OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

God Jol! Happy Holidays from the World of House of Seasons!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BAMComix

Absolutely spectacular Adam! I love the individual character styles, they all look so different and genuinely excited to be at the Holiday gathering! All the details really bring the whole shoot together, you can almost hear the excitement of them all opening their presents, laughing and joking with each other and all those selfies! The small band flyer was a great touch, to see the Faithless Angels on the same bill as your band is really special!
I wish I had time to have finished, well in truth started my pub holiday party, but there's always next year! Very Happy
Your love for these characters really shows through in these pictures, it was one hell of a post too! In fact, this is probably one of, if not the best party gathering shoot I have seen! I hope they all enjoyed their presents! bounce bounce bounce

ReverendSpooky

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh I didn't really notice discontinuity. With a background/diorama this rich, it is difficult to notice -- just as it would be difficult to keep track of things that got knocked over. It worked out great either way.

As for the heads, I see. Yes, you shouldn't mess up these heads -- they are key to your style and work beautifully -- and I say that as someone who's generally all about realism! I know nothing about this line, but if it is safe to drill more, you could fill up the hole with (a) foamies or (b) sticky putty and then be able to adjust exactly where you want the head to sit either in general or for specific looks/shots. But if you haven't tried already, experiment on something before you mess up any of your beautiful creations.

Thanks Guv!  Yeah, unfortunately any deeper and the heads just sit way too low.  I'll have to post some detail shots some day to further illustrate.  But the filler piece may just be the lesser evil, and for now I've made peace with it.  

And yeah, real stuff gets knocked over and rearranged at parties all the time, so not really an issue, but just thought it was funny that here is all this evidence of complete disasters lurking in the background details, and no one would ever know.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed like everyone else I'm very impressed! That is one that is one amazing looking diorama with all it cool little details and beautiful tree.

Happy Holidays my friend.

Thanks so much Badwolf!!  I did a lot of searching for just the right tree, and really like this one I ended up with.

skywalkersaga wrote:Another stunning dio and photo series from this 'verse! You skillfully captured the festive atmosphere here, everything about the whole set-up felt true to life for a group of young people hanging out at a party.  The ladies all look so cute in their holiday outfits! I'm guessing you made some of those by hand yourself? And the gift-giving was handled so well. Likewise, the body language and interactions, the glances at each other.... all so natural and very well done.

And later, the fact the girls all changed out of their dresses and into more comfy clothing for the sleepover... that felt pretty spot-on as well, lol.

Absolutely ADORED the mistletoe -- you know I always appreciate some romantic moments in storylines, and this certainly delivered in spades. Abel and Isblomma were an espectially charming surprise. ;'D

Was that BAMComix's band opening for Ghosts on the Radio?! Nice little easter egg!

Several unexpected things.... seeing Lorelei turn up was a surprise in and of itself, but then having her change into a party dress, flirt with Corbin, and then disappear into thin air, leaving the party dress behind...lmaooo. That was priceless! Glad to see a ghost girl havin' some fun. 😅

The other unexpected thing was Koda appearing, I'm presuming he only revealed himself to Alice? Loved that! I am rooting for them. 🥰

Overall, this photo story worked so well because you'd already introduced all the characters on their own beforehand, so it felt all the more immersive since we already were familiar with their personalities, backstories, and dynamics. Thanks so much for creating this delightful holiday gift!✨

Thank you so much Skywalkersaga!!!!  I so wanted to capture that feel, so I'm ecstatic that it comes across.  And yes, holiday outfits for all (including a complete fail of a flower dress I attempted), and mid scene outfit changes for everyone!  What the hell was I thinking!?  Laughing I liked working in some subtle details too, like Alice bringing an overnight bag, while Isblomma not knowing to, and how a spare t-shirt is not an option for someone with horns.

I'm a sucker for romantic moments too, and I couldn't resist introducing a lot of them here.  I really should figure out a way to add some text throughout, although I'm continuously overjoyed by how much comes across just in photos alone.  Since Isblomma has started spending time with Delia and Thornapple, she's been introduced to a ton of music for the 1st time, and has been completely, powerfully taken by it (and why they got her a record player of her own as a present).  So she and Abel REALLY hit it off when they met.  He stayed up all night to make her a mix tape too, is about as good as it gets.

That won't be the last you see of Ghost on the Radio and  Faithless Angels billed together!  Maybe the world of House of Seasons won't be the only place you see them either...

And poor Lorelei has had a hard year, getting killed and all, and probably deserved a nice holiday more than any one.  In life, she was extremely bookish, so this was probably her 1st real party, and she definitely cut loose.  Death has definitely made her a bit more impulsive too.

And I was long overdue to bring Koda back into things!  Yeah, he kinda snuck in just to see Alice, and he's still a ways from joining a party.  He's still technically supposed to kill her, but she really believes he never could, and there is an undeniably intense connection between them.  I'm not sure I got into it in previous posts, but the handles of his knives are all made from his own bones.  His regeneration is so powerful that he can regrow lost limbs, although maintains a connection to any parts of himself that are separated from him.  So when he shows up to see Alice, he warns her of imminent dangers and gives her one of his finger bones, so he can always find her.  He didn't think to gift wrap it though.

I totally had the same thing in mind with wanting to introduce all characters ahead of time, so scenes like this would have the most impact!  I really wanted to introduce Krysa (the only new character here) before this shoot, but there just wasn't enough time to get that done AND get this up while it was still the holiday season.  But she's next up, and lots of fun planned for her as well.  But most of all, just so happy to share this bit of holiday festiveness, and so beyond thrilled you enjoyed.  Thanks so much for all the comments!!!!  Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.

Diana wrote:Holy cow! That must have been so much work!! And totally worth it, I enjoyed every shot. I also like where the cats show up. ^^

Love your posing. Always very believable.

Thank you Diana!!!  So happy to be able to share, and so glad you enjoyed.  

Valiarde wrote:You probably intended one big strip of action, but some Quentin Tarantino style headlines from time to time would also be nice Razz

Epic story and I appreciate all the time to invest into this. That is what makes this hobby so great

Need to watch in a quiet minute..hour again to soak it all in.

Thank you Valiarde!!!  Take your time, it's a beast of a post! Even as I was putting it together, I was thinking "my god, it this just too much?!" Laughing And I agree, I need to figure out a way add some text elements along the way (I mean I technically know how to do it, I just mean aesthetically, and how to best make it serve the flow of the story).  Some details I just can't convey through photos alone, although I've been filling in a bit in the comments here as well.  Very Happy

brassco wrote:When my friends came to my place for some end of year gatherings, they admired my figures. But i told them i am still far behind in this hobby compared to other hobbyists i knew. Then i showed them this page, and they couldn't believe it!!

Merry Xmas!

Ah, Brassco, that means so much to hear!!!  Thank you so much.  I feel all the time like I still have so much to learn in this hobby too, so I completely hear you.  Merry Xmas to you too!!!

BAMComix wrote:Absolutely spectacular Adam! I love the individual character styles, they all look so different and genuinely excited to be at the Holiday gathering! All the details really bring the whole shoot together, you can almost hear the excitement of them all opening their presents, laughing and joking with each other and all those selfies! The small band flyer was a great touch, to see the Faithless Angels on the same bill as your band is really special!
I wish I had time to have finished, well in truth started my pub holiday party, but there's always next year! Very Happy
Your love for these characters really shows through in these pictures, it was one hell of a post too! In fact, this is probably one of, if not the best party gathering shoot I have seen! I hope they all enjoyed their presents! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks so much BAMComix!!!  I am completely overjoyed I could get across that excitement, those feelings, and this party atmosphere.  I think we could all use it this year, even if vicariously through 1/6.  This was my way of trying to share a bit of that spirit with everyone here too.  

And that definitely won't be the last we see of these flyers (and it was so fun getting to do them!)  

I completely understand not getting to your photoshoot.  The holidays are so brutal!  If I hadn't already invested so much time in prepping for this shoot, I might have bailed on it myself.  I genuinely considered a couple times.  But getting to share with you all, and the great response has made it completely worth it.  Still looking forward to seeing more of the Ammo Arms in the new year!  There are plenty of other excuses pack the bar and turn up the jukebox!

http://reverendspooky.com

BAMComix

ReverendSpooky wrote:

BAMComix wrote:Absolutely spectacular Adam! I love the individual character styles, they all look so different and genuinely excited to be at the Holiday gathering! All the details really bring the whole shoot together, you can almost hear the excitement of them all opening their presents, laughing and joking with each other and all those selfies! The small band flyer was a great touch, to see the Faithless Angels on the same bill as your band is really special!

Thanks so much BAMComix!!!  I am completely overjoyed I could get across that excitement, those feelings, and this party atmosphere.  I think we could all use it this year, even if vicariously through 1/6.  This was my way of trying to share a bit of that spirit with everyone here too.  

And that definitely won't be the last we see of these flyers (and it was so fun getting to do them!)  

I completely understand not getting to your photoshoot.  The holidays are so brutal!  If I hadn't already invested so much time in prepping for this shoot, I might have bailed on it myself.  I genuinely considered a couple times.  But getting to share with you all, and the great response has made it completely worth it.  Still looking forward to seeing more of the Ammo Arms in the new year!  There are plenty of other excuses pack the bar and turn up the jukebox!

I shall look forward to the follow up holidays shoot, when it happens, be cool too see what they get up to next! Very Happy
I am sure there will be lots of opportunities soon for another party at the Ammo Arms Laughing

Dr. Dahk'nezz

Now this is GREAT! The photos are so well done and I gotta say that you put together an incredible dio! And the cast of characters? Very inspiring. I've got a ways to go, no doubt...lol...I'll be checking out more of your stuff!

davidd

davidd
Seeing Lorelei the Ghost Girl from the asylum appear... literally appear... at the holiday party made me feel so happy I had tears in my eyes! Then to see her actually having fun, and pretty much becoming one of the gang was truly a delightful turn in her story.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Somehow I missed this (probably because I wasn't very active over the holidays here), but it's just another epically intimate (oxymoron?) photostory from you. So much detail there's something new everytime you look. But that's not what makes it great. It's the emotion and the joy you can feel, even knowing these are silicone/steel/plastic inanimate figures, you just have a way of making them live on the screen for us. (I know, I've reacted this way before so I'm a broken record, but it's how I feel) God Jol to you!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Dr. Dahk'nezz wrote:Now this is GREAT! The photos are so well done and I gotta say that you put together an incredible dio! And the cast of characters? Very inspiring. I've got a ways to go, no doubt...lol...I'll be checking out more of your stuff!

Thank you Dr! So glad you enjoyed!

davidd wrote:Seeing Lorelei the Ghost Girl from the asylum appear... literally appear... at the holiday party made me feel so happy I had tears in my eyes! Then to see her actually having fun, and pretty much becoming one of the gang was truly a delightful turn in her story.

So happy you enjoyed! Yeah, she's definitely sticking around, and will be lots more to her story. Delia keeps the necklace she's bound to, although there will be some adjustments sometimes to having a new ghost roomate. After getting killed this year, she really deserved some fun, right? I really felt the same way about making her a part of this group.

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Somehow I missed this (probably because I wasn't very active over the holidays here), but it's just another epically intimate (oxymoron?) photostory from you. So much detail there's something new everytime you look. But that's not what makes it great. It's the emotion and the joy you can feel, even knowing these are silicone/steel/plastic inanimate figures, you just have a way of making them live on the screen for us. (I know, I've reacted this way before so I'm a broken record, but it's how I feel) God Jol to you!

Thank you!!! I really wanted to capture a lot of their character an interactions on this, so I'm so deeply happy hearing that came through. I think a lot of us were really missing some holiday interactions this past year, so I may have been living a bit vicariously through this party, and channeling a lot of that on this shoot. God Jol!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Absolutely incredible photoshoot... This is probably the best Christmas Special in 1/6 format I have ever seen. I will never tire of seeing your characters interact in this loft diorama, there is so much detail and something different to appreciate with each angle you take shots from. I love all the character designs and tailoring, as well as their alternate outfits - it was almost overwhelming seeing them all together in a single massive post, but such a treat as always. Awe-inspiring work on all accounts, and might I remind you it was when I randomly came across your 1/6 photography through a simple Google search, that I was inspired to take up the hobby seriously myself. And your craftsmanship continues to be an inspiration and magical viewing experience with each new gallery; thank you for sharing your intricate universes with us all here, and keep it coming!!!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm revisiting this now that we've been introduced to all the characters in these scenes, and I'm catching all kinds of little things. The first time around I was so overwhelmed I didn't fully take in all the various gifts everyone received...the amount of work that must have gone into creating those gifts alone is incredible! Likewise, I can imagine you must have had fun decorating that mini Yule tree. And Krysa wearing nothing but an apron and her black underwear reminds me of that scene in Empire Records... ;p

One thing that I only just noticed.... is there an in-story reason why Berlin wasn't at the party?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
Oh my....

well... my eternal and fervent envy for this diorama is with you... always and forever (yes, I know that meaning is covered by eternal, just wanted to stress it)

No need to list all the stuff I consider cool and awesome... just EVERY bloody damn thing in this... (ok, let's pick the stair case for special praise).

The posing is sooooo delightful all over.... (picking the one with Krysa in her apron making eggs)... will certainly revisit this post

I am so floored - not sure I will ever get up again. Just stay down for my convenience, I guess.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Absolutely incredible photoshoot... This is probably the best Christmas Special in 1/6 format I have ever seen. I will never tire of seeing your characters interact in this loft diorama, there is so much detail and something different to appreciate with each angle you take shots from. I love all the character designs and tailoring, as well as their alternate outfits - it was almost overwhelming seeing them all together in a single massive post, but such a treat as always. Awe-inspiring work on all accounts, and might I remind you it was when I randomly came across your 1/6 photography through a simple Google search, that I was inspired to take up the hobby seriously myself. And your craftsmanship continues to be an inspiration and magical viewing experience with each new gallery; thank you for sharing your intricate universes with us all here, and keep it coming!!!

Ah, Can't believe I left this comment unanswered so long!   Thanks so much AlKelAstra.  My biggest hope is always to be able to draw you into this world for a little bit, so that means a ton to hear.  And hearing you found my work inspiring is huge to me, and it's paid off in how much I've enjoyed all the incredible work you've shown.  Seriously, just epic and utterly distinctive, and if I've inspired you at all, I've already been rewarded tenfold.  Can't thank you enough for the kind words.

skywalkersaga wrote:I'm revisiting this now that we've been introduced to all the characters in these scenes, and I'm catching all kinds of little things. The first time around I was so overwhelmed I didn't fully take in all the various gifts everyone received...the amount of work that must have gone into creating those gifts alone is incredible! Likewise, I can imagine you must have had fun decorating that mini Yule tree. And Krysa wearing nothing but an apron and her black underwear reminds me of that scene in Empire Records... ;p

One thing that I only just noticed.... is there an in-story reason why Berlin wasn't at the party?

Ah, I'm so happy you came back around for another look, and especially that you're finding all these details!  And my god, you're so right.  I actually kinda agonized over presents.  Corbin totally has a toy collection, and all of those robots are individually painted, most experimenting with different effects, with specifically designed packaging.  Isblomma is discovering she loves music, so they got her a record player of her own.  The flower they gave Alice has mystical properties, and only grows in the lands of Autumn, now lost to the blight.  The box is actually from Autumn's capital, bought on the black market and probably looted as the city and castle was evacuated.  Krysa just like flashy jewelry and hitting things.  

And holy crap, that DEFINITELY must be the effects of that Empire Records scene, lurking in the back of my mind.  What a fantastic movie.

As far as Jeff and Berlin's absence, they're actually way more Abel's friend's than they are aquainted with the rest of the group.  Delia actually kinda doesn't like Berlin, and thinks she's a bit cold and aloof, while grudgingly admitting that she is ridiculously cool and an incredible musician.  What Delia doesn't know is that Berlin is completely intimidated by her, is actually a bit awkward, and really wishes they could be friends.  We'll see if that changes any time soon Very Happy

Illusion wrote:Oh my....

well... my eternal and fervent envy for this diorama is with you... always and forever (yes, I know that meaning is covered by eternal, just wanted to stress it)

No need to list all the stuff I consider cool and awesome... just EVERY bloody damn thing in this... (ok, let's pick the stair case for special praise).

The posing is sooooo delightful all over.... (picking the one with Krysa in her apron making eggs)... will certainly revisit this post

I am so floored - not sure I will ever get up again. Just stay down for my convenience, I guess.

Yes!!!  I'm always aiming for the knockout!  Razz   So incredibly glad you enjoyed!  I had so much fun with this shoot and so happy it comes through.  And yeah, it is definitely shot with the hopes of repeat visits.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ah, I'm so happy you came back around for another look, and especially that you're finding all these details!  And my god, you're so right.  I actually kinda agonized over presents.  Corbin totally has a toy collection, and all of those robots are individually painted, most experimenting with different effects, with specifically designed packaging.  Isblomma is discovering she loves music, so they got her a record player of her own.  The flower they gave Alice has mystical properties, and only grows in the lands of Autumn, now lost to the blight.  The box is actually from Autumn's capital, bought on the black market and probably looted as the city and castle was evacuated.  Krysa just like flashy jewelry and hitting things.  

I could tell each gift choice was painstakingly made, not to mention the items themselves very well crafted! Not only does it reflect how much you yourself love these characters, but it also helps to draw us viewers further into their world and connect with them emotionally.

ReverendSpooky wrote:And holy crap, that DEFINITELY must be the effects of that Empire Records scene, lurking in the back of my mind.  What a fantastic movie.

Oh yes...an absolute classic. HUGELY formative for my 90s teenage self.. :'D  

ReverendSpooky wrote:As far as Jeff and Berlin's absence, they're actually way more Abel's friend's than they are aquainted with the rest of the group.  Delia actually kinda doesn't like Berlin, and thinks she's a bit cold and aloof, while grudgingly admitting that she is ridiculously cool and an incredible musician.  What Delia doesn't know is that Berlin is completely intimidated by her, is actually a bit awkward, and really wishes they could be friends.  We'll see if that changes any time soon

LOL, sorry, I forgot to mention Jeff!! (Poor Jeff!! XD )

And aww, I do hope they will find a way to get over their wariness /awkwardness of one another...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum