OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“The world needs you.” - Steve Trevor

The empowering DC super hero, Wonder Woman, is back in her newest movie, Wonder Woman 1984. Facing off against the all-new formidable foes whose ruthless ambitions threaten to destroy the world, fans’ beloved heroine must again draw on her incredible strength, courage and wisdom to save the world from greater evil.

With high anticipation of the movie from fans worldwide, Hot Toys is very excited to present the new 1/6th scale Wonder Woman collectible figure capturing the warrior princess down to finest details.

Beautifully crafted based on the appearance of Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman in the movie, the 1/6th scale figure features a newly developed head sculpt with astonishing likeness and long curly dark brown hair sculpture, Wonder Woman’s signature tiara, a specialized body tailored with enhanced articulation on shoulders, Wonder Woman’s iconic blue and red battle suit, a pair of Wonder Woman’s signature “Bracelets of Submissions”, her “Lasso of Truth”, sparkling effect accessories in different sizes, and a figure stand.
Furthermore, a Special Edition available in selected markets will include as additional Lassoing in Motion as bonus item exclusively for collectors.
Reserve the Wonder Woman figure today. It’s a chance to gear up with the world’s greatest warrior!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS584
PRODUCT NAMEWONDER WOMAN
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS17
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH AUTHENTIC AND DETAILED LIKENESS OF GAL GADOT AS WONDER WOMAN IN WONDER WOMAN 1984
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY SO YOUNG JANG & TAE HO KANG
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JI HO LEE

The 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure specially features:

- Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman 1984
- Movie-accurate facial expression, make-up, and removable gold colored tiara
- Highly-detailed long curly dark brown hair sculpture
- Newly developed specialized body with over 17 points of articulations
- Approximately 30.5 cm tall
- Eight (Cool pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding Lasso of Truth
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- Enhanced articulations on shoulders allowing flexible movement
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) newly tailored red, blue, and gold colored Wonder Woman armor
- One (1) pair of gold and silver colored Bracelets of Submission
- One (1) pair of red and gold colored boots with weathering and battle damaged effect

Weapon:
- One (1) piece of gold colored rope (Lasso of Truth) (attachable to figure’s waist)

Accessories:
- Three (3) pieces of magnetic sparkling effect accessories in small, medium and large size (attachable to Bracelets of Submission)
- A specially designed figure stand with character nameplate and movie logo

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) piece of Lassoing in Motion

Release date: Approximately Q1 – Q2, 2022

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

WONDER WOMAN (1984) and all related characters and
elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
WB SHIELD: TM & © WBEI. (s20)

© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11299
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2597
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3405
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4376
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5360
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6344
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7334
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8317
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9302
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10284
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11300
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12251
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13236
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14216
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15199
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16187
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17178
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18166
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19151
1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20123

#newproduct #HotToys #WonderWoman #1984 #female #movie #DC #comicbook

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sculpted hair ..... really????

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Yeah what the hell are they thinking?!
I was expecting Yulli to be the sculptor since the Golden Armor head is a homerun.
Granted this looks great, but really disappointed with the NECA hair.
Although I might be less disappointed if the sculpted hair was jet black.
Oh well, instant P.O. anyway.

Nekk-ra

Did the same to the Black Widow. Apparentally they're listening to the collector's who don't want "dolls" in their collections. 😒
I personally have no problem with short or complicated hair-styles (like Kier's) being sculpted, but if I'm expected to pay north of $250 for a long-haired DOLL, it better be able to move it's darn head!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Sculpted hair means zero head articulation. That just will not fly for me. Black widow is the same, butI can easily do a head swap to the EG or CW black widow and still have a great figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If the hair is a separate sculpted piece, then it might be customisable. Re-hairing with lamb hair could look really good. BUT that’s a lot of extra work and/or potential extra expense for an already pricey figure.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Could a hairstyle like that even be factory produced with synthetic hair? I mean look at all the curls and waves, I doubt that could be factory made for a reasonable price. I guess if one wants it real, they have to lamb hair the head themselves. Or get one of these Russian or Korean demi gods of haring.

It's 1984 already? Shouldn't WW2 be set in WW2? She just skipped that? Anyway, I liked that over the top remix of Blue Monday in the trailer.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Could a hairstyle like that even be factory produced with synthetic hair? I mean look at all the curls and waves, I doubt that could be factory made for a reasonable price. I guess if one wants it real, they have to lamb hair the head themselves. Or get one of these Russian or Korean demi gods of haring.

It's 1984 already? Shouldn't WW2 be set in WW2? She just skipped that? Anyway, I liked that over the top remix of Blue Monday in the trailer.

It's been done on quite a few of their other figures: including Wonder Woman and most of their Black Widows (prior to Infinity War). As other's have mentioned, this is apparently HT listening to all those insecure males and their childish hate of "Barbie hair". With all the advancing technology in this industry, there really is no reason to backslide like this.

Easy pass. Hopefully, I can get the Golden Armor head loose, and then add the removable Tiara from this to it and make a damn fine Wonder Woman out of the BVS figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great, but it's an easy pass for me for so many reasons, not least the sculpted hair, as so many of you have already noted. The complexity of the curls and curves may have been the reason, although they have done it with less complex hair than that, like Captain Marvel's. It is a mistake, and adds to the already problematic articulation on these Hot Toys semi-seamless bodies. HT seems to be making it easy for me to spend less money. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
*sees plastic hair*

*leaves thread*

csyeung

csyeung
Ovy wrote:Could a hairstyle like that even be factory produced with synthetic hair? I mean look at all the curls and waves, I doubt that could be factory made for a reasonable price. I guess if one wants it real, they have to lamb hair the head themselves. Or get one of these Russian or Korean demi gods of haring.

Despite people not liking the likeness for Daenerys from Threezero, her hair was quite complicated, braided even, so if they wanted to, I'm sure a bigger company like HT could easily make it happen.

I agree though less accessories and sculpted hair, I'm going to wait for final product. You're going to always have her looking forward, same for the BW. The strands for both are quite close to the body. I have the CM and Brie's hair actually has some good clearance on my kitbash as its a bit shorter and its actually quite bowed out on the back. (still not ideal for articulation)

I already have the JL version and the training version with armored on po so this one isn't absolutely necessary but I do love my gal gadots haha.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote: It's been done on quite a few of their other figures: including Wonder Woman and most of their Black Widows (prior to Infinity War). As other's have mentioned, this is apparently HT listening to all those insecure males and their childish hate of "Barbie hair". With all the advancing technology in this industry, there really is no reason to backslide like this.

Easy pass. Hopefully, I can get the Golden Armor head loose, and then add the removable Tiara from this to it and make a damn fine Wonder Woman out of the BVS figure.

I totally agree with you and one of those persons is from YouTube Justin's Collection (Hot Toys Con Reveals Summer Showcase & Sideshow Con 2020) quote "finally we have sculpted hair on Wonder Woman" "for those people who have waited to get this ultimate sculpted hair version of Wonder Woman"

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
This is a gorgeous version of Wonder Woman except for that abomination of sculpted hair. (I've come to loathe sculpted hair)

I will wait for the Golden Armor version instead.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:This is a gorgeous version of Wonder Woman except for that abomination of sculpted hair. (I've come to loathe sculpted hair)

Looks like the consensus overwhelmingly favors rooted hair for female figs. If I only ever looked at a figure standing alone in a display case, I would probably agree. But to my eyes, the thing that looks worse than a WW with sculpted hair is a WW with rooted hair interacting with a Superman or unmasked Bruce Wayne (sculpted hair). My perceptions can adjust to a style, but not to stylistic inconsistency.

I kinda give HT props for extra effort going "sculpted" this time instead of lazily duplicating the previous WWs, though with HT WWs being 5 and counting (of which I own 2), finding ways of varying it up probably made business sense.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t per se have an issue with sculpted hair if the style is short enough, or complicated (like the many Princess Leia figures), but when it comes to longer flowing hair, I would rather they went rooted so the head can be turned or tilted without either causing restrictions to that movement, or looking really bad — like pretty much all of the Thor or Aquaman figures.

1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t per se have an issue with sculpted hair if the style is short enough, or complicated (like the many Princess Leia figures), but when it comes to longer flowing hair, I would rather they went rooted so the head can be turned or tilted without either causing restrictions to that movement, or looking really bad — like pretty much all of the Thor or Aquaman figures.

Totally agree with the concept you express, but again, we all have funny perceptions and unconscious biases. One of them is probably a different standard for male and female figs. As you point out re Thor, HT made 9 different Thor figures but never even trying rooted hair. And again a rooted Thor next to a sculpted Stark, Hawkeye, or Steve Rogers might look pretty weird overall.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:This is a gorgeous version of Wonder Woman except for that abomination of sculpted hair. (I've come to loathe sculpted hair)

Looks like the consensus overwhelmingly favors rooted hair for female figs.  If I only ever looked at a figure standing alone in a display case, I would probably agree.  But to my eyes, the thing that looks worse than a WW with sculpted hair is a WW with rooted hair interacting with a Superman or unmasked Bruce Wayne (sculpted hair).  My perceptions can adjust to a style, but not to stylistic inconsistency.

I kinda give HT props for extra effort going "sculpted" this time instead of lazily duplicating the previous WWs, though with HT WWs being 5 and counting (of which I own 2), finding ways of varying it up probably made business sense.

You do have a good point there with displaying a rooted hair for female figure along with sculpted hair male figures although I have the first gen of Captain Marvel with sculpted hair (the main reason I hate sculpted hair) and she's in my photo shoot along with 17 other females with rooted hair (one being first gen WW) and she stands out like a sore thumb.

And welcome back I've been wondering what happened to you it's been a long time.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

Looks like the consensus overwhelmingly favors rooted hair for female figs.  If I only ever looked at a figure standing alone in a display case, I would probably agree.  But to my eyes, the thing that looks worse than a WW with sculpted hair is a WW with rooted hair interacting with a Superman or unmasked Bruce Wayne (sculpted hair).  My perceptions can adjust to a style, but not to stylistic inconsistency.

You do have a good point there with displaying a rooted hair for female figure along with sculpted hair male figures although I have the first gen of Captain Marvel with sculpted hair (the main reason I hate sculpted hair) and she's in my photo shoot along with 17 other females with rooted hair (one being first gen WW) and she stands out like a sore thumb.

And welcome back I've been wondering what happened to you it's been a long time.

Actually this new HT WW may be quite instructive since I believe it's probably the first occurrence of parallel versions of the same person (doesn't hurt that it's Gal Gadot) side by side, both at a level of excellence, directly comparing rooted and sculpted versions. (Damn, wasn't going to buy this one but now I kinda wanna see that in hand...)

And thanks Bad Wolf, I had a scare last year that resolved wholly positively and then some catch-up life complications where I lurked here occasionally but didn't post (which I'm slowly going to start doing again). Gotta say OneSixthFigures has really grown exceptionally well, thanks to Gubernator, Stryker, and posts like yours.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I may disagree with MoonbaseAlphaMale on this particular issue (provided the use of sculpted or rooted hair is appropriate -- sculpted for short or tightly bound, rooted for flowing -- I don't think one gets a jolt from inconsistency seeing rooted and sculpted hair on different figures side by side), I'm absolutely delighted to see him make a return to active participation in the forum and hope that he will contribute here and in other threads. Smile

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
IDk the head still looks kinda off. They nailed likeliness of WW Golden Armor.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Was this really first solicited nearly three years ago?  I just received mine today.  I haven’t done much with her yet, but it seems like a nice figure overall.  The only thing I’m not thrilled about are the gold highlights painted on her armor.  I don’t see why they deemed that to be necessary.  It wasn’t there in the promo pictures.

1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 37d1b410

1984 - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7a89e310

As always, I’m more than happy to share my tips and tricks for lighting, figure posing, and creating custom backgrounds.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That took a while. Glad you finally got her — though I’m still disappointed that this was the beginning of HT’s backward move toward sculpted hair on their female figures.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I watched a couple of reviews, and the gold paint on the red armor may represent weathering with the idea that the armor is truly gold and painted red.

csyeung

csyeung
I think they added more gold because it was more prevalent in the film version so they matched it, but yea I agree, they could have toned that down. I presume the majority of the delay was to R & D the new rubber/silicone they used for this new version. Congrats on the addition!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Whoa 3 years! Thanks for the update, Xavion. I agree with the gold patina looking overdone.
Now that Craig mentioned it, so it's indeed screen accurate but I still prefer no "weathering" like the promo pics which looked perfect to me.
If they wanted more screen accuracy, they could've made the hair much much darker!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum