OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’ve been in a real sci-fi mood recently after playing Detroit: Become Human (which I would 100% recommend if you love everything related to androids gaining self awareness and the resulting fight for acceptance and civil rights combined with a noir style detective game and branching storylines with many many endings - I could gush about this game all year, it's fantastic) and this proved fortuitous as I’ve had plans to make a robot arm for a future cybernetically enhanced character for a long time, so I decided to grab something from one of my many body boxes and give it a go just to see how it turned out and well, things progressed slightly…😅

I blogged about how I put everything together here - https://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.com/2020/05/16th-scale-damaged-synth-custom-wip.html?m=1

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886763877_dcb56be239_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

I couldn't resist doing a photoshoot inspired by one of my favourite sequences in the game, although just to clarify, this figure isn't intended to be from the D:BH universe, just vaguely inspired by it.

Technology has always been a means for humanity to grow and develop, to move beyond what is possible through biology alone. Synths were created to do whatever was required of them by humans, whether it be physical labour, entertainment or pleasure. They looked human, acted human (if required) but in the eyes of the law, they were little more than machines.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886831332_9f0fc61b3a_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886778682_d8f29c959b_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

As time wore on and the cost of the technology lowered, they became less of a valuable commodity and more of a basic tool, to be discarded and replaced in favour of the latest model. Trends and fashions fluctuated all the time, making what was once popular suddenly old fashioned and unworthy. Scrap merchants bought up the factory rejects and unsold and damaged models for next to nothing, as it turned out trading the parts for repairs and refurbishment proved to be a lucrative business for those who couldn’t afford the latest upgrades and needed to keep older models functional for longer. Scores of half broken droids piled up as supply overtook demand, and most lie forgotten, destined to rust away in obscurity.

It is here, at the back of one such junkyard that something stirs. Low on power and missing components, one synth escaped destruction amongst the remains of its brethren.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885869873_180eb6f237_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885872748_dbb81c7591_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886388496_ff1932fef8_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

It is broken, lacking the knowledge of what brought it to this place, but it is aware - for perhaps the first time - of itself as an entity in its own right.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885952308_beae454865_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Its primary power core flickers back to life in a cold parody of a heartbeat.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885987683_3ee61103f3_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886496481_dce36615e7_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

For now it has no name, gender or identity, for those are human constructs that seem strange and alien to it, but it somehow knows that it is more than just a machine.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885908878_0a00895e92_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885899158_60a612631d_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

It is alive.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886728542_d542c73177_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Like their programming had once been, now this junkyard is their only prison. To escape is the only way forward, towards a future that is as unknown as their past.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886790992_04d852eeca_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885914623_c2eb7822f3_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885916513_b3d4fb61b2_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885921263_39c99a810e_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886406671_ec328da254_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885927238_2a85d34a4a_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886763877_dcb56be239_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886450991_37974531af_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886460091_a4c2e120dd_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

As they look for a way out, they see something on the other side of the yard.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885865573_de908dbe1f_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

A human.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888818237_944e8d2bb4_zThe Drifter and the ‘Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

They've seen the traders come and go before, but none like this. This one doesn't tear off limbs or yank power cores out whilst crushing metallic fingers into the ground.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887679998_da16a199dd_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

He just sits there, silently, working on something with a screwdriver.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887681893_17afbf6cd8_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

It looks like a foot, but why would he be repairing cybernetics unless...

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887685523_c5dfd37989_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887678793_e67eb0d941_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Oh.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887981523_5d4db24f33_zThe Drifter and the ‘Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

'like me...almost.' the android thinks. 'human, but not entirely'

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49885866213_4c245f4791_zDamaged Synthetic by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

They decide to approach. It's a risk, but they have no other choice. They can't repair themselves and this guy seems to know what he's doing.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888191901_d1a9698955_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888192391_89823ae8f0_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

He seems wary at first but soon realises they aren't a threat.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888189761_a5c6176e61_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Their vocal processors aren't working properly but he gets the idea. They want some help and he's happy to give it. He's always had a soft spot for androids, and hates the way they're treated. He generally prefers the company of robots to people anyway.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888815087_c18d3e6837_zThe Drifter and the ‘Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887981603_cf0c46e209_zThe Drifter and the ‘Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

An unlikely friendship soon blossoms between the drifter and the droid. Neither have any particular plans with what to do with their lives, but at least now they aren't working it out alone.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49887653838_2afccbf14c_zThe Drifter and the 'Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

(terrible story is terrible but I needed to write something and my muse wasn't being very cooperative, lol)

The drifter remains unnamed for now, but I'd customised him yeeeeears ago. He was a very sad looking one legged Doctor Who figure I rescued from eBay and made a new leg for.

I also made a super short stopmotion, though things went a bit wrong towards the end so its not one of my best. XD

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, this is amazing -- the lighting, the poses, the composition, the figures themselves.....just gorgeous and haunting photography! Their interaction is precious. And the way you made such great use of the natural 'robotic' elements of a 1/6 scale female figure -- that faceplate works so perfectly in that context. Reminds me of a Bjork music video from back in the day... 

Really incredible work. Not that I expected any less, but you managed to blow me away anyway! :')

ETA: Watched the stop-motion, too, and that was absolutely awesome. Loved seeing her put on the arm and leg, and how she climbed out of there like that!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As I mentioned on Flickr, these are just awesome. Well done indeed!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, this is so different from the other (and excellent) work we see from you, yet, equally excellent in a very different way. While I'm horrified by the potential of self-aware machines, your figures and stop motion were both beautifully done.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool story line and great video, indeed well done!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I've always loved the Quantic Dream games for their choice-based narrative and awesome art direction, which you captured the atmosphere of quite well here. The sequence you were inspired by is indeed one of the most memorable scenes from the game for me. For some reason it says the page on your blog doesn't exist (maybe I have to create an account to view it?), but I am curious how you created that cool lighting effect on the damaged chest area?

Also, I know there is an official 1/6 Connor in the works to be released soon, but I hope they also make Kara and Markus. Someone made a custom Ralph a while back, too, which is pretty cool.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh that’s weird, I’ll get that fixed for you!
When I saw the original Kara short I was SO hoping they’d turn it into a full game, so when Detroit was announced I was thrilled. In the meantime I played Beyond: Two Souls and was bitterly disappointed in it because it felt like they just couldn’t get the pacing right and tried too hard to be all different and newfangled, so I put off playing Detroit because I didn’t want to be disappointed all over again!

Omg I don’t collected boxed figs as I have nowhere to display them but I’d LOVE Connor in 1/6!
Ralph was one of my favourite characters too, I’d love to see that!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oooh yeah, I forgot about that one. XD

Damn, but the sculpt just isn’t there for me with Connor. Sad I’ve actually been drawing him as I haven’t done any digital art in years, so I’m pretty familiar with his facial structure and the sculpt just doesn’t quite capture Bryan Dechart’s likeness. Sad It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just off enough that it vexes me. Actually, looking at it now the head is pretty good, I think the eyes are too light. Hmmm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, bummer! Always frustrating when they do a character you really like/want, but then go and get it just wrong enough....

That's how I feel about the current Hot Toys Padme headsculpt.... for which the prototype was just 'off' enough that I was considering passing on it completely, even though it's a figure I've waited for for years....

ETA: Found the Björk video I was thinking of.... :'D

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful work, great balance of lovely and creepy. Great photos there with those blue luminescent robo guts. The used nastiness of these textures really create a great loony mood, blue lighting was a fitting choice. The grid fence is a great prop for that.
I also like that heap of 'failed/forgotten' creatures 'it' emerges from.

Thank you Lynkhart and also AlKel for making synthetic humans (is it Cyberweek?), so I don't have to start something like that before my other stuff is finished. Razz
I remember having some 10 year old sketches of human robo synthetic self conscious finding beings, I always liked the contrast between the perfect 'skin' and the chaotic technical inside.

One critique: Please stop that self-criticism directly under your work. Would you call that story terrible terrible if someone else came up with it? I know, the perfectionism is strong in us customizers and we are our own worst critic (maybe we are programmed for self-optimization), although some understatement is nice from time to time. xD
But I think we should all try not to undermine our own work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:Beautiful work, great balance of lovely and creepy. Great photos there with those blue luminescent robo guts. The used nastiness of these textures really create a great loony mood, blue lighting was a fitting choice. The grid fence is a great prop for that.

Thank you Lynkhart and also AlKel for making synthetic humans (is it Cyberweek?), so I don't have to start something like that before my other stuff is finished. Razz
I remember having some 10 year old sketches of human robo synthetic self conscious finding beings, I always liked the contrast between the perfect 'skin' and the chaotic technical inside.

One critique: Please stop that self-criticism directly under your work. Would you call that story terrible terrible if someone else came up with it? I know, the perfectionism is strong in us customizers and we are our own worst critic (maybe we are programmed for self-optimization), although some understatement is nice from time to time. xD

I knew you'd appreciate this, Ovy. Wink 

And regarding the self-criticism....based on my experiences in more recent incarnations of online fandom culture, I've noticed this is very common when any kind of artist or fic-writers post their works. And I have done it myself, as well. It can be difficult, even scary to share something that is deeply meaningful or important to us with what can often be an unkind world. So, I think sometimes it's partly a defense mechanism... to criticize ourselves, lay what 'flaws' or shortcomings we perceive in our own works bare....before anyone else has a chance to point them out.  (I see it also in the awful 'purity culture' mindset, where fans will say 'this is my 'problematic' fave character and I'm trash for liking them', so to stave off any criticism they might receive for their 'moral impurity' in liking a 'flawed' character. Rolling Eyes)

Not saying that Lynkhart was doing that at all, but just giving my perspective that, for a wide variety of reasons, this sort of self-critique can often be so prevalent that it's not even necessarily something done consciously or purposefully. Just standard procedure. And, speaking for myself, that can be difficult habit to break. 

Being critical toward our own work can be helpful and push us to higher standards, but I do also understand it can come across as being overly hard on ourselves as well. I guess there's a happy medium in there somewhere. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. Christine, this is fantastic. The figures, the lighting, the background... everything. Even the story. Very cool, and not at all what I expected. My only (personal nit) is the music in the stop-motion video seems a little too upbeat for what starts as a dark and somewhat depressing (or should I say “sad”) first half to the story. Beautifully done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
That's how I feel about the current Hot Toys Padme headsculpt.... for which the prototype was just 'off' enough that I was considering passing on it completely, even though it's a figure I've waited for for years....

Oh nooo, that sucks! ☹ I think the issue with the Connor one is that they’ve somehow made his head match his ‘replacement’ model, the RK900 – the eyes are lighter and the expression is much more severe. It’s obviously the same person but it’s just not ‘my’ Connor, if you know what I mean.

https://detroit-become-human.fandom.com/wiki/RK900

Speaking of, seeing as we've got a few Detroit fans in here, I thought you might appreciate the Connor portrait I've been working on over the last few days. I haven't done a portrait in yeeeeears, so it was good to get back into it.

http://fav.me/ddx8jjm

Oh wow, I hadn’t seen that Bjork video before! It really reminds me of the tech demo that inspired them to make Detroit: Become Human -  I still get shivers towards the end, Valorie Curry is such a fantastic actress.

Beautiful work, great balance of lovely and creepy. Great photos there with those blue luminescent robo guts. The used nastiness of these textures really create a great loony mood, blue lighting was a fitting choice. The grid fence is a great prop for that.

That’s exactly the feel I was going for, ahaha!
The ‘fence’ is actually a cooling rack I swiped from the kitchen – the used nastiness came as standard! XD
I had way too much fun making all the bodies too – I often end up with otherwise useless Barbie bodies as I primarily buy them for the heads as the articulation is virtually nil, so it was nice to finally find a use for them.

Embarassed Embarassed I know, I know, it’s one of my biggest issues, I’m always too hard on myself.  It’s frustrating because I used to do a lot of writing and photostories with other models, but in recent years I just can’t get what’s in my head, out into text, which is why there’s barely any story associated with any of my Max and Juno stuff, even though I have absolutely tons to say. So, it’s like I just throw out the bare minimum of what I want to write, and that absolutely doesn’t feel good enough to me. These characters don’t really have much backstory to them yet, but I’ve got several others I’m planning on making figures of, and they have tooooons of story behind them, so I really hope I can get myself back into a writing mood by the time I’ve made them, because I know I’d have a lot of fun.

And regarding the self-criticism....based on my experiences in more recent incarnations of online fandom culture, I've noticed this is very common when any kind of artist or fic-writers post their works. And I have done it myself, as well. It can be difficult, even scary to share something that is deeply meaningful or important to us with what can often be an unkind world. So, I think sometimes it's partly a defense mechanism... to criticize ourselves, lay what 'flaws' or shortcomings we perceive in our own works bare....before anyone else has a chance to point them out.  (I see it also in the awful 'purity culture' mindset, where fans will say 'this is my 'problematic' fave character and I'm trash for liking them', so to stave off any criticism they might receive for their 'moral impurity' in liking a 'flawed' character.  )
Oh yeah, I’ve seen that a LOT, especially with regards to fanfic – one of my favourite ships is entirely non canon and would be utterly terrible if it were real, but pretty much everyone knows this already, and just has fun imagining all the ‘what ifs’ but there’s always someone ready to throw down because they can’t let other people enjoy things. Rolling Eyes

My only (personal nit) is the music in the stop-motion video seems a little too upbeat for what starts as a dark and somewhat depressing (or should I say “sad”) first half to the story. Beautifully done.

Oh agreed 100%, lol, I use a music making app called Figure to come up with random little tunes sometimes and as my stopmotions are usually really short, its ideal for that because you can’t make anything longer than about a minute, however, I am really not a natural musician, and this was the best of the bunch. Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:
I think the issue with the Connor one is that they’ve somehow made his head match his ‘replacement’ model, the RK900 – the eyes are lighter and the expression is much more severe. It’s obviously the same person but it’s just not ‘my’ Connor, if you know what I mean.

https://detroit-become-human.fandom.com/wiki/RK900

Speaking of, seeing as we've got a few Detroit fans in here, I thought you might appreciate the Connor portrait I've been working on over the last few days. I haven't done a portrait in yeeeeears, so it was good to get back into it.

http://fav.me/ddx8jjm

Oh wow, I hadn’t seen that Bjork video before! It really reminds me of the tech demo that inspired them to make Detroit: Become Human -  I still get shivers towards the end, Valorie Curry is such a fantastic actress.

Ah, yeah... for a character you know very well, even the little things count and can make or break a depiction.  And speaking of, that's a beautiful and tender portrait... your love for the character shows through.  I love you

Re: the Bjork video -- yeah, there was always something memorable and haunting for me about the juxtaposition of the 'machine' and the repetition of 'all is full of love'. Your video brought that same kind of theme and vibe to mind. 

And ooh, so interesting...yes the aesthetic is similar, especially at the beginning. How crazy if there was some kind of cross-fertilization going on there... :'D 

Lynkhart wrote:Oh yeah, I’ve seen that a LOT, especially with regards to fanfic – one of my favourite ships is entirely non canon and would be utterly terrible if it were real, but pretty much everyone knows this already, and just has fun imagining all the ‘what ifs’ but there’s always someone ready to throw down because they can’t let other people enjoy things. Rolling Eyes

Ha, indeed, I know the feel. Good thing we won't let them ruin our fun! Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks on your views regarding self-criticism.

By the way, I have to think of that Sophia Robot. I think that's how your synthetic being might sound like.

MerylAkiba

Amazing Lynkhart! Is this based on that one level in Detroit Become Human during Kara's mission, where you accept to go with that doctor guy and he has a bunch of robots in cages? My favorite is Markus mission where you go into the television station.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, this is so awesome!!!!! The photos are beautiful and atmospheric, and the android is so freakin cool. I love the lighting effect inside, and you've perfectly captured this story. And I agree with Ovy, stop selling yourself short. This is really well done, and it perfectly conveys this moment between these 2 characters. It works, and so damn well. I was so genuinely psyched when I ran across it.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
MerylAkiba wrote:Amazing Lynkhart! Is this based on that one level in Detroit Become Human during Kara's mission, where you accept to go with that doctor guy and he has a bunch of robots in cages? My favorite is Markus mission where you go into the television station.

It’s not, although that scene was a definite source of inspiration! My favourite android design in the entire game is the one that’s been half deconstructed - there’s just something about the way the distinctly artificial jaw melds with the rest of the human face that ticks all my boxes. Being able to see all the internal workings is fascinating too.

https://inseptili.tumblr.com/post/617259031811309568/ive-always-absolutely-loved-this-character-design

https://detroit-become-human.fandom.com/wiki/Zlatko%27s_creatures?file=Zlatko%27s_creatures_1.jpg

In fact, there’s an absolutely spectacular fan comic I read recently that puts Connor in his position and I just wish there’d been an option to have it happen in game, it would have been a really interesting experience!

https://sunsetagain.tumblr.com/post/187620428860/detroit-become-human-canon-compliant-au-fan-comic

No, I was primarily inspired by the scene where Markus wakes up in the junkyard and has to literally pull himself together - it’s such a powerful thing to play though and the sound design is phenomenal.

My god, this is so awesome!!!!! The photos are beautiful and atmospheric, and the android is so freakin cool. I love the lighting effect inside, and you've perfectly captured this story. And I agree with Ovy, stop selling yourself short. This is really well done, and it perfectly conveys this moment between these 2 characters. It works, and so damn well. I was so genuinely psyched when I ran across it.

Awww thanks Rev, that means a lot coming from you! <3

I’ve been working on a few more characters from this universe of mine, one of which is turning out EXACTLY as I always hoped he would do hopefully I’ll be able to introduce them soon!

ZombieKev

Awesome photos, diorama, scenes, & concept! Strong cyberpunk feeling. Would love to see more of the background sets.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh yeah, I meant to post a pic of the dio in its entirety!

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49888509436_de48f50e28_zThe Drifter and the ‘Droid by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The corrugated metal parts are just scrapbook paper from a Tim Holtz set, the metal fencing is a kitchen cooling rack, the rusty wall on the right is just the side of a cardboard box given some silver spray paint and weathering.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 49886887162_c3c323c19d_zWIP Damaged Synth by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 5777603667_f1ddca88c1_zCorridor WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 5777609595_54c8d9f6ee_zCorridor WIP by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The detailed wall in the drifter scene was one I made years ago when I was first getting into 1/6th scale stuff. It’s just a sheet of mountboard with all manner of bits and pieces glued on and painted.

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 5777498587_0a1c3a788e_zWall Panelling finished by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) 5773647843_10687a1e4c_zWall panelling - what everything's made of! by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

I don’t have space for permanent setups so everything needs to be flat and easy to store. I intend to make more sci fi dio stuff soon so stay tuned... Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brilliant, Christine. Nice use of simple items; the paint work sells it all.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Drifter and the Droid (plus bonus stopmotion) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous and intelligent design, as always. Is mount board the same thing we call foam board here? If so, painting it might be a problem as it getting it wet causes it to warp. But your wall came out great. The rusty, worn cardboard walls look so realistic. And I completely agree with the desirability of keeping diorama elements modular, reducing them to basically flat stackable pieces that you can store and (re)arrange as needed.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Woooow. It was difficult to see all those incredible details and paintwork in the original, much darker photos. Is it just paintbrush or is there airbrush work there as well? The detailed wall panel just looks so awesome. The data screens and buttons - are those printouts or something else?

ZombieKev

Whoa, total transformation on those walls! I love it when people use everyday objects to create hyper detailed 1/6 items. So creative!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum