Wink ). I appreciate her step-by-step guide, and I completely relate to the art block she experienced towards the end of the project. Her dapple grey turned out wonderfully! Wonder if I can commission her to paint some horses for me....;'D

Btw, where/how did you find/make those ribbons? Such a great detail... ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Wink))

lol I think I’m definitely more of a Max myself when it comes to organisation! I like being tidy and organised, I’m just not very good at it, so building up her clutter came very easily, lol

I actually won the ribbons! The BRC one was a prize for winning the ‘Bridle Tree Barn Raising’ competition from last month (the stable I made) and the other was a NaMo prize from last year! I think all prizes are better in miniature tbh! XD

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:I actually won the ribbons! The BRC one was a prize for winning the ‘Bridle Tree Barn Raising’ competition from last month (the stable I made) and the other was a NaMo prize from last year! I think all prizes are better in miniature tbh! XD

OMG, that makes it even better! and congrats!! I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Thanks! :3
I just wish I had the space to make more of these and keep them up - I had to dismantle this all today and while I'm glad I've regained the use of my desk, I miss seeing all the little bits and pieces on display!
In an ideal world I'd have a whole room dedicated to dioramas, as well as outside - think miniature village but in 1/6th scale!

Anyway, I've updated the OP with another link to my blog as I've done another post with some tutorials and things too!

https://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.com/2021/03/max-and-junos-craft-room-step-by-step.html

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Absolutely great, I'm amazed at the details on all the little horses.

Your animation is great too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow, Christine! This is another incredible build. So many details to look at. From the window, to the shelves, the table and it's industrial legs, the markers and paint jars -- Whew! Love the old Pulp novels -- I have almost all of those Mike Shayne books in my library, mainly for the Robert McGinnis cover art. Beautiful work, and as usual your techniques to make everything is inspirational. (I especially like the cut up empty pens to make the paint jars. Really enjoyed the video of Max painting her horse (which by the way turned out awesome).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Max does NaMoPaiMo 2021! (Diorama and stopmotion!) Now with tutorials! C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! and what an amazing dio! so much to look at! Love it!

ZombieTestSubject

Amazing scenes. The posing is so natural, the details so realistic. Just awesome work.

Ovy

Ovy
I am out of words here. You are one of the few reasons I still have Instagram, btw. Seriously people check Lynkhart's instagram.
I enjoy the shots of your 1/6 empty work space there. They have fewer likes/recognition because people think it is just a ahot of your regular work space, without realizing it being a perfect miniature, haha.

The old hexagonal citadel colours trigger some deep nostalgia in me.

I also love modified lamp.

Keep on winning!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
This is so freakin epic. The amount of detail in this whole dio, but especially the art supplies, is absolutely wild. Love seeing how your characters just so naturally inhabit this space. All of these photos just feel like perfect slice of life moments.

brassco

brassco
Speechless....I got to dedicate some of my life to make up something like this for once...

the power socket on the wall...and did i see an Ikea bag?? Even the dark shot from the first picture is perfect!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum