OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Likestatue

Likestatue
Hello everyone.

Can you guys give me your thoughts about my Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes?

I would really appreciate if someone give me some hints related to Ciri's hair... How to 'tame' it and get Rid of frizzy/loose ends (specially on her ponytail)...

It took me months to get them ready. A lot of stuff handcrafted, sculpted and painted by myself.

My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Geralt10
My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Ciri_w10
My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Ciri_a10

You can see more of these pictures on our DeviantART group OneSixthCommunity (thanks a lot GubernatorFan for allow me to post this link!).

Please share your thoughts, feedbacks and tips! Thanks in advance!

2My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are looking excellent. I am not particularly familiar with the franchise, but I have certainly seen different images and renditions of Geralt in particular, and this captures the look. Nicely detailed and not-over-the-top work on the Ciri outfit too, which helps (together with the makeup) give an edge to what I'm assuming is a Super Duck head sculpt.

3My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:02 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very nice job! I can tell that lots of work (and collecting materials and pieces) must have gone into them both. They are definitely recognizable, and look battle-ready! (Or is that battle weary? lol).

Regarding Ciri's hair, I am presuming it is the synthetic hair that the sculpt came with? If so, then you could try this product that is used on some types of synthetic doll hair:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=281

(Please note that I have not tried this product myself, so cannot personally vouch for it.)

Alternatively, I would suggest trying a *clear* water-based wax (like a water based hair wax), and using some very sparing amounts (perheaps mixed with a little bit of water, if needed), smoothe back the stray hairs.

ETA: Regardless of which product you use, it's probably a good idea to test it first on a spare headsculpt, just to make sure you don't ruin all your hard work.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 am

Likestatue

Likestatue
Thanks! Yes, the base HS was a Super duck SET036 Monster Huntress, I had to redo the makeup to match Ciri's

GubernatorFan wrote:They are looking excellent. I am not particularly familiar with the franchise, but I have certainly seen different images and renditions of Geralt in particular, and this captures the look. Nicely detailed and not-over-the-top work on the Ciri outfit too, which helps (together with the makeup) give an edge to what I'm assuming is a Super Duck head sculpt.  

5My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:04 am

Likestatue

Likestatue
Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions! Wink
skywalkersaga wrote:Very nice job! I can tell that lots of work (and collecting materials and pieces) must have gone into them both. They are definitely recognizable, and look battle-ready! (Or is that battle weary? lol).

Regarding Ciri's hair, I am presuming it is the synthetic hair that the sculpt came with? If so, then you could try this product that is used on some types of synthetic doll hair:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=281

(Please note that I have not tried this product myself, so cannot personally vouch for it.)

Alternatively, I would suggest trying a *clear* water-based wax (like a water based hair wax), and using some very sparing amounts (perheaps mixed with a little bit of water, if needed), smoothe back the stray hairs.

ETA: Regardless of which product you use, it's probably a good idea to test it first on a spare headsculpt, just to make sure you don't ruin all your hard work.

6My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aside from the Netflix series (which I don’t have anymore), I’m not familiar with the characters from the games, so I can’t really help you much, but I do like what you’ve done here as fantasy characters. Pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes C8485110

7My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Likestatue

Likestatue
Thanks! It means a lot to me! I recommend you read the books though. They are really great!
Stryker2011 wrote:Aside from the Netflix series (which I don’t have anymore), I’m not familiar with the characters from the games, so I can’t really help you much, but I do like what you’ve done here as fantasy characters. Pretty cool.

8My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Likestatue wrote:Thanks! It means a lot to me! I recommend you read the books though. They are really great!
Stryker2011 wrote:Aside from the Netflix series (which I don’t have anymore), I’m not familiar with the characters from the games, so I can’t really help you much, but I do like what you’ve done here as fantasy characters. Pretty cool.

I actually have them in my Audible Wishlist, but I’m saving up my credits so I can binge listen to all of them in one go.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes C8485110

9My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 pm

Likestatue

Likestatue
Cool, lemme know what you think when you get a chance. ;-)
Stryker2011 wrote:
Likestatue wrote:Thanks! It means a lot to me! I recommend you read the books though. They are really great!

I actually have them in my Audible Wishlist, but I’m saving up my credits so I can binge listen to all of them in one go.

10My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think they look pretty good, tho Geralt does look a bit worried... I think that's the same face he had when I was playing the games.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes 1f60e

11My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
they look great. you can tell that a ton of work went into them and it shows. personally the geralt that comes to mind when thinking about the witcher is from the video games, especially the last one.
though it never stuck with me unlike games like fallout and skyrim, due to being first person perspective and thus more immersive, it was a hell of a journey and i enjoyed every minute i put into it.
but depending on your first encounter with the topic, being it books, games or tv series this look can vary of course.
anyways, very good stuff, maybe we'll see a bloody baron someday Wink

12My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Empty Re: My Geralt & Ciri Kitbashes Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:23 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work! they look amazing! There are a few ways you could tame Ciri's hair, I think the easiest way is to soak the head in warm water, then set the hair and put her to one side for about a week. A piece of plastic wrapped around the head (and taped to hold it, the plastic, not the head) will help no end to set it. Hope it helps Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum