OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

JohnByng

"If we nix all that, what is left? Only fantasy/sci-fi?"

Isn't that the logical extension of the policy? Politics is everywhere and in everything. Perhaps you are correct that all soldier figures (past and present) should be banned as they represent political actions by nation states.

Censorship is a difficult business.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
It’s also a fine line to walk trying not to over censor and still keep posts going. I am VERY aware and active when it comes to politics, and the number of times I’ve had to just scream to myself about how stupid and unaware the average person is is often overwhelming, but I still bite my tongue and drop it; it’s not easy, but it’s often necessary to “keep the peace”. We can’t just ban entire groups of figures (and in the process, groups of collectors), just because self-censorship is sometimes too difficult. We are a 1/6th community, and we need to be welcoming of all types of genres and niches (as long as we keep it within the bounds of forum policies).

JohnByng

I suppose this is not the place to ponder the imponderables. Smile

I think the policy must be applied in a VERY subjective way because it is illogical, but I am learning that Human Nature accepts that paradox so I must be content to have had my say.

Ovy

Ovy
I only have one wish, please don't ban post apocalyptic figures once they became real politics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I completely agree with Mark's additional remarks. We try to be fair and inclusive but also neutral, and it is difficult to do so, both because we do not want to intervene heavy-handedly, and because we do not want to offend or discourage posters. I would hope we are as objective as we can be. Even if we could achieve that perfectly, I'm sure anyone who chooses to do so could still accuse us of being subjective. Such are the times we live in, if they were ever different. John, not to sound combative (which is not my intention), but was your point "merely" rhetorical? Ovy, excellent point; I think I wrote a response that was a little bit along these lines not too long ago... Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
A scale representation of a person isn't a political statement in itself. Its merely a representation. Were a person to post a figure of Vladamir Putin and comment on its merits of likeness, quality, realism, etc. It isn't suddenly a glowing endorsement, or mockery of the man himself, or his politics, necessarily.
Now, if the poster starts ranting about the real man being great/evil, whatever, that is a different matter. And I personally don't think there is room for either sentiment on this forum. Being part Polish, I'm no fan of old Vlad, but there are plenty of other forums where I can share those views.

I personally know two collectors who collect war figures, including Nazi regime figures. Neither of them are nazi sympathisers. One is Jewish even. They collect for Historical appreciation reasons. So they wouldn't consider such posts political.
I personally don't like nazi figures, but it's not my place to stop others collecting, or discussing them.

Censorship is a slippery slope.
Do we censor all figures based on real events/people?
Do we only allow "allied" war figures, because WE (western collectors anyway), consider them the "good guys"? Plenty of other countries would disagree on that!
Then do we ban threads about demonic looking, or witchcraft based figures, because it might offend some faiths?
Ban skimpy clothed figure threads, because they may upset more Conservative readers in the crowd?
Where does it end?

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:I completely agree with Mark's additional remarks. We try to be fair and inclusive but also neutral, and it is difficult to do so, both because we do not want to intervene heavy-handedly, and because we do not want to offend or discourage posters. I would hope we are as objective as we can be. Even if we could achieve that perfectly, I'm sure anyone who chooses to do so could still accuse us of being subjective. Such are the times we live in, if they were ever different. John, not to sound combative (which is not my intention), but was your point "merely" rhetorical? Ovy, excellent point; I think I wrote a response that was a little bit along these lines not too long ago... Smile

I felt I had to say something, but I will now go back to being a quiet man.

JohnByng

Ghost808 wrote:A scale representation of a person isn't a political statement in itself. Its merely a representation. Were a person to post a figure of Vladamir Putin and comment on its merits of likeness, quality, realism, etc. It isn't suddenly a glowing endorsement, or mockery of the man himself, or his politics, necessarily.
Now, if the poster starts ranting about the real man being great/evil, whatever, that is a different matter. And I personally don't think there is room for either sentiment on this forum. Being part Polish, I'm no fan of old Vlad, but there are plenty of other forums where I can share those views.

I personally know two collectors who collect war figures, including Nazi regime figures. Neither of them are nazi sympathisers. One is Jewish even. They collect for Historical appreciation reasons. So they wouldn't consider such posts political.
I personally don't like nazi figures, but it's not my place to stop others collecting, or discussing them.

Do we only allow "allied" war figures, because WE (western collectors anyway), consider them the "good guys"? Plenty of other countries would disagree on that!
Then do we ban threads about demonic looking, or witchcraft based figures, because it might offend some faiths?
Ban skimpy clothed figure threads, because they may upset more Conservative readers in the crowd?
Where does it end?

You make good points.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:A scale representation of a person isn't a political statement in itself. Its merely a representation. Were a person to post a figure of Vladamir Putin and comment on its merits of likeness, quality, realism, etc. It isn't suddenly a glowing endorsement, or mockery of the man himself, or his politics, necessarily.

Where does it end?

A beautiful exploration of why I think this kind of censorship would be inadvisable. Thank you.

JohnByng wrote:I felt I had to say something, but I will now go back to being a quiet man.

Whether we actually disagree or not, I certainly hope my comments do not discourage you from voicing your opinions.

JohnByng

"Whether we actually disagree or not, I certainly hope my comments do not discourage you from voicing your opinions."

Hi, GF. I am discouraged, but for reasons of my own personality, not you.  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 1f636  I am not very comfortable with all the mental contortions that are necessary to live in this world. But that is the way of my disappointing species, so I have to learn to live with it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:Hi, GF. I am discouraged, but for reasons of my own personality, not you.  NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 1f636  I am not very comfortable with all the mental contortions that are necessary to live in this world. But that is the way of my disappointing species, so I have to learn to live with it.

You are not alone. We live in a profoundly troubling environment -- I mean the "real world." I do not expect we would all always agree completely on things, but the things I witness, the degree to which misinformation has been accepted as truth and then passionately asserted with absolute confidence, is deeply disconcerting.

weskerfan5690

Is the helmet from this figure made by DAM toys? I plan to get a dozen of the ones from the upcoming Multicam Black variant, and I need to know if I should get more of the ones from the E&S LAPD swat figure I already have six of and transfer the helmet covers over to those (really the main reason I’m interested in this figure at all), or swap all my figures over to the Spetsnaz helmets instead. I’d still need to source more black G24 NVG mounts, though. If the Miss Spetsnaz helmets are indeed made by DAM, then when their upcoming MEU figures drop I would be able to put the counter balance pouches included with those on my helmets. Speaking of modifications, what could I use as retention straps for the NVG cables to sew onto the sides of the helmets?

csyeung

csyeung
Welcome Wesker, I'm pretty sure the helmet was made by Damtoys. I always look at parted out pieces from Damtoy military figures and the helmets look exactly the same minus the NVG. For straps, maybe those elastic banding that they use in sewing may work?  I've seen them in black and white only though so you'd probably have to paint or dye them. There are two straps with hooks already on the helmet. I'm not an expert, are those what you are talking about? Hope that helps. Here are some pics from all sides.

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Dsc02115
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Dsc02116
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Dsc02117
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Dsc02118

weskerfan5690

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Efe11c10

Thank you, glad to join here. I likely misspoke in calling the parts in questions straps. Pictured here is a similar 1/1 helmet cover, and next to the velcro portion on the side are the feature’s I had in mind. As said, they are for routing the cable for the NVGs and their respective battery pack. What material then, would be best for simulating them in 1/6 scale?

csyeung

csyeung
I feel like it's like the elastic banding used often in sewing. It comes in various widths, but you could probably cut it down to size. The other option would be to find a similar piece of item in 1/6 that has them and remove them as I feel it's used a lot in military figures.

Here's an example of some elastic banding I'm thinking of, it's probably still too wide for the helmet but you could probably cut it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Coopay-Length-Elastic-Stretch-Sewing/dp/B087R3GHPT/ref=pd_day0fbt_img_1/147-4441502-7618806?pd_rd_w=WqWz7&pf_rd_p=acc65436-fc4e-45ed-98e6-1cea96557795&pf_rd_r=FD0ZTJWE1P8SY70SGBGE&pd_rd_r=21da2497-18f3-4709-a5ce-b98195eed859&pd_rd_wg=EO5oD&pd_rd_i=B07V8DYZH2&th=1

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Version 2.0 arrived today. For those curious, the paint job is indeed different on the new version (more subtle, and the skin tone has actually changed -- it's paler (actually looks closer to TBLeague's Suntan -- or New/Current Suntan). Some quick pics (both on the S17B)

Original version:

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 1_010

New (also sits a bit higher on the neck peg):

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 2_010

Side by side:

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Untitl19

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 C8485110

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Thanks for sharing! It's nice that the newer version is closer to the suntan. The opposite happened with 2031 and 2035 Villa. The 2031 Villa is a bit lighter than the 2035.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting, thanks for the comparison, Mark.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Is the new head a bit bigger, or is that just a slighty more zoomed in/closer picture?

Looks good though.

Valiarde

Valiarde
At least on the pictures, the old one looks superior imo

Thanks for showing. Now we need a knock off head comparison, too lol

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the comparison pictures Mark! Interesting to see that it's changed. I wonder if it's just a manufacturing plant that caused the differences or if it was a change dictated by Verycool.

koloth

koloth
Stryker2011 wrote:Version 2.0 arrived today. For those curious, the paint job is indeed different on the new version (more subtle, and the skin tone has actually changed -- it's paler (actually looks closer to TBLeague's Suntan -- or New/Current Suntan). Some quick pics (both on the S17B)

Original version:

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 1_010

New (also sits a bit higher on the neck peg):

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 2_010

Side by side:

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 Miss Spetsnaz: Russian Special Combat Russian special combat female action figure (#VCF-2052) - Page 12 Untitl19

Thank you very much Stryker 2011.
Is the old version with brown eyes and the new one with blue eyes? Looks like it...
On aliexpress there are two different offers, 1 discounting from ca. 65 EUR to ca. 45 EUR and another one discounting from ca. EUR 45 to EUR 22 or so. They seem to be slightly different versions, the ears seem to be slightly different and I think the more expensive version is superior to the other one.

Am I wrong? I'd like to read your thoughts and advice. Thank you.

i

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum