OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Diana

Xavion2004 wrote:I know I’m a few months late to the party, but I just got this figure a few days ago.  I absolutely love this head sculpt with the hair straightened.  It’s probably my favorite of everything I’ve seen so far.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 4-F9-F7-DFF-0-D7-B-4561-B374-99-E221-C04166

OK, the spendage of 185 European bucks is officially your fault. I've been strong, but your photo made me cave. It's on YOU! (This has nothing to do with my lack of will power at all.)

FreakinLobster wrote:Xena Warrior Princess vibes!
YOU! Your fault, too, for writing what I was thinking!

TravelGuide wrote:Still available at Machinegun too
And YOU! For making me curious about this shop, thereby starting my journey down the rabbit hole, even if I ended up buying from Ebay to save shipping costs and prolong the anticipation.

And EVERYONE ELSE who said anything nice about this figure and especially about Xavion's photo! Your fault!

Ok, joking aside, I got a raise this month so I'm celebrating that with this figure that I've wanted from the first day I saw it. Don't want to wait for it to be released (or not) in 1/12.
And I'd probably get her (again) and her sisters in 1/12 anyway.

This hobby be like: NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 Icon_l16  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad bounce  Neutral  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes

TravelGuide

Diana wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:Still available at Machinegun too
And YOU! For making me curious about this shop, thereby starting my journey down the rabbit hole, even if I ended up buying from Ebay to save shipping costs and prolong the anticipation.
Ha! I got my revenge for you making me buy Sariah. Twisted Evil

But seriously: Machinegun is a nice shop. Don't go there though if you want to get your figure first, they're often very late in getting stock (the Imperial Guardian only arrived there a few weeks ago).

suo76

Yes, that is a very convincing photo.... do you get money from Tbleague for the free ad?

FreakinLobster

Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find or make her a chakram.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find out make her a chakram.

Wow, I'm shocked and surprised about that shipping cost. So I guess it's not a case of you regretting it so much for not grabbing it in time, or harder to get the figures out of pre-order season because the prices go way up way too fast. Rather it looks like regular price + harsh regular shipping was always prohibitive. Sorry to hear that. (At least Toy Square's price is $43 cheaper than Machinegun). You might want to send Toy Square an email just in case the "automatic" shipping calculator has gone wonky and an actual shipping cost could be much less -- I've heard of that happening.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I got mine from Monkey Depot.  I’m not sure what their international rates are like, though.  Ekia had all three of them in stock the last time I looked, but again, shipping costs. Even inside of the U.S. they’re running me $20 to $30 USD shipped.  That’s what I pay for DHL on 1/12 figures from Japan.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Thanks a lot for the tips, Moonbase and Travel guide. Unfortunately, the shipping cost got prohibitively high. On Machinegun, it's 60€ and on Toy Square, 190usd... Yup, shipping is more expensive than the figure itself.

Diana, I hope to see your Xena soon. Just gotta find out make her a chakram.

Wow, I'm shocked and surprised about that shipping cost.  So I guess it's not a case of you regretting it so much for not grabbing it in time, or harder to get the figures out of pre-order season because the prices go way up way too fast.  Rather it looks like regular price  + harsh regular shipping was always prohibitive.  Sorry to hear that.  (At least Toy Square's price is $43 cheaper than Machinegun).  You might want to send Toy Square an email just in case the "automatic" shipping calculator has gone wonky and an actual shipping cost could be much less -- I've heard of that happening.

That's a good idea. I just sent them an e-mail requesting an updated shipping cost. Wish me luck.

But for me there is still a rush to get a better deal on Asian stores that offer free shipping. They always declare a lower value (~20USD) on the package to avoid fees. Some European, US and Canadian stores don't do that, only declaring the real value of the purchase, and that makes it very risky for me, because the total cost almost doubles if the customs catch it. Brazil has an extremely high taxation over everything, specially import products. I hope Toy Square can help me on this one.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
FreakinLobster wrote:
That's a good idea. I just sent them an e-mail requesting an updated shipping cost. Wish me luck.

But for me there is still a rush to get a better deal on Asian stores that offer free shipping. They always declare a lower value (~20USD) on the package to avoid fees. Some European, US and Canadian stores don't do that, only declaring the real value of the purchase, and that makes it very risky for me, because the total cost almost doubles if the customs catch it. Brazil has an extremely high taxation over everything, specially import products. I hope Toy Square can help me on this one.

Good luck! I'm pretty optimistic for you on hopefully reduced shipping cost, but the valuation issue may be out of their hands.  I sympathize, Canada is the same way, with a fairly heavy Customs levy and unpredictability when it applies.  When I used to buy more through EBay, it was a constant worry.  Typically the $20 valuation thing is something you can maybe hope for from some guy's E-Bay "store," but not so much from an actual retail operation with a brick and mortar store, a volume of sales, etc.  Like, Walmart wouldn't do it.  Again though, if your purchase works out, it will at least be regular price, and free of aftermarket mark-up.

Selfishly I hope you get that last one, and free me of the temptation that's built up from the pics above.  With the Defender, Knight of Fire, Winged Kier and Ra all coming up, I really can't justify a second color version of the Commander after I got the Gold.  Here's how self-delusional I am:  if it was normal times, I would probably routinely visit the store and then tell myself it was just another "impulse" purchase.  But we are still in Covid Shut-Down, so I would have to commit to the purchase beforehand, and then go pick it up curbside -- and so far I have stopped myself.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s fun to be the enabler for change.  Usually, I’m the one being enabled.  Wink

Diana, I know you were trying to hold out for 1/12 versions, and I was too, but the details that make this sculpt so special would likely be lost in the translation.  (See what a great enabler I am?  I don’t disappear after the purchase is made.  I’m here to help with any post purchase anxiety as well! Laughing )

As far as getting paid by TBLeague goes, I would settle for wholesale pricing and free shipping direct from the factory on future releases.  That seems reasonable, right?  Wink

Here’s another photo I took this afternoon.  Same basic stance, same location, same lighting, but this time, the front of her hair is curled slightly upward on her shoulders and blended in with the rest of her hair. It gives her a softer look, but all I need to do is bring her hair back forward over her shoulders and she’s right back to her bad ass warrior woman look.  I know a lot of it is probably the move up from 1/12 to 1/6 in general, but it amazes me how versatile this sculpt is.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 BE9103-AE-CE9-E-43-EA-8-AE0-47695-AEB35-AD

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Dang, Toy Square doesn't ship outside US and Canada.

Oh, welp... I'm gonna wait for pics of Diana's Xena then. Success on this project.

Diana

Diana
She arrived after two weeks in transit and she is magnificent. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 3a28ab10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 2ca1b710

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
YAY!!! I’m glad you were able to get her! Your pics are great, and she truly is magnificent!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She is lovely. I’ve had mine for awhile — just haven’t had time to put her together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:She arrived after two weeks in transit and she is magnificent. Smile
Yes, she is.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote: She is lovely. I’ve had mine for awhile — just haven’t had time to put her together.
The straps for the shin guards were tedious. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote: She is lovely. I’ve had mine for awhile — just haven’t had time to put her together.

Good to know. Thanks.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:
Diana wrote:

Good to know. Thanks.

Yes, they are VERY tedious. Straps and buckles in general have quickly become the bane of my existence in this hobby. Even with the proper tools, it takes an embarrassing amount of time for me to get them treaded properly.

One tip that did help with Spartan girls is to loosely thread the buckles with the guards off, slide them on, then pull them tight.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Yes, they are VERY tedious.  Straps and buckles in general have quickly become the bane of my existence in this hobby.  Even with the proper tools, it takes an embarrassing amount of time for me to get them treaded properly.

You are not alone. But they do look glorious in the end, don't they?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:Yes, they are VERY tedious.  Straps and buckles in general have quickly become the bane of my existence in this hobby.  Even with the proper tools, it takes an embarrassing amount of time for me to get them treaded properly.

You are not alone. But they do look glorious in the end, don't they?

Such perfect timing for me to receive that message of reassurance and encouragement! I was just, last night, dealing with threading the straps and buckles on the harness of the TBL Death Dealer, 1/12 version. And if you think the straps and buckles in 1/6 are frustrating, try scaling the size down further to 1/12. So, I managed to get the harness buckled up on him, only to realize I had put it on backwards. Saw your post this morning, smiled, felt encouraged, and I geared myself up to take the harness off and to do the whole thing all over again. Looks good now. Thanks for the positive message.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Such perfect timing for me to receive that message of reassurance and encouragement!  I was just, last night, dealing with threading the straps and buckles on the harness of the TBL Death Dealer, 1/12 version.  And if you think the straps and buckles in 1/6 are frustrating, try scaling the size down further to 1/12.  So, I managed to get the harness buckled up on him, only to realize I had put it on backwards.  Saw your post this morning, smiled, felt encouraged, and I geared myself up to take the harness off and to do the whole thing all over again.  Looks good now.  Thanks for the positive message.

I'm delighted it worked out. I can only imagine what a pain that must have been. I have not yet had to deal with straps in that scale, mostly because none of the very few complex sets I have in 1:12 have had them... maybe T-800's belt, but that was probably it.

brassco

brassco
csyeung wrote:I've never purchased from the Phicen site. Where is it shipped out of and how much is shipping usually or is it better just to get from other online retailers? (most are priced at 180 shipped)

I've ordered once directly from them, when i was searching for this:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 20170102140740234023

This item is supposed to be out of stock and out of production. But somehow, by sheer luck, I checked on this website, and noticed a ONE stock availability! I corresponded with the rep, and she told me it is a returned piece due to the damaged box (just a little at the top corner, returned from the shop upon inspection). I replied i am ok with it, and they sold me cheap!! It's like new, other than some very minor issue with the box!

csyeung

csyeung
brassco wrote:
csyeung wrote:I've never purchased from the Phicen site. Where is it shipped out of and how much is shipping usually or is it better just to get from other online retailers? (most are priced at 180 shipped)

I've ordered once directly from them, when i was searching for this:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 20170102140740234023

This item is supposed to be out of stock and out of production. But somehow, by sheer luck, I checked on this website, and noticed a ONE stock availability! I corresponded with the rep, and she told me it is a returned piece due to the damaged box (just a little at the top corner, returned from the shop upon inspection). I replied i am ok with it, and they sold me cheap!! It's like new, other than some very minor issue with the box!

Wha? Nice score! That's an amazing figure. I've looked for that one too before, but was nowhere to be found.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I want a La Muerta and a Robyn Hood so bad.  Not bad enough to pay $700 for one on eBay, but bad.

Diana

Diana
@brassco, congratulations!!! I've looked for that figure myself, too, with no (reasonably priced) luck.

venator5

venator5
I am considering the silver one....

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
To those that have the Silver version... can anyone tell me if its an S23B (light suntan) and not S22A pale? Do all 3 versions have the same body?
I saw a loose one (without hands and feet) and its cheaper than a new boxed S23B.

Annalise

Annalise
All 3 versions use the S23B body in suntan and are great figures!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 15img_14

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Gorgeous twins!
Thanks, Annalise!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
So the seller described the body as "TBL Spartan Silver Edition" and the picture showed a generic (not in-hand) picture of an S23B which I'm 100% familiar with.
What arrived today is definitely not an S23B.
Comparing with my S23 on the right, please help me identify the taller, footless one on the left.
Referencing google pics, it looks like a TBL Viking Woman body... which i really really really really really like!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 5 S23b-o10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum