OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
Glad I picked the CAT toys version, very affordable, and very good in term of headsculpt (with rooted hair btw)

personal pic of her headsculpt mounted on a phicen the time of a photoshoot...

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . . Ghostintheshell_04

JohnByng

Wow! That is sooooooo bad! The promo pics looked good so I was interested but she doesn't fit into my male/female warrior collection so I did not buy her.

Three Zero should be ashamed of themselves for producing something so completely different from what they advertised.

The usual disclaimer that the actual product may differ from the images should not be used to protect fraudsters!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I thought this was a KO when I first saw it as I hadn't seen any ThreeZero logos anywhere. Then I saw a pic of the back of the box. Oh boy! They've gone to the same factory as VTS and Star Ace!

CHEERS!

Allotropos

Allotropos
This girl is causing quite a stir and rightly so.
I recall being critical with their previous figure and got even more put off by some of the replies. There was one person in particular that really grinded my gears every time something negative was mentioned about 3zero but oh well it is what it is.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Looks like a $40 figure from ten years ago! Well if you going to cut corners this tightly you're bound to run straight into a brick wall!! Rolling Eyes

shazzdan

shazzdan
Crap.

Andrew

Andrew
Those are very poor pictures.  

I was delighted with the Nora sculpt that came with my fallout armor set from threezero, so I shall keep my order in and wait and see for some more pictures

Heres another, which shows some eye detailing and the work on the brows.  It might still be ok.  

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . . 41746688085_f57f6d4030_b34691775_10155219622647000_3448978301987586048_n by Macktrucker, on Flickr

And in case it isn't, I have a custom one made using the Gac head...

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . . 42646555921_fef9b0c70e_bKusangi by Macktrucker, on Flickr

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Regardless of how this turned out, I'll be keeping my PO with Timewalker. I'm not comfortable with screwing over good retailers, as they are very few and far between in this tiny hobby of ours. I canceled my PO for Jack Burton with Sideshow, however (even though I'll lose my NRD, I don't mind screwing over a company that charges more than HT and produces product almost as bad as Star Ace).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . . C8485110

Andrew

Andrew
DeltaForceChung wrote:Andrew:

If I didn't know any better, you're defending the figure and quite frankly that is BULL$%^# coming from a collector like you short of having an absolute affinity for the character regardless of likeness ad quality faults.

The in hand pictures thus far clearly shows issues, but I find you're wait for more in hand pictures, etc. reasons to be . . . odd.

I've been informed more in hand pictures are pending, but from initial assessments . . . it's not pleasant.

Im just living in hope, thats all, and trying not to fall down the hole we fell down constantly defending Triad. I loved this proto quite a bit, especially after Hot toys failed attempts to capture the woman properly.  

Damn.  I am defending it.  I've become the  Threezero cheerleader, and I truly hate company cheerleaders.  

I'll go hang my head in shame now.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Andrew wrote:Im just living in hope, thats all, and trying not to fall down the hole we fell down constantly defending Triad. I loved this proto quite a bit, especially after Hot toys failed attempts to capture the woman properly.  

Damn.  I am defending it.  I've become the  Threezero cheerleader, and I truly hate company cheerleaders.  

I'll go hang my head in shame now.

--

At least you acknowledged it. That is the first step. A step many others can't admit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm thinking about using this head sculpt, to replace this one, after I give her a haircut.

THREEZERO'S "FU" to all who pre-ordered "Major K" based on GITS . . . S-l16016

Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken
DeltaForceChung wrote:I have no empathy for any of the 3Z defenders / loyalists who claimed / posted 3Z will make this right.

This.

Threezero is incapable of doing human characters, whatsoever. Their flesh paint utterly stinks. But even if the paint was up to snuff, the sculpt doesn't look good at all either.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The likeness may still be there and it does offer being a bald sculpt which would open her up to custom rooters and painters. When they've done their part we may yet see something. Not suggesting anyone gets the complete figure, but, the head loose could possibly be handy for some.

I still would have been narked if I'd PO'ed this based on the promos though.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. That's me. I'm "narked." I thought the proto looked pretty good. But so far, it's not looking promising. But then, I have yet to see any early photos that DO look good. I swear, these early pics are made by someone who works for HT just so people stop ordering from other manufacturers. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum