OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Skippy

xitrum wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:
Actually, it does show at 0$ if you chose to pay for the 20% instead of full price, since the shipping cost comes when the figure is released. It would be better for you to send a message to them so you won't have an unpleasent surprise later.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I sent them a message and, sure enough, they said shipping is not free and refunded.

So, there's no way to estimate what the shipping cost would be before the item is released?  That's odd!

Anyone with experience dealing with KGHobby know how much shipping typically cost?

Thanks a bunch!

There is a way to check, but you can only do it if you select Full Payment.

After that choose 'View or edit your cart' and you'll see the option to check the shipping estimate.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
xitrum, if you haven't done so, email Kit via his store if you're interested in the LIM version. He's top-notch, and his prices always include worldwide shipping. I used him for this version, and for the mid-beard LIM version (alternate head sculpt) (search for it on his site under head sculpts if you're interested in that, as well.)

xitrum

Stryker2011 wrote:xitrum, if you haven't done so, email Kit via his store if you're interested in the LIM version. He's top-notch, and his prices always include worldwide shipping. I used him for this version, and for the mid-beard LIM version (alternate head sculpt) (search for it on his site under head sculpts if you're interested in that, as well.)

Thanks for the tip.

shazzdan

Just noticed that he is using modern red plastic shotgun cartridges. Mid 19th century shotgun cartridges were made of brass. Late 19th century shotgun cartridges were made from brown paper and remained like this until plastic-walled cartridges were introduced in the 1960s. Red Dead Redemption was apparently set in 1911.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Skippy

shazzdan wrote:Just noticed that he is using modern red plastic shotgun cartridges. Mid 19th century shotgun cartridges were made of brass. Late 19th century shotgun cartridges were made from brown paper and remained like this until plastic-walled cartridges were introduced in the 1960s. Red Dead Redemption was apparently set in 1911.

I think in the game they're brass, apart from some special anniversary edition when they were red. I've never played it, but tried to watch a cinematic play through - but it was just too boring. (Nowhere near as good as the cinematic play throughs of The Last of Us).

VTS have likely used the shotgun cartridges they already made for other VTS and DAM figures.

They could be repainted orange to make them more appropriate.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/ammunition/shotgun-cartridge-history-108308

By 1895 waterproofing paper hulls were quite effective when Eley produced the Pegamoid case. This featured five layers of paper, bonded with water-resistant adhesive.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 Cartidges_5

Eley Grand Prix Cartridges...Grand Prix, launched in 1903, was the fore-runner of the modern shotgun cartridge. The original Grand Prix had a plain orange case...

The cases started off orange but during the 1930s they changed to red, green and yellow. Likely a temporary measure when orange was not available.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. It’s been a while, but I finally received the invoice and shipping notice from Kit on this a couple days ago. I’ve seen pics from our Asian cousins, and this looks pretty good. The amount of accessories for this figure is awesome. I also have the LIM Toys version on PO, so I should be able to make a couple nice extra Western figures out of them. I’ve never played this game, so I have no real attachment to them as a representation of the game character.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking forward to finally seeing both versions!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. It’s been a while, but I finally received the invoice and shipping notice from Kit on this a couple days ago. I’ve seen pics from our Asian cousins, and this looks pretty good. The amount of accessories for this figure is awesome. I also have the LIM Toys version on PO, so I should be able to make a couple nice extra Western figures out of them. I’ve never played this game, so I have no real attachment to them as a representation of the game character.

Did you receive your figure yet?

Post from Hong Kong is complete pot luck at the moment. Recent experience to the UK has been either 5 days or 67 days. lol

Don't know if you're following the counterpart thread on Sideshow Freaks Collectors, but I got mine yesterday from a UK retailer. He actually received them three weeks ago, but only just managed to get round to boxing up and sending his VTS orders. It was a frustrating wait knowing he had them!

Like you, I've never played the games, but nevertheless ordered one of these and two of LimToys', plus their mid-beard sculpt. I blame LimToys for getting me interested in this one as well. The idea was just to add to my western collection of the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, Manco, Josey Wales, Django, Jonah Hex, Major Warren and 'The Hangman'.

Copying and pasting what I wrote there:

There's nothing quite like opening a fully loaded VTS/DAM figure, and being faced with several trays packed full of goodies.  Very Happy

Well, possibly nothing like it until the LIMTOYS figures arrive.  Laughing

The sculpts have a kind of 'videogame' quality to them, as opposed to the high end lifelike finish we've become accustomed to. With their hats on they're still serviceable.

Weapons and accessories are very well done and highly detailed. The brass paint on the Winchester 'Yellow Boy', for instance, is very convincing. And these are by far the nicest Colt Single Action Army revolvers I've ever had.

I don't mind the sculpted accessories such as the boots, holsters and scabbard since there's less pleather to worry about, and those items are well sculpted and painted. The only thing that would concern me is the possibility of the plastic holsters reacting with the guns over time, but then those guns are too good to hide in holsters.

Even the coonskin hat isn't as awful as it first appeared.  Laughing

Clothing feels good quality as usual.

As an entrée to LIMTOYS' main course, this isn't bad at all. Can't say I've ever been disappointed with a VTS/DAM release. Even when their Furiosa turned out to be quite a bit shorter than expected, she was still a good figure.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50958889993_2a82df2cec_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50959591601_7fe20d2fb1_o

The bandit (JohnMarston) is the stock VTS figure, but with a Sideshow Raiders Indiana Jones gun belt to hold the VTS holster and scabbard.

The tracker/bounty hunter is on a TTM19 style body, and is made from parts from the VTS set apart from Hot Toys Wolverine trousers andDragon in Dreams German riding boots. He's also wearing a Redman Martin Riggs shirt which does little more than bulk him up as you can't see it.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50959853611_983565da76_c

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hi Asta, nice to see you back.

To answer your questions: No, I haven’t received mine yet. Thanks to the wonderful government employees of the USPS (in other words — incompetent morons), it went from Chicago Customs (a 6 hour drive from me) to San Antonio TX — and with the massive Winter storm that’s been going through that part of the country, who knows when it’ll get here. I have the LIM Toys version, and the Mid-beard sculpt, also on PO. I have been following the thread over at the Freaks — and yes, this set does look really good. I think my one major nit is the longer-haired piece (which looks like a hair helmet (might not ever use that). I’d like to be able to make a couple characters out of the extra sculpts (perhaps brothers...?) just for some sort of “villains”. I’m also pleasantly surprised that the coonskin hat doesn’t look as bad as it did in the promo pics.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I’m looking forward to getting mine (hopefully it’s not lying in a ditch somewhere from a rollover), and the three different (but hopefully same color) horses I POd, so I can get some Western tack, and finally be able to do some photo shoots in the Western theme.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Hi Asta, nice to see you back.

To answer your questions: No, I haven’t received mine yet. Thanks to the wonderful government employees of the USPS (in other words — incompetent morons), it went from Chicago Customs (a 6 hour drive from me) to San Antonio TX — and with the massive Winter storm that’s been going through that part of the country, who knows when it’ll get here.

The international postal system has been pretty stressful, which is why I started ordering more from the UK - and even then that took three weeks longer due to the pandemic since the seller is home schooling his children and can't work as fast or get to the post office as often. Apart from that Royal Mail and Parcelforce seem to coping better than the USPS.

Hope you get yours soon. Recently I gave up hope of receiving a HT Rogue One Death Trooper from Hong Kong. Tracking hadn't changed since the end of December. In the meantime two other parcels only took 5 days each to arrive, which really made me concerned about the other. A couple of days after alerting OneSixthKit of a likely issue the tracking changed, and the following day it arrived, having been travelling for 67 days.

Kit explained it's just down to luck. Either the parcel gets a direct flight and arrives in the usual pre-pandemic timeframe, or it has to change flights midway. He said he has a load of parcels sitting in Dubai for two months awaiting a flight.

Stryker2011 wrote:I think my one major nit is the longer-haired piece (which looks like a hair helmet (might not ever use that). I’d like to be able to make a couple characters out of the extra sculpts (perhaps brothers...?) just for some sort of “villains”. I’m also pleasantly surprised that the coonskin hat doesn’t look as bad as it did in the promo pics.

The sculpts are the weakest parts. They're not terrible, but they're not up to the usual standard. I didn't like the long hair either as it reminds me of a scruffy Norman Reedus in The Walking Dead! This was the sculpt I always intended to build as the 'bandit', so the mask covers up a lot.

I think both sculpts are identical, apart from the longer hair and scars on John.

The one accessory I didn't use/put on display is the shotgun cartridge belt. It's made of vinyl and didn't look too good. Plus the shells were too vibrant red. At least LimToys have opted for brass shells as in the games.

The thing VTS often do well is weapons, and those little Colt SAAs blew me away (!)

Photos in a BBICN forum review showed that they actually have a working cylinder pin to remove the cylinder:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 173253ncn81n97kcx0xpnj

The Spencer Carbine seems to be a rarity in 1/6, and its an interesting looking gun that'll likely be sought after by Civil War collectors.

Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I’m looking forward to getting mine (hopefully it’s not lying in a ditch somewhere from a rollover), and the three different (but hopefully same color) horses I POd, so I can get some Western tack, and finally be able to do some photo shoots in the Western theme.

That's going to be an amazing set up.

With all the little accessories included this set is really begging to be in a diorama display.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice to see what you've done with it, Asta! and glad it turned out so well! Smile

Stryker --hope yours arrives soon. What three horses did you pre-order?

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Nice to see what you've done with it, Asta! and glad it turned out so well! Smile

Thanks. Smile

It was a lot of fun unboxing and going through all the parts, as it always is with these packed VTS releases.

The pleather wrapped journal, just visible in the last photo on the VTS 'Red Death' base, is full of pages with writing and sketches. I didn't check with a magnifying glass whether the writing is legible, but I think the pages might've been scanned from the journal in the game itself.

According to R_R_X on Sideshow Freaks, who has connections to LimToys, CC Toys and Master Team, the latter's The Last of Us Ellie is going to have a journal that's completely readable.

Trouble is these sets have so many accessories that the figure could interact with, yet for me the guns are the most interesting accessory so that's all they usually get to interact with.

With two LimToys Arthur Morgans I'm planning one in their blue winter coat, and the other in shirt sleeves who might get to make use of VTS' fishing rod.

Skippy

Dean Knight posted a long review of the set today:

You also get to read the tiny script on the various items without resorting to a magnifying glass. lol

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:The thing VTS often do well is weapons, and those little Colt SAAs blew me away (!)

Photos in a BBICN forum review showed that they actually have a working cylinder pin to remove the cylinder:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 173253ncn81n97kcx0xpnj

The Spencer Carbine seems to be a rarity in 1/6, and its an interesting looking gun that'll likely be sought after by Civil War collectors.

Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I’m looking forward to getting mine (hopefully it’s not lying in a ditch somewhere from a rollover), and the three different (but hopefully same color) horses I POd, so I can get some Western tack, and finally be able to do some photo shoots in the Western theme.

That's going to be an amazing set up.

With all the little accessories included this set is really begging to be in a diorama display.

I wish I had the room for more dioramas -- sadly, I really don't; I'm trying to come up with possible breakdown systems (like ReverendSpooky & Lynkhart do) so that I can at least do some photoshoots. If I had the skill, I would just use Photoshop to put the figures into backgrounds, etc., and do it that way -- but sadly, I have neither the time, or ambition, to spend the next 10 years (assuming my health even holds out that long) to figure out how to just do the basics.

I'm impressed by the Colt details -- but then, it's DAM, so not surprising.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Stryker --hope yours arrives soon. What three horses did you pre-order?

The Mr.Z Akhal-Teke & Thoroughbred (same color, of course) & this brown version by IQO Model:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3618-new-product-iqo-model-1-6-wwii-series-1944-luonan-road-no-91007?highlight=IQO+Model

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:
I wish I had the room for more dioramas -- sadly, I really don't; I'm trying to come up with possible breakdown systems (like ReverendSpooky & Lynkhart do) so that I can at least do some photoshoots. If I had the skill, I would just use Photoshop to put the figures into backgrounds, etc., and do it that way -- but sadly, I have neither the time, or ambition, to spend the next 10 years (assuming my health even holds out that long) to figure out how to just do the basics.
I don't have room for diorama's and don't use photoshop, but I think I'm doing fine with my photography. Yes, it's not always realistic, but I still get some great pictures.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I wish I had the room for more dioramas -- sadly, I really don't; I'm trying to come up with possible breakdown systems (like ReverendSpooky & Lynkhart do) so that I can at least do some photoshoots. If I had the skill, I would just use Photoshop to put the figures into backgrounds, etc., and do it that way -- but sadly, I have neither the time, or ambition, to spend the next 10 years (assuming my health even holds out that long) to figure out how to just do the basics.

I'm impressed by the Colt details -- but then, it's DAM, so not surprising.

I seem to lack the ambition as well these days to build anything, or put the amount of effort in that I used to when I was into war gaming miniatures. It was fun building Asterix's village, and setting it between the beach and the forest as it was in the books. It's still built in a cabin in the garden, along with some other dioramas, including a Wolfenstein-like village, cemetery and mad scientist's lair.

I lost the interest I had in miniatures when 1/6 took over, but I couldn't bear to break up the dioramas or get rid of the figures.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Asta wrote:It was fun building Asterix's village, and setting it between the beach and the forest as it was in the books. It's still built in a cabin in the garden

That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

Skippy

TravelGuide wrote:
Asta wrote:That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

No, I don't think I have.

It would probably need cobwebs vacuuming off it before I did. lol

The miniatures were 25mm scale by Metal Magic I think.

I was inspired at the time because there was a company called Pixi that was making the whole village and lots of the characters. I only bought Cacofonix's treehouse, a few Celtic war games buildings and then made the rest using card to create the framework, plastic railway modelling rock paving sheets for walls, bamboo for the wooden roofs and something or other for the thatch .

This was the complete Pixi village:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 Villagepixi

I laid mine out in a similar fashion. I had a Revell Viking ship run aground on the beach for the pirates; the Britons playing rugby on the field before the woods; and Romans in the woods with assorted forest animals.

I never got round to painting the ship or most of the figures though.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Stryker --hope yours arrives soon. What three horses did you pre-order?

The Mr.Z Akhal-Teke & Thoroughbred (same color, of course) & this brown version by IQO Model:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3618-new-product-iqo-model-1-6-wwii-series-1944-luonan-road-no-91007?highlight=IQO+Model

Ah ok! I was wondering if that was the third horse in question. I hope the colours line up ok, though no doubt you can make it work regardless. ^.^

Skippy

TravelGuide wrote:That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

Quite a bit off topic, but I put a quick charge on the camera and went out to the cabin to get some photos of the Asterix diorama.

It's been neglected for a long time, and hardly any of the figures got painted, because by then I'd moved onto 1930s Pulp era dioramas.

The camera doesn't hold a charge for long so I didn't have time to stand everybody up or straighten the fence and gates. Nor clear all the cobwebs. Laughing

I made the houses for (going clockwise from left of the gate) Fulliautomatix, Asterix, Obelix, Unhygienix and Vitalstatistix. Cacofonix's was by Pixi. When I received it I put the one I'd made into the forest, for times when he's banished from the village. The other buildings are from a Celtic war gaming series.

I remember now that I didn't use any thatching material in this diorama, only bamboo for logs. Other materials were matchsticks and embossed stone plastic card.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50969949502_08512897c9_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50969949487_cd27c008a9_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50969842221_724a7dedf8_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50969142063_44b7113be0_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 50969949527_315324deda_o

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Asta wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

Quite a bit off topic, but I put a quick charge on the camera and went out to the cabin to get some photos of the Asterix diorama.
Thanks. It looks nice.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very sweet little Gallic village!

Skippy

Thanks. It was fun to do and I wish I'd been able to go back and finish it. But I lost enthusiasm for the smaller scales when 1/6 became my only real focus for collecting.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Meant to ask — I presume the body that this figure is on is a sort of standard average height/build 1/6 male body? Just checking in case I pick up some of the clothing parts so I know what kind of body they fit.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Thank you.

I saw I had a notification earlier saying "skywalkersaga likes your post in..." I didn't know this was a feature of the site as I never noticed a button for it on any post.

I'll put this is spoilers so as not to interrupt the proper topic:

Spoiler:

skywalkersaga wrote:Meant to ask — I presume the body that this figure is on is a sort of standard average height/build 1/6 male body? Just checking in case I pick up some of the clothing parts so I know what kind of body they fit.

Yes, it's a pretty standard muscle body of the TTM19 style, but with double jointed elbows.

This is the body shown in an Ebay auction:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 S-l1600

This is the sort of body I used for the second figure:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 3 S-l1600

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Asta wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Thank you.

I saw I had a notification earlier saying "skywalkersaga likes your post in..." I didn't know this was a feature of the site as I never noticed a button for it on any post.

I'll put this is spoilers so as not to interrupt the proper topic:

Spoiler:

You could make a topic in non-sixth-scale actionfigures.

How did you (and Stryker) thank posts? I don't see a button for it. On another forummotion-forum I am active there is a button for it, so I have been looking for it, but couldn't find any.

Skippy

TravelGuide wrote:How did you (and Stryker) thank posts? I don't see a button for it. On another forummotion-forum I am active there is a button for it, so I have been looking for it, but couldn't find any.

It's a mystery. Maybe it's only activated on higher use accounts.

I'm not usually very active here as it gets time consuming keeping up with more than one forum. I spend more time on SSF, but look in here and sometimes a topic or discussion will draw me back in.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you, Asta, for the info on the type of body used, that's super helpful!

And oh...the 'liking' post option seems to be available only when viewing the forum on mobile phone. I don't see it right now either as I'm browsing via my laptop, but it was there earlier this morning when I checked on my phone. Very random, I know.... ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum