OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kamiko's Niece, Michiko

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:35 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Michiko is Kamiko's teenage niece and her only known surviving relative, being the daughter of Kamiko's elder sister Noriko who was killed during the Great Anarchy.  It was Noriko's dying wish that Kamiko look after Michiko and so Kamiko, honoring her elder sister's wishes has taken on the role of Michiko's mother more or less.  This is not easy for Kamiko as she is not and never has been the "mother type," and Michiko though very close to Kamiko is even more vengeful and vindictive in nature that Kamiko, seeking revenge for the death of her parents and siblings at every opportunity.  Kamiko once left her in charge of some captured road bandits, with instructions "not to let them get away." When Kamiko returned, she found that Michiko had beheaded all six prisoners.  When Kamiko expressed her displeasure (she had planned on hanging them instead) Michiko argued that her only orders were "not to let the prisoners get away," and by beheading them, she had ensured they would not.

"Look Aunty!  The prisoners are right where you left them," was how she responded. Kamiko has since learned to keep a more watchful eye on Michiko.  

Kamiko's Niece, Michiko 50390091948_75994080cc_c8 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko's Niece, Michiko 50390830946_4135c95b75_cMichiko by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko's Niece, Michiko 50390830416_503a7413c5_cMichiko by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Though she is like Kamiko, fluent in both English and Japanese, Michiko fancies herself as a ninja and more often than not refuses to speak English, communicating with Kamiko and the other Japanese speaking members of Kimono Troop only Japanese.  She has a close bond to both Gogo and Miyori who have become surrogate sisters to her.  

The head sculpt is a I8 Toys H001B that I obtained from Big Bad Toys in the hopes of placing it on a different body and having them represent a 1/6th version of the Girls und Panzer character Shiho Nishizumi, however when the head sculpt arrived, I found that it was too small looking for most of the bodies I had but a much better match for the S24A body I was using for Kamiko'd pal Miyori than the one that was currently on it.  Sooooo, I swapped out that head sculpt and Miyori's top for the H0018 and the cammo hoodie and it became Michiko. At the same time, I tried the YM Toys head sculpt I was using for Miyori on the S23B body I use for Luna Kabooma and the combination looked awesome, so I ordered another S23B from Giantoy to be Miyori's new body and we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

2Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice to finally meet her! I recall you mentioning this character in the past, so it's great that she's now officially part of the team. Is that the s27b type body?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:39 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice to finally meet her! I recall you mentioning this character in the past, so it's great that she's now officially part of the team. Is that the s27b type body?

No, it's an S24A body. The larger of the two. I found the head sculpt was nicely sized for it and the right skin tone. I tried it with larger bodies, but it seemed small on them so it went on the S24A.

4Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:00 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The family keeps growing, perhaps it's best she doesn't get access to all prisoners, specially important ones.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Kamiko's Niece, Michiko 1f60e

5Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This girl is pretty bad-@$$. Take no prisoners may not be everyone’s philosophy, but I don’t always disagree — dead enemies can’t cause any further damage. Very tough young lady.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kamiko's Niece, Michiko C8485110

6Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:The family keeps growing, perhaps it's best she doesn't get access to all prisoners, specially important ones.

On the one instance that Kamiko left Michiko in charge of prisoners, she did so in the hope of shielding her from the danger of further combat. That was a mistake on her part not only because Michiko slaughtered the prisoners, but also because as it turns out, Michiko is at her best when sneaking up on enemy sentries and killing them before they realize what's happened. As Kimono Troop is a special ops unit, Michiko's stealth and skill with edged and suppressed weapons makes her more of an asset in battle than a 16-year-old would normally be.

7Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:01 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:This girl is pretty bad-@$$. Take no prisoners may not be everyone’s philosophy, but I don’t always disagree — dead enemies can’t cause any further damage. Very tough young lady.

It's the code of the West in these tough dystopian times that road bandits and highwaymen get no mercy. Kamiko was planning on taking them to Roswell for trial and execution (by public hanging) anyway, so Michiko did the prisoners a big favor as the executioner in Roswell is not very proficient and the condemned tend to die rather slowly and painfully. It did cause a loss of revenue however as Kimono Troop would have collected a larger reward if the bandits had been brought in alive instead of dead.

8Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:18 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Love seeing your customs and reading their backstories!

9Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
csyeung wrote:Love seeing your customs and reading their backstories!

Thank-you.

10Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Wow, what a cold hearted person. Thinking of the James Bond vibe you established, she would also make a good Henchman for an EVIL faction.

11Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As always, you've made quite a back story for your characters. Which is useful, because I was completely mistaken about the nature of the relationship between those two. Smile

12Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:26 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Wow, what a cold hearted person. Thinking of the James Bond vibe you established, she would also make a good Henchman for an EVIL faction.

The henchmen for the evil faction is arriving soon. Michiko, though having a warm and close relationship with her aunt and her buddies is deeply traumatized by the murders of her mother, father and siblings. She is also on the cusp of womanhood, and in normal times she would be dating the guy with the coolest car or something like that. But times are not normal, men are few and poor Michiko has been deprived of many of the formative experiences a 16 year-old girl would normally have.

13Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:The family keeps growing, perhaps it's best she doesn't get access to all prisoners, specially important ones.

While Kamiko is somewhat vindictive, she is older an more mature that Michiko and can control her "inner samurai" more effectively. She is more ready to accept executions carried out under color of law as appropriate vengeance than Michiko who is much less mature and much more prone to seeking instant satisfaction. Kamiko, for all her flaws, tries to represent law and order in very chaotic times, whereas Michiko more easily reconciles Bushido which allows for the seeking of revenge, with the informal code of the old west where you'd just string up cattle rustlers and horse thieves from the nearest convenient tree.

14Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks great Gary! fantastic job!

15Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Empty Re: Kamiko's Niece, Michiko Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:She looks great Gary! fantastic job!

Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum