OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
WorldBox【新品】1/6耐操素体—军事概念版
WorldBox: 1/6 Durable body - ”Action body ”

WorldBox 1/6耐操素体-军事概念版(编号AT025)

产品列表:
军事主体一个
头雕连接器三个
长脖子一个
手型四对,拳头、持枪、握持、自然手型
脚丫一对

Features of the 1/6th scale body”AT025”:
-One(1) Worldbox durable body
-Three(3) connecting rod for head
-One(1)Neck
-Four(4)pair of hands
-One(1)pair of foot
Release date: Q2 , 2018

售价:136RMB/ 支,
5月3日截单,6月份出货

at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-10
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-15
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-13
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-11
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-12
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-14
at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) At025-15

#newproduct #male #body #worldbox

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for posting. Looks like they are improving neck articulation -- and allowing for kitbashing with single-piece heads and necks.

MarkEl

It reminds me of the AT011 but with the flexible neck option. Is this also the more economical version like that? Their figures are built like tanks and heavy but sometimes tricky to pose and balance. They have a few things on the plate including Dad Bod and the quasi-Michael Douglas set. I like WB. Always a bit different.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
This is a good looking body: nicely proportioned, and sculpted. I like the sculpting on the thighs. I have a lot of heads with necks that I would like to upgrade to bodies such as this. I'm not even going to attempt skin tone matching..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MarkEl wrote:It reminds me of the AT011 but with the flexible neck option.  Is this also the more economical version like that?  Their figures are built like tanks and heavy but sometimes tricky to pose and balance.  They have a few things on the plate including Dad Bod and the quasi-Michael Douglas set.  I like WB.  Always a bit different.  

I agree. And I also like WB, its sturdiness, detail (like their second and improved hairy body), variations (the fat and dad bods -- don't have that last one yet; they even have a zombie body I don't have), and completeness. But, I am also not blind to the limitations -- the muscle bodies have limited articulation because of the muscles and fewer double joints (though the narrow shoulder bodies don't have those limitations), and they are a bit heavy with a high center of gravity, hence the trickiness... Still, along with HT and DAM, they are among my three favorite seamed bodies.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
For my purposes, bodies like this design are far more useful than the heavily muscled ones. Designers seem to think that if we like sculpted muscles, we don't want double hinged joints. I like the muscled bodies, but I get frustrated with their limited range of motion (comparable to a Classic Collection Joe). I'm going to give WB a try with this body.

MarkEl

All true about the shortcomings of the range of motion on the bulkier WB’s. They remind me a bit of Kaustic in this respect, but with a much better quality of build and detail. Of all my figures, WB has the best body painting . With AT-003 (Michael Rooker) especially, there is a really subtle and realistic layered skin complexion with variation, blotches and freckles. Most manufactures don’t make an effort like this.

maywong

I like this body. I might have to try one out.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Still not sure it has the right neck angle for a proper prone aiming head, but, it's close. Overall though, it looks like a great body and may be a better alternative to a TT. They should clone these instead of them!

CHEERS!

Ephiane

Ephiane
That looks like excellent for posing !

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I'm going to buy a case of it!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Rogerbee wrote:Still not sure it has the right neck angle for a proper prone aiming head, but, it's close. Overall though, it looks like a great body and may be a better alternative to a TT. They should clone these instead of them!

CHEERS!

--

Rogerbee:

The MSRP is so reasonable, they don't need to be cloned because there won't be much of a price difference for a clone asides from variations in quality.

I'm going to buy a case of the real deal.

Scott45

so what is the MSRP? 20, 30, or higher?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:The MSRP is so reasonable, they don't need to be cloned because there won't be much of a price difference for a clone asides from variations in quality.

I’m with you. World Box bodies are seriously good quality. I’m so tired of these shit bodies that have sloppy loose joints, and can’t stand on their own, or hold a pose. For some unknown reason, I keep being told Coo Model makes good affordable bodies. Yeah... affordable; good? No. Those bodies are junk. Hot Toys TTMs the best? Mmm, not really, and so over-priced (like all their stuff) that there not even a feasible recommendation; and their clones are pure trash. If I have to buy a jointed male body, I won’t settle for anything less than World Box, quality wise.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

at025 - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:The MSRP is so reasonable, they don't need to be cloned because there won't be much of a price difference for a clone asides from variations in quality.

I’m with you. World Box bodies are seriously good quality. I’m so tired of these shit bodies that have sloppy loose joints, and can’t stand on their own, or hold a pose. For some unknown reason, I keep being told Coo Model makes good affordable bodies. Yeah... affordable; good? No. Those bodies are junk. Hot Toys TTMs the best? Mmm, not really, and so over-priced (like all their stuff) that there not even a feasible recommendation; and their clones are pure trash. If I have to buy a jointed male body, I won’t settle for anything less than World Box, quality wise.

--

I own a few HT TT bodies and also HT clone bodies. The HT clone bodies I have are fine considering the price I paid. I had to tighten the screws on the elbow and knee joints on all of them. I also had to futz the ankle peg sockets with Testor's clear cement and let it dry so it'll add tension for the ankle pegs/feet. The HT clone bodies considering the price I paid are very reasonable.

I own one (1) World Box muscular body and that body is rock solid. That is why I'm really looking forward to this one. The price is a few bucks than the HT clone body I still buy when needed, but I'm willing to splurge.

It's like deciding to up size to a larger meal at your favorite fast food joint.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
World Box bodies are really sturdy and hard to damage. The joints are reasonably tight and strong. Only (minor) issue is that because of how dense and heavy the parts are, the body's center of gravity is a bit high, making it a little easier for it to loose balance and tip over. That would not result in damage to the body itself, but whatever you put on it or under it might possibly be in danger.
I plan to pick up a few (2-4) of these, depending on how they turn out.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I wonder if World Box would ever consider designing/producing a reasonably price jointed female body that is overall pleasant to the eye in terms of nuanced physiques (i.e. at least a full medium bodice with proper proportions) and also with durability and heft?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I wonder if World Box would ever consider designing/producing a reasonably price jointed female body that is overall pleasant to the eye in terms of nuanced physiques (i.e. at least a full medium bodice with proper proportions) and also with durability and heft?

That's a good question. I don't think any female WB bodies exist yet. That said, philosophically, I haven't really considered (open) joined female bodies since Phicen's first steel skeleton.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
What I was trying to say was that the TT design has its flaws, in particular the ankles. I've always hated that design and it has always proven to be the weakest point on all the HT bodies I've ever had. It was a popular body though, so everyone copied it, including those dratted ankles. Enterbay didn't do that, they went with, and pretty much perfected, the design you see on the Worldbox bodies. WB copied EB, the legs, the knees, ankles and feet all follow EB's template. Every one of the bodies I have that have that design haven't let me down once. You pose them and that's it, they stay posed. I do have more TT's and clones than them in my collection, but, each and every one of them has toppled thanks to those stupid ankles!

The main reason I went with TT's was that they were the best available at the time that had the heights, builds and necks I wanted. Now though, I just had a quick scan through the eBay listings for WB and it does look as though they do a body that would suit every need I have! What I would love to see is a pic of all of those bodies side by side so I can properly assess heights and builds.

CHEERS!

MarkEl

Speaking of TTMs. I wonder which one this WB most closely approximates. It seems more on the slim side, more TTM22 than TTM18. It’s hard to tell, but I hope it is as it will be easier to kit out in layered outfits

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

If that's the price and it doesn't get marked up excessively, it would be quite good.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

If that's the price and it doesn't get marked up excessively, it would be quite good.

Oh, you know it probably will be (probably another $10 at least).

(Update): Ha! Ekia Hobbies has it up for PO at $29.99 ($29.06 PO price).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm considering picking one of these up as a replacement for another body that has developed annoying loose joints. But before I do, need to know if it is -- or can be -- compatible with Hot Toys footwear? Surprise, surprise, I'm trying to upgrade one of my Anakin kitbashes, and he needs to be able to wear the HT boots. But I can't figure out if the ankle on this body can be converted to work with that or not....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a number of these bodies. What does the inside of the SW Anakin boot look like? Is it a ball socket, like most figures, or is it a weird peg setup?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum