OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chip

My take on "Animal Mother " . From the Movie Full Metal Jacket .

" What do I think about the U.S. involvement in the war? .....We should win it " .

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  1-P1100670

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  2-P1100665

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  3-P1100681

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  4-P1100676

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  5-P1100669

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  7-P1100675

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  13-P1100036

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  14-P1100039

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  1-P1100041

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks excellent. I hope you realize that Adam Baldwin head sculpts exist (like this). Is this a place-holder? It reminds me of another guy.

Chip

Thank you GubernatorFan . I was aware of that sculpt , thanks for the heads up ( Pun intended ) Very Happy . But I prefer the one I chose . The one you pointed me too does not look mean enough for me . I think this sculpt was supposed to be Vin Diesel if that`s what you refer too as a place holder ? Glad you liked him , it took quite a lot of enjoyable hobby time to get him looking like this .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Thank you GubernatorFan .  I was aware of that sculpt , thanks for the heads up ( Pun intended ) Very Happy  . But I prefer the one I chose . The one you pointed me too does not look mean enough for me . I think this sculpt was supposed to be Vin Diesel if that`s what you refer too as a place holder ? Glad you liked him , it took quite a lot of enjoyable hobby time to get him looking like this .

I think so too (Vin). I get what you mean; maybe you can "weather" the head sculpt (Adam from Tet Offensive set) so it looks more appropriate for the look you're going for (I agree that it is rather clean/calm). Either way, the figure looks great.

Ovy

Ovy
Very striking, I think the young Vin head (from Private Ryan?) fits very well. Maybe he is the book interpretation or something.
I think the loose floating helmet strap might look great in a running and firing pose. 

He doesn't look like Baldwin either, but I like to play around with these two facepool heads of the same character, might work for a resting and a crazy running Animal Mother too.
You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  FPA02FPSP012

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  FP-A005-SC0012

Painted/graffitied a helmet cover once for a comission, it's so much fun.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic upgrade Chip! he really does look the business!

Chip

Thanks for the kind comments all , I like those heads Ovy , I never twigged they were supposed to be the same character , they look substantially different colour wise , likely the lighting . I wish they did more doubled up sculpts of the same character with different expression .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Very striking, I think the young Vin head (from Private Ryan?) fits very well. Maybe he is the book interpretation or something.
I think the loose floating helmet strap might look great in a running and firing pose. 

He doesn't look like Baldwin either, but I like to play around with these two facepool heads of the same character, might work for a resting and a crazy running Animal Mother too.
You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  FPA02FPSP012

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  FP-A005-SC0012

Painted/graffitied a helmet cover once for a comission, it's so much fun.

Ha! Like minds, Ovy. I have the top head, and thought about getting the bottom one for the same character, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Figure looks cool, chip. A bit more weathering on the helmet will help give him more of that “field” look, but otherwise he looks cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

You talk the talk , do you walk the walk ?  C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work, he looks very convincing!

GubernatorFan wrote:Looks excellent. I hope you realize that Adam Baldwin head sculpts exist (like this). Is this a place-holder? It reminds me of another guy.

Is that the "tet offensive" headsculpt? it doesnt look as grumpy as I remember from the promo shots...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Is that the "tet offensive" headsculpt? it doesnt look as grumpy as I remember from the promo shots...

Yes. Part of it might be the context; but it could use a bit of weathering if you want a more rugged look.

blackpool

blackpool
Just checked the promo shots again, that's my meory failing me, he already had a neutral expression... the likeness is very good anyway!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum