OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

skywalkersaga

Some here for £60 (GBP):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VCF-2052-VC-VERYCOOL-1-6-Scale-Russian-Female-Soldier-Head-Sculpture-Model/174729036432?hash=item28aea98290:g:nWIAAOSwS2pgc7cF

No doubt they will go quickly, though!

glitch

skywalkersaga wrote:Some here for £60 (GBP):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VCF-2052-VC-VERYCOOL-1-6-Scale-Russian-Female-Soldier-Head-Sculpture-Model/174729036432?hash=item28aea98290:g:nWIAAOSwS2pgc7cF

No doubt they will go quickly, though!

$100 CAD. Ouch  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f601
Gonna have to pass. Maybe I'll eventually get lucky and find one for around $60-70.

glitch

Found a couple new photo's courtesy of the BBICN web site.
I should be getting mine next week!

Original links for the higher quality (and many more) photos:
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372111&extra=page%3D1
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372119&extra=page%3D1
http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=372278&extra=page%3D1

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 08270811
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 08270810
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 08271010
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 08272410
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 08272310
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 12245510
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 12245511
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 12245710
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 12245910

Stryker2011

Founding Father
She looks good, if a bit... teenager-ish... but I suppose that’s not out of bounds since most go into the military as teens.

Illusion

Illusion
I really like the last shot.
Thanks for the in hand series!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the pics, glitch. I like her a lot. I don't mind the youthful appearance at all. The only things I'm still a bit anxious about are a) if she matches the tbleague suntan or not, and b) how large the head is. In these pics, it does seem a bit bigger than I expected, so it may not work for the figure I'd had planned. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

glitch

glitch
skywalkersaga wrote:The only things I'm still a bit anxious about are a) if she matches the tbleague suntan or not, and b) how large the head is. In these pics, it does seem a bit bigger than I expected, so it may not work for the figure I'd had planned. :/
Thats what I'm wondering as well. I'll throw her head onto an S24 body when she shows up for comparison, which should be early next week.
And if her head is too big, well then I guess it's only another month of waiting while Giantoy ships out another body for me.  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f615

csyeung

csyeung
My Miss Spetsnaz came in today and I can answer some of your questions quickly here. Her head is not big at all. I would say it's about medium size, larger than ymtoys, slightly smaller than a ht head and will go with a 24 body no problem. Will have to see if it's small for a 23 or regular older body, but I think it should be fine. As for color, it's very close to suntan in hand.

Here are some picturesNEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0110

Next to Jyn and Leia, she is a bit forward here, but her head is a smidge smaller than the two.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0210

Next to a s24 gactoys head here. Skin tone is actually quite close to body. Head may look a bit darker here because of lighting.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0310

Body straight out of box. They are using a jointed body so lots of articulation, but also may feel flimsier than a phicen body. She can be in sitting pose no problem with this body and outfit.

Below are some close up shots of the head. It's very close to the photos in the previous post. Definitely softer/less detailed than the prototype.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0410
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0510
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0610
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0710NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0810

I did want to add this photo in, albeit a bit blurry but you can see that the neck adapter they used for this doesnt sit properly and there is a gap here. I am not sure if i can push it further down, but I may have to remove the adapter so it sits more flush and there isn't a gap. The neck does look a bit thin as well on the stock body. I may need to use Gubenator's trick for neck surgery.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 0910

I'll update with more stuff as I take a closer look at everything.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks csyeung. Given how much interest there is in this, I'm sure many members are finding this very helpful. S24A-S25B is indeed very close to a number of female hard plastic/open-jointed bodies in size (e.g., Hot Toys'), so this apparent match would make sense.

csyeung

csyeung
So i popped the head off and i don't know why but the adapter they used extends out a bit from the bottom and is jammed very tightly. I don't have the patience at the moment to remove it and see if a different adapter will be better. That is what's causing the head to be higher and make a gap between the neck and the head. I mean I can probably stuff tissue or foam instead of using the adapter and it would look better. It's definitely more suited for a 25, i popped it onto a spare 23 and without clothes, the head looks tiny on it. Also regarding the color, the phicen bodies are a bit more pinker than the headsculpt, the best way to describe is the head has a more greenish /duller hue? Color value wise it's fairly close in my opinion. Just not exact like some other sculpts.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung -- thanks for the images! I managed to get one of the loose headsculpts and it arrived today for me as well! I concur with everything you are saying here -- from a cursory look, the head seemed to fit onto one of my s25bs quite well. Though yes, the neck connected was a bit high and I haven't had a chance to mess around with it yet. I only tried it onto an older tbleague s25b, so wasn't sure about the skintone match yet, but the head did seem just slightly more 'yellow' in tone. That said, it was not too glaring either. I'm overall very happy with it, and can't wait to put it to use!

glitch

glitch
So it does work with an S25, thats good to know! I should be able to make my Tomb Raider project the way I originally planned.  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f60e
The neck thing should be easy enough to sort out. I'll either use a different adapter or try shaving off the top of it a bit with a knife. Had to to do a similar thing with a previous adapter as well.
On the downside though, it looks like I'll be buying another body after all, since I only have an S24 lying around. lol
Thanks for the update, csyeung.

csyeung

csyeung
glitch wrote:So it does work with an S25, thats good to know! I should be able to make my Tomb Raider project the way I originally planned.  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f60e
The neck thing should be easy enough to sort out. I'll either use a different adapter or try shaving off the top of it a bit with a knife. Had to to do a similar thing with a previous adapter as well.
On the downside though, it looks like I'll be buying another body after all, since I only have an S24 lying around. lol
Thanks for the update, csyeung.

No problems, looking forward to seeing your Tomb raider. I'd like to make one myself one day and I think this head would certainly fit for her.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks CS Smile

Yes you can see there's a very slight yellowish-green tint in the photos. The jammed-in neck adapter seems to be a common thing with Verycool, or it's the same with all of mine, at least (the difference being that they're usually not too long to begin with so it isn't a problem). It might be easier to leave it in but (carefully!) trim it down.

I'm still on the fence with this sculpt. It's nice... but in hand it somehow seems like a step down in realism from Verycool, and for what it is it's way too expensive (but I've an uneasy feeling we'll all be saying that a lot about even the most mundane head sculpts in the future).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:Thanks CS Smile

I'm still on the fence with this sculpt. It's nice... but in hand it somehow seems like a step down in realism from Verycool, and for what it is it's way too expensive (but I've an uneasy feeling we'll all be saying that a lot about even the most mundane head sculpts in the future).

It doesn't have as much realism as the Villa head, but imo not many VeryCool heads do. VC has always had a mix of both realistic heads and somewhat more stylised heads, from what I recall? That said, I don't think any images have done this one justice. It looks better in person than in any of the pics I've seen of it so far.

(Of course, that doesn't change the expense issue... ;p )

I'll try to get some pics of my own at some point, but I'm having some technical problems with both my computer and camera atm, so...ahh.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:
It's nice... but in hand it somehow seems like a step down in realism from Verycool...

It doesn't have as much realism as the Villa head, but imo not many VeryCool heads do. VC has always had a mix of both realistic heads and somewhat more stylised heads, from what I recall?
That's probably true, I think I've maybe just concentrated on the more realistic ones (Villa and the blonde and brunette Jenners, off the top of my head).

skywalkersaga wrote:That said, I don't think any images have done this one justice. It looks better in person than in any of the pics I've seen of it so far.
Don't, I'm too poor to be interested in this! Smile

csyeung

csyeung
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210411
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210410

thanks for the info about the neck GW. Luckily this set comes with a scarf and it can cover up that gap easily. I put on the shooting glasses as well here. Still have yet to put all the pouches on and stuff. Takes a lot of patience and theres no instructions for it in the box. The weapons are pretty well done, they are by DAM Toys . I've bought a VC body before, but it was a seamless one. This one being a non seamless body has a ton of articulation despite not having the weightiness of a phicen so any pose is pretty much possible with the body they used and she can stand quite well. I think the fact that the clothes she wears is also not super tight allows for all the articulation. The shoes if you're interested are for footed feet so you can use a seemless ankle phicen for the shoes. You'd have to take the pegged foot out first if they haven't done so already in a parted out piece.

Here's a better free standing pose showing articulation.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210412

glitch

glitch
I got mine as well today, and unfortunately her head ended up looking a little bit too big for the S24/25 bodies.
So I decided to use the S17B body that my MT004 Jill was using (wanted to get a different one for her anyway) and it seems to really suit that body.
It actually ended up working and looking better altogether! My custom Lara will actually have a bit of muscle tone now.
I'll try to post up some pics a bit later, have to clean an inch of dust and dirt off from that body first.
Also had to do exactly what GeeWillikers spoke of - trimming down the neck adapter.
I tried ripping it out with pliers, but I'm pretty sure VC glued that sucker in there with super glue. Even tried separating the sides with a mini screwdriver. Why they would glue it, I have no idea. Very annoying! NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f615

On another note, if anyone's interested, I am now selling this full kit minus the head sculpt for $200 CAD shipped.
I have no idea what to do with the extra stuff, since I don't really collect military figures...

glitch

glitch
The amount of frustration this project gave me.... NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 1f620
She's not quite finished yet, still need to repaint the boots, get her some socks and tidy up a few things. Plus some repainting on the belt and gloves as well.
I've sort of went with a Legend version but am thinking of changing it to the Anniversary one instead.
Overall this head sculpt seems to work pretty good for a custom Lara figure.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210410
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210411
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 20210412

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. I’ve been having a hell of a time finding an appropriate gun belt rig and crop-top to make mine. Nice to see it works on one of the taller bodies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She's looking good, glitch. Perhaps the head could do with being lifted a little bit (by stuffing the inner connector)? Though from handling this one now, I also know it's a bit of a frustrating issue with the head itself -- the front part of the face seems to sit too down on the body, while the back of the head, if too high, shows an unsightly gap. I guess they designed it knowing the figure would be wearing a scarf, but still... a bit frustrating.

I'm still going to attempt to make it work with the s25b, though I do agree it seems a little large from certain angles. I think it's actually to do with the fact that the top of the head seems a little oddly shaped... I can't figure out if that is just the underlying shape of the head, or if it's because of the hairstyle causing it to look more voluminous than it actually is. Either way, I'm now thinking I might re-hair this one after all (which is a shame, since the ready-made hairstyle was one of the draws).

Alternatively, I may even scrap my original plans for it and use it for something else instead. Overall, I'm glad I picked it up, as it's a lovely sculpt and very unique-looking amongst 1/6 heads, though it does seem like it might require a little bit of tweaking, depending on what one is using it for.

Here are some quick images on a s25b (forgive the stain around the body's neck, that was a bit of an unfortunate 'whoops' moment when I briefly tried something on it):

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 111

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 211

It seems more comparable in size to the 'Jenner' head, while the Villa head is slightly smaller (or at least, shaped in a way that goes a bit better with the smaller body). Though how much of that is the head itself or just the weird shaped top of the head, I can't tell for sure. I'm still hoping that it will look ok once the body is dressed in a few layers of clothing. We'll see...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, glitch. Sky, I agree it could work. Hope you get that stain out with no trouble. And I agree about the slightly different shape of the head.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Very nice looking Lara!

csyeung

csyeung
I think she looks great as Lara, Glitch!

I think she looks pretty good on a 24/25 as well, maybe if she is clothed she will look more proportionate sky? She does have a rounder face than many of my other headsculpts which are more oval.

Illusion

Illusion
very nice Lara custom !

as for the head on a S25b... not sure... for my taste it might look a bit too big... but this may be due to the angle of the pic and may change when dressed.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Illusion wrote:very nice Lara custom !

as for the head on a S25b... not sure... for my taste it might look a bit too big... but this may be due to the angle of the pic and may change when dressed.

That's honestly exactly my feeling, too. I just haven't had a chance to put it on a clothed figure yet....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I know what you mean about the head, Sky. It's not so extreme as to make it look wrong exactly, but it looks like either the facial features are sitting a smidgeon too low on the face, or the forehead is just a mite too big, or some combination of both.

I think it looks fine on a S24/25 though, but now I'm wondering how it might look on the slightly larger S34/35.

Of course then you've got the problem of those useless floppy feet.

But with the right boots...

csyeung

csyeung
GeeWillikers wrote:I know what you mean about the head, Sky. It's not so extreme as to make it look wrong exactly, but it looks like either the facial features are sitting a smidgeon too low on the face, or the forehead is just a mite too big, or some combination of both.

I think it looks fine on a S24/25 though, but now I'm wondering how it might look on the slightly larger S34/35.

Of course then you've got the problem of those useless floppy feet.

But with the right boots...

You may be right GW, although I've had her glasses on the last several days and handn't noticed. I think it's also a result of them trying to keep the hair neat and tight while they braided it. I think if some hair covered part of the forehead it'd look a bit better, but that could also lead to the hair coming undone and messy.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 Dsc02111

Had some fun with some hands that came in yesterday as well haha. (note the hand peg are small for the normal phicen hands, you need some bluetack or putty for these)

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 5 Dsc02112

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
glitch wrote:

Glitch, your Lara is awesome. The carabiner with the rope is a great addition. I also had the same thought but didn't get a carabiner yet. I'm gonna take some pics of mine (though she still needs a lot of tweaks). I needed to focus on my Lara project, but TBL keeps releasing some cool figures, and I end up blowing my budget on them instead of finishing my figure.
I love/hate this hobby. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum