OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
If you're just checking out the world of House of Seasons, you can find a bit of background here:

Alice of Autumn, and the World of House of Seasons
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t755-alice-of-autumn-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Isblomma of Winter
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t855-isblomma-of-winter-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Thornapple Maudslay
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t955-thornapple-maudsley-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Koda
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1113-koda-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Delia Rhildreth
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2770-delia-rhildreth-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

And now...

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin017_orig

From a young age, the Lenkov brothers were notorious in Dog's Warf.

Corbin and Abel were born three years apart, their mother leaving shortly after Abel was born, leaving them with a father who spent most of his time drunk. The Lenkovs were neighbors with the Maudslays, who took it upon themselves to do whatever they could for the boys. They welcomed them both of them into their home, and provided the only real structure and sense of family in both boys' lives. Corbin was fascinated by Abraham Maudslay, Thornapple's father, and took every opportunity to spend time with him in the family's machine shop, learning everything he could. Growing up very closely with Thornapple and her best friend, Delia, both the same age as Abel, the four were practically inseparable, and Corbin has always been extremely protective of all three. When the war against The Blight began, Thornapple's parents both were pulled into the war effort. Still young and with little structure in their lives, the kids found plenty of time to get into trouble, and petty theft and mischief continued to escalate until they attracted the attention of a local gang, The Savage Nation. As the oldest of the group, Corbin did his best to focus all of their attention on him, starting out as a lookout, runner, and cornerboy for the gang. The bit of money he took in allowed him to help out in his family, and he realized he had a knack for the life that would draw him deeper and deeper into that world.

Corbin was thirteen when their father found local factory work in support of the war effort, in the manufacturing of Vandervelt Crystal Arrays. The Blight devoured and twisted magikal energies, leaving the lands themselves devoid of any powers for witches to draw upon. These barren lands became one of the biggest obstacles for witches fighting the war in blighted territories. The crystal arrays were developed to transport arcane energies over great distances, a technological turning point. But construction was extremely dangerous, and the crystals could be very volatile until properly refined and housed. The explosion at the Paulsburg Facility would claim the lives of over five hundred workers, and leave Corbin and Abel orphaned. While ruled as an accident, many still believe it was sabotage.

His father's death, as well as the death of Thornapple's mother the year before (who had been far more family to him than his own father) eroded what little normality Corbin had in his life, and his involvement with The Savage Nation continued to deepen. Angry at the world, his aggression and constant fighting ingratiated him with the gang, and by seventeen, he had earned his place as a respected enforcer. Abraham tried his best to steer Corbin off of the path he was taking, but he always knew there was only so much he could do for the boy.

For years, The Savage Nation had been at war with a rival group called The Disciples of Violence, a constant push and pull for power in Dog's Warf. It all culminated in a brutal battle that lasted three days, and became known as The War of Blood and Ash. Corbin avoids talking about his role in the carnage, but by the end, both gangs suffered heavy losses. Many from both sides were arrested, Corbin among them, and were offered a choice: prison time, or a full pardon in exchange for enlisting in service of the Four Great Houses in the war against The Blight. As more and more territories were lost, and stories of horror were told about the blighted lands, many opted for prison. Corbin took the deal.

The Great Houses were losing the war. The Blight was an enemy like no other before, twisting reality and able to taint those it touched. Regular soldiers were especially susceptible, as magik offered some protection, and as so many witches were lost, each death brought them closer to complete annihilation. Occult think tanks were formed with the goal of creating new magikal applications, one of the most successful being the development of a powerful ritual spell to be known as Ostermann's Crux, and the forming of a special operations force called The Breakers. Each Breaker platoon is organized around a central War Witch, and Ostermann's Crux allows her to channel magik energies from a focal point to all the soldiers under her command. With no innate magik abilities of their own, the spell makes them stronger, faster, more aggressive, resilient, dulls pain, and offers some protection against the effects of The Blight. A supernatural shock troop, they were deployed into some of the most dangerous battles in the war. Because blighted enemies often developed abnormal physiology, weapons were developed to inflict absolute and overwhelming damage, and standard equipment include the H-26v chain-driven rotating blade system, usually called the Hungry Knife, or HK for short. They were also issued a PMW-4, Personal Magikast Weapon, a double barreled handgun that could be loaded with individual shells, each able to fire off a single destructive spell. Most Breakers insist the acronym really stands for "poor man's witch" or simply refer to the weapon as the Spell Chucker.

In The Breakers, Corbin excelled, engaging in a series of successful campaigns across the blighted lands. He enjoyed the camaraderie of his platoon, men and women who often came from similar backgrounds to his own, some even old friends from The Savage Nation that he was reunited with. And he was good at it. Ferocious in battle, he was cool under pressure, quick thinking, and well respected by his peers and commanding officers. The war was beginning to turn, and he had started to feel like he had found the place that he belonged. That was until the Massacre of Raynsford's Keep.

Considered one of the single bloodiest battles in the war, tens of thousands were lost in a single battle. They were deep in blighted territories, when they encountered monstrosities like they had never seen before. The creatures of The Blight had continued to adapt and evolve, to grow and change. Any routes of escape were cut off, and the remaining forces made their stand in the ruins of the old Raynsford Castle. Corbin lost his left arm in the battle and as he lay bleeding on the roof of the keep, he was dragged aboard the burning remains of the airship The WIV Birger, barely making it back to safety.

Corbin insisted on returning to active duty as soon as he was able, and was fitted for a mechanical arm, grafted by occult technologies. He trained with it constantly until it was almost as natural as his own, and continued his service resolutely, although troubled nightly by bad dreams.

He was stationed close to home when the Blight reached the walls of Equinox. He was deployed immediately, and was on the front lines of the city's defense in the decisive battle. His leg was severely injured, tainted by The Blight, but he continued to fight, knowing this would be the end for him. He was again pulled to safety, only minutes before the casting of the Syncretic Cataclysm Evocation, the powerful spell that raised the Great Wall, destroying everything for three miles beyond and creating the sea of glass.

While able to purge the Blight infection, no magik has been able to heal his leg completely, and he would require a brace for it for the rest of his life. He received multiple honors and commendations, and was honorably discharged. Returning to Dog's Warf, he has opened a small shop where he tattoos, and takes on odd mechanical jobs to make ends meet. But as his childhood friends become more involved in the secret histories and shadowy conspiracies that shaped their world, it is only a matter of time before Corbin finds himself pulled in as well.

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin001_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin002_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin003_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin004_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin005_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin006_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin007_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin008_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin009_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin010_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin011_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin012_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin013_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin014_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin015_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin016_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin018_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin019_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin020_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin021_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin022_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin023_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin024_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin025_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin026_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin027_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin008_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin009_orig

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons Corbin010_orig

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy to see you're still working on your characters. And what a cool character this is. The goggled look seemed particularly suitable for a Corbin (don't know why, it just did); the unmasked one was the most creative use of a Ryan Gosling head sculpt I've ever seen (this is it, right?). The dioramas and clothing and accessories were just as perfect (in a gritty post-apocalyptic way) as ever in your builds. And the conversion of the TBLeague body with the mechanical arm is most impressive. Well done. And don't be a stranger.

csyeung

csyeung
Another awesome character and posing!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Incredible work! I love the mechanical arm, did you make that yourself? The hair also is a great detail, especially for a male figure Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, what a refreshing TREAT to come online and see this thread here! :')

I don't even know where to start with this guy -- he's awesome! Loving this mech-armed ginger badass! I honestly couldn't even place the sculpt, you transformed him so thoroughly...

His outfit is so well put together, as is the rest of his gear. The green colour scheme works perfectly with his red hair. The headsculpt gives him a bit of extra realism while the overall design still retains that signature anime-ish vibe to go along with the rest of the House of Seasons crew.

The ARM!!! WOW!! I'm amazed by that... so unique, even as crazy cyber arms go, and the weathering and detail on it is stunning. It also appears to be articulated to some degree, which makes it even more impressive. Would love to know more about how you put that together. ^.^

Your dio really shines here as well. In some pics, I found myself so drawn in by not only the figure, but also the background details. The paintjob and weathering on everythng is gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it all!

I greatly enjoyed reading his backstory and can't wait to see him in future storylines with the others.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Happy to see you're still working on your characters. And what a cool character this is. The goggled look seemed particularly suitable for a Corbin (don't know why, it just did); the unmasked one was the most creative use of a Ryan Gosling head sculpt I've ever seen (this is it, right?). The dioramas and clothing and accessories were just as perfect (in a gritty post-apocalyptic way) as ever in your builds. And the conversion of the TBLeague body with the mechanical arm is most impressive. Well done. And don't be a stranger.

Thank you GubernatorFan!!!  I am still hanging in.  Work may be actively trying to kill me with long hours and stress, which is why I've been MIA around here.  But I've been actually projecting like a fiend, in pretty much any spare time I have, and I have so much fun new stuff to share.

Corbin really is a guy-with-goggles kinda name, isn't it?  And you're spot on with the Gosling sculpt.  Maybe it's a lot of the roles he's taken on, but he seemed perfect for a kinda troubled but likeable character. So glad you enjoy!  

csyeung wrote:Another awesome character and posing!

Thank you so much csyeung!!!

BAMComix wrote:Incredible work! I love the mechanical arm, did you make that yourself? The hair also is a great detail, especially for a male figure Very Happy

Thank you BAMComix!!!  The arm is a combination of 1/4 scale Terminator parts, a 7" Pacific Rim figure leg, and a gundam hand (I think).  Lots of reconfiguring and repainting, but I feel pretty good about the result.  So glad you like it!

skywalkersaga wrote:Ahh, what a refreshing TREAT to come online and see this thread here! :')

I don't even know where to start with this guy -- he's awesome! Loving this mech-armed ginger badass! I honestly couldn't even place the sculpt, you transformed him so thoroughly...

His outfit is so well put together, as is the rest of his gear. The green colour scheme works perfectly with his red hair. The headsculpt gives him a bit of extra realism while the overall design still retains that signature anime-ish vibe to go along with the rest of the House of Seasons crew.

The ARM!!! WOW!! I'm amazed by that... so unique, even as crazy cyber arms go, and the weathering and detail on it is stunning. It also appears to be articulated to some degree, which makes it even more impressive. Would love to know more about how you put that together. ^.^

Your dio really shines here as well. In some pics, I found myself so drawn in by not only the figure, but also the background details. The paintjob and weathering on everythng is gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it all!

I greatly enjoyed reading his backstory and can't wait to see him in future storylines with the others.

skywalkersaga!!!!  Thank you so much.  Seriously, that means a ton to hear.  I always worry about maintaining that somewhat stylized aesthetic with the HOS stuff, and took a chance on this head.  And I'm so happy to hear his look came together, and works for his character.

And the arm is actually articulated as hell, right down to the fingers.  Check out my response to BAMComix above for a part list.  It was tricky to keep is as functional as possible, but totally worth it (and come one, was there ever any other option for me Wink  ).  And it actually disconnects too (who wants to sleep and shower with a giant metal arm?) and I'll have to get some fun pics of that soon too.  

And so relieved the background works!  I cobbled together everything just to give the photos some extra visual interest, so it's a huge relief it pulls it off.  And that you're not sick of the warehouse walls!  It's become a go-to option to shoot against for a lot of figures, so I always hope things start to look too monotonous while I build my diorama arsenal.

And just so elated you are enjoying the story! I got to go deep into some story lore here, and was so excited to share.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hear birthday felicitations are in order. Happy Birthday and many happy returns! May you meet with success in all your ventures and hopes. Judging by this custom character, your hobby will be no exception.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That story was so involved I had to take my time with it. Great character and backstory. Really well done, Adam. How did you pull off the mechanical arm (no pun intended)?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Another of your totally awesome creations. I am just blown away! This is your best one yet!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:I hear birthday felicitations are in order. Happy Birthday and many happy returns! May you meet with success in all your ventures and hopes. Judging by this custom character, your hobby will be no exception.

Thank you!!! Off to a great start (and seriously, what better birthday present than the resurrection of a bunch of my threads?!) and plan to spend the rest of my weekend home in 1/6 project nirvana. Couldn't be happier.

Stryker2011 wrote:That story was so involved I had to take my time with it. Great character and backstory. Really well done, Adam. How did you pull off the mechanical arm (no pun intended)?

Ah, thanks so much Stryker!!! Yeah, I ended up going deep on backstory on this one. The more I wrote, the more details about the world just kinda came together, and the more fun I had with it.

And "pulled off" is totally the right term! After cutting the rubber, I actually popped the metal arm right out of the socket, and then use a big bolt to anchor the base of the arm right into the metal skeleton, and then sealed the rubber to it with zap-a-gap (love that stuff). Arm itself is a combination of 1/4 scale Terminator parts, a 7" Pacific Rim figure leg, and a Gundam hand (I think). Super posable, right down to the fingers. It was a blast to build.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Another of your totally awesome creations.  I am just blown away!  This is your best one yet!

Thank you PhotogsBlog!!! I couldn't be happier with how he came out, and so glad you enjoyed!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Now that's a cool dude, that mechanical arm is amazing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Corbin Lenkov - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
List time:

- carrot top + olive shirt (+arm) is just how it was intended to be

- armageddon

- holding the cigarette is just beautiful, please do something similar with Whiskey

- love those magically supercharged super grunt tactics. It  totally reads like it could be lore for a board game, card game, real time strategy, multiplayer/team shooter, RPG class etc

- Veteran coming home vibe, war hero tattoo artist (with only one visible.tatto.though, but I know you will expend it)

- HE WIELDS THE CHAINSWORD, HE IS THE EMPERAH'S FURY!

- anyone remembering the sexy ginger boy calendar joke in the Seamless body painting thread? No?

- I guess he can always say that most and the best of his tats were on the missing arm, now he has to start over on the right one

- poor man's witch. Excellent, sir, excellent

- I really wonder about his character, sometimes the head sculpts alone resonate vibes connecting to character archetypes we know. I fell like he is a lot of that dude from Drive character wise, calm, badass, relentless or something.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Theboo-bomb wrote:Now that's a cool dude, that mechanical arm is amazing.

Thank you!!!  It went through a few incarnations, but I feel like I finally got it right.

Ovy wrote:List time:

- carrot top + olive shirt (+arm) is just how it was intended to be
As it should be!

Ovy wrote:- armageddon
...should be the name of the cybernetic/prosthetic company

Ovy wrote:- holding the cigarette is just beautiful, please do something similar with Whiskey
Ask, and you shall receive (in an upcoming photo shoot)

Ovy wrote:- love those magically supercharged super grunt tactics. It  totally reads like it could be lore for a board game, card game, real time strategy, multiplayer/team shooter, RPG class etc
 I would play that game.  Seriously, when will the game companies come calling?

Ovy wrote:- Veteran coming home vibe, war hero tattoo artist (with only one visible.tatto.though, but I know you will expend it)
yeah, he defintely covers some major tropes, although hopefully freshly approached in the context of this world.  

Ovy wrote:- HE WIELDS THE CHAINSWORD, HE IS THE EMPERAH'S FURY!
 Now that has GOT to be a Warhammer 40K reference

Ovy wrote:- anyone remembering the sexy ginger boy calendar joke in the Seamless body painting thread? No?
Well I guess I need to look that back up.  Can Corbin submit an entry to that?

Ovy wrote:- I guess he can always say that most and the best of his tats were on the missing arm, now he has to start over on the right one
My idea is that all his gang tattoos are on his body, where he can cover up (ok, they're really in the works).  He definitely had some on the arm he lost, and he plans to get some in his remaining right arm soon.  Yeah, that's the story I'm sticking with.

Ovy wrote:- poor man's witch. Excellent, sir, excellent
 I'm SO glad that went over well!  I felt really good about that one.  

Ovy wrote:- I really wonder about his character, sometimes the head sculpts alone resonate vibes connecting to character archetypes we know. I fell like he is a lot of that dude from Drive character wise, calm, badass, relentless or something.
That's actually a spot on comparison, and probably why I gravitated towards that head sculpt.  Ryan Gosling really does have that same kind of understated likeable charm too.  1st casting choice!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
WHOOOOAAAAA!!! I'm crazy about the whole design on this one; his rugged military-style outfit, the wild colorful hair, and all of his equipment and weapons. I know I tried my hand at my own Korbin the Cyborg a while back, lol...but you took things to a whole new level with yours. That mechanical arm is brilliantly done; I swear if there is ever an anime or video game with your style of character designs, I would watch/play the hell out of it.

Illusion

Illusion
well..... after having thought a while about how to express my admiration and excitement about both story, figure(s - when taking into account the links to the girls) and dio(s)... I came to the conclusion I can‘t. So I am just sitting here in silent awe aiming to attentively read all of your previous bits of the story/ies and indulge myself in the pics ...

Diana

Diana
Holy cow what a great figure! And a beautiful backstory!
And what a HUGE arm! Which I didn't even notice until reading about it, because apparently the overall design is so harmonious that it blended right in. ^^

My favorite shot is that of him sitting in that chair. Feels like a real serious personal moment without the big poses, which of course have their own beauty.

"You'd better get your (censored) together cause you're coming with. Tomorrow. At the break of dawn."

I do kinda miss a little oily smear on his arm and maybe on his face somewhere. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum