OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very nice work. Both on the conventional Tuskens and the new one. Is that mask from the Boba Fett show? I like the mammal Tusken you made, and the blue eyes remind me of the Sci Fi channel Dune series -- which is a good thing.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

AlKelAstra91

Very cool customs! I loved the way BoBF showed a different side of the Tusken Raiders, and I love your interpretation of them likewise. I appreciate how each has their own unique style, they've come a long way since the older films. I've always wondered what they look like under those masks, the lizard face is so creepy and well done. You and Valiarde are killing it with these sandy Tatooine dioramas. 👍

Ovy

Ah now know how they look, thanks! Beautifully sculpted. I got monkey vibes which fit the sounds they make.

And yeah blue eyes are a nice touch.

I think the one with the slit goggles is a female? Reminds me of those Inuit snow goggles which might work in deserts as well.

Sadly that fun black Tusken Part in Boba felt more like a short movie in retrospect with no real connection to the bigger picture.

Chip

These are so cool , did you you glue the leather ? Together for the pouches , they were worth the effort in my opinion .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a cool interpretation. Now all you need is one of those female versions (I think one was shown in the prequels).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 - Page 2 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work. Both on the conventional Tuskens and the new one. Is that mask from the Boba Fett show? I like the mammal Tusken you made, and the blue eyes remind me of the Sci Fi channel Dune series -- which is a good thing.

Thanks Gubernator. The mask is based on the episode II version of female tusken, I just mixed with with the standard one in order to get that look. I haven't seen that Dune series yet, but I had seen the movie so I guess it was still working on the back of my head when I decided to paint her eyes blue.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Very cool customs! I loved the way BoBF showed a different side of the Tusken Raiders, and I love your interpretation of them likewise. I appreciate how each has their own unique style, they've come a long way since the older films. I've always wondered what they look like under those masks, the lizard face is so creepy and well done. You and Valiarde are killing it with these sandy Tatooine dioramas. 👍
Thanks AkelAstra, I enjoyed the protrayal of the Tuskens too, I just wish we had spent more time on them. I felt giving them different looks was important, even in tribes (groups) everyone has their own style, naturally the tuskens are a tribal people with fairly strict rules when it comes to clothing so I had to keep that in mind too.  I think the beauty of the tuskens is the mystery (one which I hope stays that way) Legends has given us glimpses of how they possibly look, such as the kumumga, there's also been other artists that have made different looks to them.

Ovy wrote:Ah now know how they look, thanks! Beautifully sculpted. I got monkey vibes which fit the sounds they make.

And yeah blue eyes are a nice touch.

I think the one with the slit goggles is a female?  Reminds me of those Inuit snow goggles which might work in deserts as well.

Sadly that fun black Tusken Part in Boba felt more like a short movie in retrospect with no real connection to the bigger picture.
Thanks Ovy, you are correct, the look of the female is based (in part) on how they where portrayed in Episode II: Attack of the clones, there they have a full on headress that covers most of their upper body with a mask equally long, I felt that since BOBF had made theirs I could use both the movie versions and the series version to make her.

Chip wrote:These are so cool , did you you glue the leather ? Together for the pouches , they were worth the effort in my opinion .
Thanks Chip. The pouches are non functional though if I where to sew them they could work, for me its easier to glue them to an air dry clay blank.

Stryker2011 wrote:What a cool interpretation. Now all you need is one of those female versions (I think one was shown in the prequels).
Thanks Stryker. I had plans for a fourth one but it fell through, the tusken vibe was gone by the time I finished the male one.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 - Page 2 1f60e

Chip

Thanks for that info , do they really need to work ? They look so good . What glue did you use ? I am tempted to give this a go for similar things .

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Chip wrote:Thanks for that info , do they really need to work ? They look so good . What glue did you use ? I am tempted to give this a go for similar things .

They don't need to work, but they could be made to work since I start off with a pattern that I draw with sewing in mind the only problem I have is that I am not willing to spend the time needed on making them work [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 - Page 2 1f601 .  The glue I use for most of the stuff that won't move or flex is CA or cyanoacrylate aka super glue which in my case is krazy glue since I can get it just about anywhere, even the dollar store has it for cheap. However I also use faux leather so gluing it is not much of an issue, if I where to use real leather I would probably use some other type of glue that wouldn't damage the leather.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 - Page 2 1f60e

Chip

Thanks very much for the further info , I have found faux leather can deteriorate quite quickly sometimes though .

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work ! Love that Guys !

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Banthapug! Awesome. Given the soundclip, I wish they had outfitted two. Maybe they needed to make sleeves for the four legs too (they looked rather slim), but still absolutely delightful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cute video, Eph. I hope they gave that poor little guy plenty of water for their efforts as a mount.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 - Page 2 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Chip wrote:Thanks very much for the further info , I have found faux leather can deteriorate quite quickly sometimes though .
Glad I could help Chip, this faux leather I'm using is meant for upholstery so it's far more durable.
Ephiane wrote:Great Work ! Love that Guys !
Thanks Ephiane, glad you love the tuskens too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum