OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Toyboy

Hello
I have NewRay 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle. I like to remove the wheels but I have no ideas how to do it. The connectors are not regular bolts and nuts.
Thank you.

Toyboy

Sorry, I forgot to attach images
How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels? Img_2016
How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels? Img_2017
How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels? Img_2018

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
It’s hard to tell from the pics, but is that a hex nut on the last photo? Like you could use a smaller hex key to unscrew it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels? 1f10

Toyboy

It's not hex nut. I have tools for hex but it's just round shape. I just have never seen this kind of set up so I am struggling right now.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hmmm. If it’s perfectly round, I’m at a loss as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to remove 1:6 scale die-cast motorcycle wheels? 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Doesn't look removable, from what I can see.

Toyboy

GubernatorFan wrote:Doesn't look removable, from what I can see.

I see. I think I can drill it and later replace this things with different steel rod....I am not sure. I need to figure it out...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Toyboy wrote:

I see.  I think I can drill it and  later replace this things with different steel rod....I am not sure.  I need to figure it out...
Looking at mine (probably different product, but same sort of thing), this part is probably something that snapped together and is not meant to be taken apart. If you drill through it carefully, you may be able to remove it, but will need to replace it with something.
Perhaps do a search for customizing [whatever it is] on YouTube and see if they dealt with the same thing.

Toyboy

GubernatorFan wrote:
Toyboy wrote:

I see.  I think I can drill it and  later replace this things with different steel rod....I am not sure.  I need to figure it out...
Looking at mine (probably different product, but same sort of thing), this part is probably something that snapped together and is not meant to be taken apart. If you drill through it carefully, you may be able to remove it, but will need to replace it with something.
Perhaps do a search for customizing [whatever it is] on YouTube and see if they dealt with the same thing.

Thank you for the reply.
I searched on YouTube and Google about 1:6 scale bike wheels, and surprisingly I found nothing. I am still thinking whether I just mask them and paint, or remove completely and replace those steel rod to something.
The 2nd option is more trouble so I might just mask them and paint....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Paint. Smile

Toyboy

GubernatorFan wrote:Paint. Smile
Yes, I will just paint without remove them.
Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum