OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: FIVETOYS: 1/6 guard tower all-alloy light can be bright and detachable scene limited edition 88 sets

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

blackpool

geeez that is one serious beast!!! I wish I had a backyard for that huuuuuuuge piece! ABsolutely stunning! (it gives back hop on seeing more large props produced, if only they could come up with a few cars, bungalows or small housing...)

ReverendSpooky

Ephiane wrote:OK.... You got me with this. Let´s meet us at my Backyard and we build a Post Apocaliptic City in 1:6 togehter with some Wood and Metal Trash Laughing

Count me IN!!!

Stryker2011 wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
csyeung wrote:Think it's up at toypanic, about 850 retail i think before ship.

That is tempting then...

Thanks for the head's up.  I'm not sure Toypanic is even taking orders from new customers, according to the notification on their site, but if they are, I'm seriously considering.  That thing is freaking gorgeous.

Have you heard anything further about the elevator? Man, if you were able to get that and this! Oh, the possibilities...

I reached out a few times to the seller on Alibaba to see if they had in stock, and were shipping immediately, and they never responded. Definitely not someone I felt confident ordering from, and even they're showing as sold out now. The ebay seller I ordered from still claims that their supplier has delayed the release time again, and guarantee that once they receive, they will send out as soon as possible.

Part of the problem is, I just don't know who is right. I had contacted some other ebay sellers a few months back, who claimed they had in stock, and were shipping, but they could have just as easily been lying to get me to buy (they were significantly more expensive too). I haven't seen any pictures of these in hand, so I really don't know if they actually did release or not, or if the seller I bought from is telling the truth, and these really just aren't out yet.

For now I think I may stay the course, and hope it comes through eventually. I know if I do cancel, I'll probably not be able to get elsewhere, and I really do want it.

I REALLY want to order this tower, but I don't want to end up in this situation all over again, over an even MORE expensive piece. So conflicted!

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I hope that all works out, Adam. It would be awesome to see what you do with that elevator.

Ephiane

Moonbase, You got me Laughing

Rev, I´ve seen what You can build by Yourself. I´m sure You can do this by Your own Hands Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:I hope that all works out, Adam. It would be awesome to see what you do with that elevator.

Damn brother, me too. I have some photoshoot ideas I'm dying to do. For now, I'll stay optimistic.

Ephiane wrote:Rev, I´ve seen what You can build by Yourself. I´m sure You can do this by Your own Hands Wink

I genuinely have considered it. But honestly, I think it'd take me FOREVER to do, and it might seriously cost me a lot just in materials. I do think it's worth the money.

Does anyone know, Toypanic is reliable, right? I'm seeing that they will reserve with a 20% down payment, which means I'm risking a lot less money, and that felt like a bigger concern than the actual payment. I'm willing to pay if I'll ACTUALLY get it.

I think I'm gonna do this. It's sitting in my cart right now....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Toy Panic has been around for quite some time. Take note, however, they have limited shipping right now, and may not be taking new customers (send them a message to be sure).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: FIVETOYS: 1/6 guard tower all-alloy light can be bright and detachable scene limited edition 88 sets - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Toy Panic has been around for quite some time. Take note, however, they have limited shipping right now, and may not be taking new customers (send them a message to be sure).

Good to hear. I kinda threw caution to the wind, and just went for it. Only had to put a down payment, so a bit less risky anyway. But they took my order, and they took my money, so I'm gonna assume I'm good. I figure if there's an issue, they'll let me know. I can't wait to get this beautiful beast!!!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Toy Panic has been around for quite some time. Take note, however, they have limited shipping right now, and may not be taking new customers (send them a message to be sure).

Good to hear.  I kinda threw caution to the wind, and just went for it.  Only had to put a down payment, so a bit less risky anyway.  But they took my order, and they took my money, so I'm gonna assume I'm good.  I figure if there's an issue, they'll let me know.  I can't wait to get this beautiful beast!!!

This makes me happy -- once I've absolutely had to rule out any consideration of getting this myself, for space reasons mostly, I kind of feel like you're going to achieve that goal representing all of us.  One time at a toy show, I offered a dealer $200 for a Sectaurs Hyve (huge 1980's playset) but on condition that he agreed to buy it back from me immediately for $190 -- no room to store it, but it was worth $10 to me just to be able to say I'd owned one.  This would be like that.  Man, with your skills, the pics combining this beast with your own craft will be out of this world.  They can shut down the 1/6th hobby after that 'cause no one's going to top you.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:This makes me happy -- once I've absolutely had to rule out any consideration of getting this myself, for space reasons mostly, I kind of feel like you're going to achieve that goal representing all of us.  One time at a toy show, I offered a dealer $200 for a Sectaurs Hyve (huge 1980's playset) but on condition that he agreed to buy it back from me immediately for $190 -- no room to store it, but it was worth $10 to me just to be able to say I'd owned one.  This would be like that.  Man, with your skills, the pics combining this beast with your own craft will be out of this world.  They can shut down the 1/6th hobby after that 'cause no one's going to top you.

Couldn’t have said it better. I’m excited to see what Rev makes of this.

NEW PRODUCT: FIVETOYS: 1/6 guard tower all-alloy light can be bright and detachable scene limited edition 88 sets - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Good to hear.  I kinda threw caution to the wind, and just went for it.  Only had to put a down payment, so a bit less risky anyway.  But they took my order, and they took my money, so I'm gonna assume I'm good.  I figure if there's an issue, they'll let me know.  I can't wait to get this beautiful beast!!!

Can't wait to see pics when you get it! Will be epic!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I can’t wait to see what you do with it, Rev!

Ephiane wrote:OK.... You got me with this. Let´s meet us at my Backyard and we build a Post Apocaliptic City in 1:6 togehter with some Wood and Metal Trash Laughing

This is honestly the dream! If I ever manage to get my own place with a garden it’s 100% going to be made up of miniature outdoor dioramas! XD

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:This is honestly the dream! If I ever manage to get my own place with a garden it’s 100% going to be made up of miniature outdoor dioramas! XD

Epic! We would have to refer to you then as Hogancamp 2.0. Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
It is with a heavy heart that I have to say, I had to cancel my order for this. It cam in stock, but the store in Malaysia could not find a way to ship it out to me. I finally found a freight forwarder to arrange shipping myself, but the shipping cost would have been way more than the item itself (the tower was around $900 and shipping was going to run me another $1500). I was already at peace with spending on this beast, but that was just more than I could justify. The store was completely accommodating with a full refund of my deposit, but it kinda broke my heart to not get this.

csyeung

csyeung
So sorry to hear, shipping has skyrocketed since this was first announced plus the shipping delays, this is unfortunate.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ah man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to seeing what you could do with this. (Glad to see you still checking in, Adam.) By the way, not to possibly bring up another potential sore spot, but have you heard anything on that Elevator?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
csyeung wrote:So sorry to hear, shipping has skyrocketed since this was first announced plus the shipping delays, this is unfortunate.

Stryker2011 wrote:Ah man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to seeing what you could do with this. (Glad to see you still checking in, Adam.) By the way, not to possibly bring up another potential sore spot, but have you heard anything on that Elevator?

Thanks guys. Yeah, I had a lot of plans for this. And I think that's it, timing just sucks I guess. I had kinda prepared myself to pay up to $500 for shipping, thinking that was about as bad as it could get. $1500 is just too brutal, no matter how much I wanted it. I had to commiserate here a bit, knowing that you all would get it.

The elevator is an even sadder story. That seller isn't even on eBay any more, so that money is just gone. I don't know why ebay even allows pre-orders if they only offer any protection for like 30 days or something. Live and learn I guess.

And yeah, I'm still around! Between work and projects I haven't had almost any time to post, but trying to sneak a look on here whenever I can. But I hope you'll agree it's paid off, since I just left a little something new (ok, maybe not so little) in the new photo stories section...

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
ReverendSpooky, I too am sorry to hear the fate of the Tower. I totally understand your have to let it go. That was just way to much to have to spend for shipping. Really sorry to hear the outcome for the Elevator. Stay strong brother.

brassco

brassco
ReverendSpooky wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I have to say, I had to cancel my order for this.  It cam in stock, but the store in Malaysia could not find a way to ship it out to me.  I finally found a freight forwarder to arrange shipping myself, but the shipping cost would have been way more than the item itself (the tower was around $900 and shipping was going to run me another $1500).  I was already at peace with spending on this beast, but that was just more than I could justify.  The store was completely accommodating with a full refund of my deposit, but it kinda broke my heart to not get this.  

hi, i've checked with a seller, and he said got current stock. I've msg u the link. Let me know if you need any help (other than paying!)

cheers.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very sad state of affairs with these bigger sets. I'm glad you got your money back for the tower -- now you can recoup your losses or choose to spend them on another. For the elevator, too bad there is no recourse -- I expect you have exhausted all options with eBay.

davidd

davidd
ReverendSpooky wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I have to say, I had to cancel my order for this.  

The increase in shipping costs is unfortunate, but after seeing your latest amazing scenes (the loading dock sequence), when I look at this tower, I can easily see you constructing one just as good or even better. The guard house at the top doesn't look all that difficult (well... for you Wink ). In fact, it reminds me of some of your earlier builds. You already have some of the pieces, like the weapons cabinet. You've constructed stairs that look easily as good as these.

The generator and the electric wires are a nice touch, aren't they?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good point, David.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Indeed. With all the above photo references, I could easily see the Rev making one of these himself. And it’s probably be a lot cooler with his very own spin on it.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Your faith in my abilities is truly inspiring. It really makes me want to take a shot at this. The truth is, time is my most scarce resource, and every element like this I can buy, means time I can spend on a different project, or shooting. I can't even imaging how long it'd take me to tackle a monster like this. Although I had every intention of customizing the hell out of it when it arrived.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, I get that, but honestly, I think you could do it justice! You could always just do the top part to begin with, then work your way down? XD

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have no doubt that the good Reverend can do it. But it does come down to investment of time and effort (and some cost). I hope he does, although I kinda wonder whether a guard tower will be particularly integral to his fictional world -- although perhaps I'm thinking more of the House of Seasons and less of the Radio Kings at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum