OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

maxman

Hello,

This is my very first post in the forum. I'm quite new to the 1/6 hobby. I have 2 TBLeague figurines now, both pale skin.

I noticed this TBLeague product called Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149.

Does anyone have this product?

Is the figurine newly and uniquely created for this product or this head sculpt, or is the figurine actually a currently available figurine in their line-up, maybe S22A or S23B based on the muscular definition?

Diana

Diana
Hello maxman! Welcome! Smile

The boxed figures of TBLeague have heads that are unique to that character, however similar they may be.

They usually use bodies that are also available on their own. However, they are sometimes painted a different color or with wounds etc.

Both Valkyries (Skarah and Tariah) use the S23B body. But careful: Skarah had a 1/12 release and Tariah in 1/12 was just accounced.

We actually have recently started a reference thread for this exact topic!
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3271-premade-phicen-model-bodytypes

There are a few recent boxed figures that seem to be using a body that has yet to be released.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome. As Diana said — be careful if you’re looking for Tariah, as she has sold out in 1/6th (you may be able to find her on eBay), that you make sure you are not looking at a listing for the newly announced 1/12 version (unless that’s what you’re looking for).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 C8485110

maxman

Thank you AerynDiana for this information.

I wanted to know if TBLeague just used a 1/6 figurine in their current line-up to pair with that head sculpt, and so it seems to be the case, the S23B, a suntan figurine.

I thought the head sculpt was pale as I have seen in some photos and on eBay listings.

maxman

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome. As Diana said — be careful if you’re looking for Tariah, as she has sold out in 1/6th (you may be able to find her on eBay), that you make sure you are not looking at a listing for the newly announced 1/12 version (unless that’s what you’re looking for).

The 1/6 head sculpt is listed on eBay. I don’t know if there could be so many excess head sculpts manufactured or if they are imitation copies. Any thoughts?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’ve seen the sculpt you mean, and I’m under the impression it could be a knock-off, simply due to the low price. Most of the parted-out tbleague heads I’ve seen and purchased in the past have gone for about 50 GBP on up (some going for even more). I could be wrong, but it seems a bit suspicious those heads are currently so cheap on eBay. I’d maybe ask the seller outright and see what they say.

ETA: it might be ok even if it’s a KO, but it’s still good to know for sure what you’re actually getting.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome! dive in, have a look around and have fun!

Diana

Diana
I actually got one of those cheap Tariah heads. Definitely knock off, but still pretty!
The inner tube-adapter thing is not fixed to the head on the inside, but that can easily be fixed. The color is also a good TBL suntan match.

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 F672b110
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 8c192a10
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 00eff510

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing, Diana. Do you have any insight as to what size tbleague bodies it goes with? I was thinking of picking one up, but since I prefer the smaller bodies, I wasn't sure if it would work or not.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

maxman

AerynDiana wrote:I actually got one of those cheap Tariah heads. Definitely knock off, but still pretty!
The inner tube-adapter thing is not fixed to the head on the inside, but that can easily be fixed. The color is also a good TBL suntan match.

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 F672b110
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 8c192a10
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 00eff510

Thank you very much for the photos. This is really very helpful to me. Did it come in a box or packaging that hinted which company may have made the knock off?

With this knock off, you reckon a S23B would still be a good colour and neck girth proportional match? I don't want a figurine that looks like a lollipop head or the opposite.

How do you care for its hair, and the plaits which look real? The long hair on my Super Duck heads seems to become a bit more wavy and a bit tangled. Is there a way to straighten the hair? I comb the hair with an art paint brush or soft toothbrush.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The head worked out great on that body, whatever it is. I would guess it is a suntan (as opposed to pale) but I hope Diana will confirm it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks like it’s on the Nancy in Hell body (s29b) in that pic, so yes, suntan. : )

Diana

Diana
I got some more photos for you of the cheap Tariah head with an S33B, S23B and S17B.
For comparison I’m including photos of the other heads I usually have sitting on these bodies. Smile
And sorry, but I really didn’t feel like taking that jacket off. (Her hands don’t come off.)

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 73ca6f10
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 2867c010TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 28291210
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 3a29d810TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 Eb197a10
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 09dd4410TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 C12e7510

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful figures!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the comparisons, Diana! Your figures are looking awesome together, really nice aesthetic you have going on.

maxman

AerynDiana wrote:I got some more photos for you of the cheap Tariah head with an S33B, S23B and S17B.
For comparison I’m including photos of the other heads I usually have sitting on these bodies. Smile
And sorry, but I really didn’t feel like taking that jacket off. (Her hands don’t come off.)

Which figurine is the S33B and S23B? I'm assuming the red crop top is the S23B?

Diana

Diana
Thank you Sky and BAM! Smile
I am particularly happy with Ming. The tall blonde needs different pants and I take no credit for Painkiller Jane other than giving her a jacket.
But the real project of a team of four ladies is not yet presentable. Smile

maxman wrote:Which figurine is the S33B and S23B? I'm assuming the red crop top is the S23B?
The one with the green top is the S33B. The red one is indeed the S23B (Painkiller Jane) and the one with the bow is the S17B.

Regulus001

Diana wrote:I got some more photos for you of the cheap Tariah head with an S33B, S23B and S17B.

TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 2867c010
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 28291210
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 3a29d810
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 Eb197a10
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 09dd4410
TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 C12e7510

Heya, really like your archer girl there, where did you get her parts, may i ask?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking team!

Diana

Diana
BAMComix wrote:Great looking team!
Thank you! Very Happy

Regulus001 wrote:Heya, really like your archer girl there, where did you get her parts, may i ask?
Of course!
The head is YMToys Ming.
The pants and bow/arrows are from GT Toys The Explorer.
The boots are from Nancy in Hell.
The holsters are from Painkiller Jane.
The amulet was from Kerso on Etsy.
The shirt was from Ebay.

Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, great looking team, and so nice of you to share tips.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m digging the Warriors vibe I get from the pic of the three girls together with their short(er) hair and crop tops. They definitely look like a team/gang/clique.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some great looking ladies.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! TBLeague Tariah Silver Valkyrie Action Figure PL2019-149 1f60e

Diana

Diana
LOL, thank you! I wasn't fishing for compliments, but I'll take them! Smile
Painkiller Jane was the first, the other two were just experiments and of course had to look good next to her. They were going to be temporary, but I grew attached to the look of them together, so they stay. Miss Cobain there still needs some gear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum