OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Skippy

TravelGuide wrote:That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

Quite a bit off topic, but I put a quick charge on the camera and went out to the cabin to get some photos of the Asterix diorama.

It's been neglected for a long time, and hardly any of the figures got painted, because by then I'd moved onto 1930s Pulp era dioramas.

The camera doesn't hold a charge for long so I didn't have time to stand everybody up or straighten the fence and gates. Nor clear all the cobwebs. Laughing

I made the houses for (going clockwise from left of the gate) Fulliautomatix, Asterix, Obelix, Unhygienix and Vitalstatistix. Cacofonix's was by Pixi. When I received it I put the one I'd made into the forest, for times when he's banished from the village. The other buildings are from a Celtic war gaming series.

I remember now that I didn't use any thatching material in this diorama, only bamboo for logs. Other materials were matchsticks and embossed stone plastic card.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 50969949502_08512897c9_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 50969949487_cd27c008a9_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 50969842221_724a7dedf8_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 50969142063_44b7113be0_o

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 50969949527_315324deda_o

TravelGuide

Asta wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:That sounds cool, have you got any pictures of it?

Quite a bit off topic, but I put a quick charge on the camera and went out to the cabin to get some photos of the Asterix diorama.
Thanks. It looks nice.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very sweet little Gallic village!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Skippy

Thanks. It was fun to do and I wish I'd been able to go back and finish it. But I lost enthusiasm for the smaller scales when 1/6 became my only real focus for collecting.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Meant to ask — I presume the body that this figure is on is a sort of standard average height/build 1/6 male body? Just checking in case I pick up some of the clothing parts so I know what kind of body they fit.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Thank you.

I saw I had a notification earlier saying "skywalkersaga likes your post in..." I didn't know this was a feature of the site as I never noticed a button for it on any post.

I'll put this is spoilers so as not to interrupt the proper topic:

Spoiler:

skywalkersaga wrote:Meant to ask — I presume the body that this figure is on is a sort of standard average height/build 1/6 male body? Just checking in case I pick up some of the clothing parts so I know what kind of body they fit.

Yes, it's a pretty standard muscle body of the TTM19 style, but with double jointed elbows.

This is the body shown in an Ebay auction:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 S-l1600

This is the sort of body I used for the second figure:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 S-l1600

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Asta wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, that is indeed a cute little diorama! Though I know the feeling — I just realised that I haven’t purchased any 3.75” action figures in ages, even though that used to be my main collecting focus. Did not intend for 1/6 to take over so thoroughly, but it did...

Thank you.

I saw I had a notification earlier saying "skywalkersaga likes your post in..." I didn't know this was a feature of the site as I never noticed a button for it on any post.

I'll put this is spoilers so as not to interrupt the proper topic:

Spoiler:

You could make a topic in non-sixth-scale actionfigures.

How did you (and Stryker) thank posts? I don't see a button for it. On another forummotion-forum I am active there is a button for it, so I have been looking for it, but couldn't find any.

Skippy

TravelGuide wrote:How did you (and Stryker) thank posts? I don't see a button for it. On another forummotion-forum I am active there is a button for it, so I have been looking for it, but couldn't find any.

It's a mystery. Maybe it's only activated on higher use accounts.

I'm not usually very active here as it gets time consuming keeping up with more than one forum. I spend more time on SSF, but look in here and sometimes a topic or discussion will draw me back in.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you, Asta, for the info on the type of body used, that's super helpful!

And oh...the 'liking' post option seems to be available only when viewing the forum on mobile phone. I don't see it right now either as I'm browsing via my laptop, but it was there earlier this morning when I checked on my phone. Very random, I know.... ;p

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you, Asta, for the info on the type of body used, that's super helpful!

And oh...the 'liking' post option seems to be available only when viewing the forum on mobile phone. I don't see it right now either as I'm browsing via my laptop, but it was there earlier this morning when I checked on my phone. Very random, I know.... ;p

I see it too now on the tablet.

Thank you anyway. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine finally arrived yesterday. Thanks to USPS (or maybe I should say No thanks), it bounced around the country much longer than necessary. The outer shipping box looked like it went thru a war, but thanks to the way Kit packages stuff, the product box, while slightly crushed, none of the contents were damaged.

Now to wait for the LIM Toys version, start looking for more loose parts, the horses, get some tack, and hopefully in the next four years be able to start taking pics (I’m guessing it’ll be that long before everything arrives, and I have the ability to put it all together to do anything).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Mine finally arrived yesterday. Thanks to USPS (or maybe I should say No thanks), it bounced around the country much longer than necessary. The outer shipping box looked like it went thru a war, but thanks to the way Kit packages stuff, the product box, while slightly crushed, none of the contents were damaged.

That's really good news.

Kit certainly does wrap the boxes well. My 67-day Death Trooper box arrived in perfect condition from him, but it was likely static for a long time rather than travelling back and forth like your Arthur.

Stryker2011 wrote:Now to wait for the LIM Toys version, start looking for more loose parts, the horses, get some tack, and hopefully in the next four years be able to start taking pics (I’m guessing it’ll be that long before everything arrives, and I have the ability to put it all together to do anything).

I found the VTS to be a really fun figure, since there were so many parts and options.

The LimToys could finally be releasing next month. Then it's back to the shipping lottery again...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really excited to see what you do with these figures and accessories, Stryker. Sorry about the long shipping wait, but glad it all arrived in the end.

Hopefully it won't be four whole years til we get to see some of your Western stuff! ;p

csyeung

csyeung
Looking forward to seeing you western build Stryker, I wish there were some more decent western offerings. I had hoped someone would have taken on the Westworld series.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve had the figure for awhile now, and I have to say — I absolutely HATE the underlying body — total crap. Oh, it stands up fine on its own, and all, but it’s mobility is highly restrictive (and not from the clothes). The legs can barely be lifted (so no sitting position), and he wouldn’t be able to sit a horse properly; there’s virtually no bend, or twist, in the torso. The arms bend fine, and it comes with some nice gloved hands, and the one pair of bare hands are nicely sculpted (something brought up in other threads are usually lacking), but sadly — there’s only one pair. I will probably be swapping the body out for a World Box (either a 012 or 025), cause this thing mostly sucks.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve had the figure for awhile now, and I have to say — I absolutely HATE the underlying body — total crap. Oh, it stands up fine on its own, and all, but it’s mobility is highly restrictive (and not from the clothes). The legs can barely be lifted (so no sitting position), and he wouldn’t be able to sit a horse properly; there’s virtually no bend, or twist, in the torso. The arms bend fine, and it comes with some nice gloved hands, and the one pair of bare hands are nicely sculpted (something brought up in other threads are usually lacking), but sadly — there’s only one pair. I will probably be swapping the body out for a World Box (either a 012 or 025), cause this thing mostly sucks.

Well, that's a regrettable fact, but a thing much useful to know. Thanks Stryker. In a very practical way, it may be relatively less important for this one particular figure because, given the rich abundance of clothes options, spare head options, and other accoutrements, most people would be probably getting 2 or more figures out of the one. So then the best one would be the one you make with the new body, and the lesser brother can be the one that stays on the native VTS body. Hopefully the LIM isn't headed in the same direction.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, Mark. Sorry you are having a frustrating experience with the body. I bought some of the parted-out pieces, but not the body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thought I'd share some really nice pics of this figure (notice there are no sitting images) from user Pizza over at the Freaks:

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd11010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd21010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd31010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd41010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd51010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd61010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd71010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd81010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd91010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd101010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd111010
VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Rd121010

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Wonderful! This is like getting a 1966 Marx Johnny West with his huge stash of accessories, except everything is 2021 quality. And combining one of these with the LIM Gunslinger, also super-accessorized, will be like the greatest Western treasure trove ever.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Wonderful!  This is like getting a 1966 Marx Johnny West with his huge stash of accessories, except everything is 2021 quality.   And combining one of these with the LIM Gunslinger, also super-accessorized, will be like the greatest Western treasure trove ever.

That's what I'm hoping!  VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 1f600

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are awesome pics! I love everything about the clothing and gear. Not totally blown away by the sculpt, though I do think the one with the shorter hair looks the best out of the two.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i was briefly on the fence about getting the figure while i was binge playing the game, but i got to say hearing about its deficiencies i'm glad i passed. these days my funds are stretched thin between so many things i enjoy, a spur of the moment rdr2 figure would have sat on the shelf all by his lonesome.

plus, at least in my opinion, the arthur morgan head looks way of, john is okay but you add the problems with the body to this, i just won't spend some 250€ on this figure.

i'm happy for everyone enjoying the figure or even the equipment it comes with for kitbashing, but a game like red dead redemption, for me, lives by so much more than a single figure or even background environment. something about the atmosphere and immersion that just hit the right spot, and i'm saying this as someone who's usually absolutely not into the western theme.

but accompanying arthur throughout the game until his last ride was really a unique journey for me, something i couldn't possibly recreate in a diorama or depict properly. might be a far off example but i'd compare it to just having a frodo figure and calling it quits Wink

that being said, the pictures look awesome nonetheless.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Tjolnir wrote:

accompanying arthur throughout the game until his last ride was really a unique journey for me, something i couldn't possibly recreate in a diorama or depict properly.

Yeah, agree, I was surprisingly quite moved by his story. I love you  And the scenery of RDR2 is certainly not something you could readily replicate in a diorama without a lot of space. Though of course, those who are using this figure for kitbashing their own western figures aren't going to be bothered by how accurate it is to the character. ;p

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
the thing why fallout, despite its equally large world, works for me is environmental storytelling contrary to character driven story telling. coming across a ruin with a couple skeletons will give you a very fallout-ish vibe, whereas in rdr2 it's certain characters that you either empathize with or can't wait to strangle them( micah for example ). and the voice actors are doing such an incredible job pulling you into the very scene, even blindfolded you'd get a very clear idea about whats going on, on a larger scale. you know they're good at what they do when you really loathe certain characters.

so this, for me at least, is why fallout works in a microcosm whereas arthur sitting by a fire would be boring to look at. one is about the moment and the very essence of a dystopian future whereas the other is about the whole journey of someone whos world develops away from him with every day and depicts him as the last of a dying era.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

I think it was a nice attempt, but the coon hat was pretty silly in game as well haha. I think it being sculpted doesn't help. I could only splurge on one version and I went all in on the Lim one. I'm hoping it's good.

VTSToys - NEW PRODUCT: VTS TOYS VM-026 Wilderness Rider 1/6 Figure - Page 4 Red-dead-redemption-2-classic-raccoon-hat

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:No sitting pics? So is articulation a problem for this figure? Visually, the weak link is the coon-skin hat. Then again I'm not overly familiar with the source material. The photos are very nice.

I would probably be more concerned with whether he can ride a horse, rather than sit, but I suppose the same articulation problem would hamper both. And yeah, the coon-skin hat stands out (though I love it in an ironic way) but there is probably no way to carry that look off, either on the figure or IRL. It might be improvable by gluing some fake fur bits to it, from a plush lion or such.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:This is like getting a 1966 Marx Johnny West with his huge stash of accessories, except everything is 2021 quality.

Heh, that was my exact first thought on seeing the above pics (Nostalgia Corner: I had the early 70s Lone Ranger, Tonto and General Custer if I remember correctly - Custer even survived into my early teens, but very much the worse for it and missing all his accessories. Mother wouldn't ever buy me a Jane West, though. And that's why Mother now lives under the root cellar floor.).

Western sets aren't really my thing these days but this looks very tempting, not only the sheer amount of extras, the attention to detail is also something else.

That Raccoonskin cap is never going to look less than ridiculous though. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum