OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Chip

Thanks so much for the further comments and compliments , I have some more to show you . Smile

Chip

Another Englishmen Larry Burrows . Larry was a staff photographer for Life Magazine covering the Vietnam war , though he was also a war correspondent for a few other conflicts before the NAM , including Lebanon ,Iraq and the Congo . He is probably best known for his work in the NAM though . To me he was a very much in your face photographer , his photos don`t pull any punches and often tell some both harrowing and moving stories . He done what he could to live the lives what the Grunts were living , He flew with combat missions , lived on military bases and stayed in the thick of things even under enemy fire . Larry was killed in 1971 along with some other journalists , when the chopper he was riding in was shot down over Laos .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-1-P1100926

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-2-P1100923

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-3-P1040410

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-4-P1040413

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-5-P1040477

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-6-P1040436

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-7-P1040479

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Larry-8-P1040394

BAMComix

Amazing work Chip! as I have said before, so much detail packed into each one, I never know what to look at first! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I looked him up and see the resemblance. Although I can't help but think of the actor that played Caesar in HBO's series Rome, for some reason. Anyway, great job. And no less than three cameras? This guy does mean business.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's another good looking figure. Love all the camera equipment.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 C8485110

26NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Woow great job, and that they are all based on real persons, so interesting. To be honest, nothing against Private Joker or that Dennis Hopper character, but these here feel much more organic/real. Really like those details and cameras. And super tragic and dangerous, at least that hasn't changed.
Do you do any present day war reporters too?

GubernatorFan wrote:I looked him up and see the resemblance. Although I can't help but think of the actor that played Caesar in HBO's series Rome, for some reason. Anyway, great job. And no less than three cameras? This guy does mean business.
I think that's the journalist's equivalent of these guys full of machinegun belts and grenades.

Chip

Thanks for the further kind words and comments . I have more to show you , but that exhausts the figures I based on real people , but that does not necessarily mean that I have finished on those . Very Happy

Diana

Diana
What a cool interest to have, and the figures look great!

Chip

Thanks Diana . Very Happy

This figure is from my imagination , and I think he is useable for the NAM period too . He is dressed in a more civilian way than the previous ones , I feel he has the look of a Frenchman , and so have named him " Sean Piere " .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-1-P1100913

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-2-P1100912

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-4-P1100915

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-5-P1100919

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-6-P1100911

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Piere-7-P1100916

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a good alternative to the others. Again, really love the camera equipment, and the photographer's vest is appropriate.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sean Pierre? I think you mean Jean Pierre. Smile He looks great, by the way.

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks for the further information!
I esp like the outdoor shots.Very simple background but it adds totally to their credibility and changes the atmosphere with which they come around.

I also like the different attire of your invented character.

In an afterthought on those based on real persons I would have found it a nice touch to add a pic of the real person, even though you might not have striven for close resemblance. Just an idea that came up in my mind to add on the commemorative aspect.

Chip

Thanks again for the further comments , I totally agree how the outdoor photos give most figures an edge picture wise . Here ara a couple of bonus group shots .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Group-1-P1100934

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Group-2-P1100935

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know it is appropriate for what it is, but they look tense and worried, like they know only some of them will make it out.

35NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:17 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some really great photographers. And a pretty good sliver of history too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool group shots. It’s nice to see a representation of figures/people that often get forgotten with all the rest of the “military” figures, and I imagine you’re one of the few to cover this subject.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Beautiful work, Chip! Love seeing your journalists. Really enjoy all the little details.

Chip

Many thanks all . Wink

39NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:04 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
All really cool! Interesting bits of history, and great looking figures. That 1st head especially has so much personality.

Chip

Henri Huet , Born of French farther and Vietnamese Mother . Henri joined the French Navy and learned photography with them . He ended up a combat photographer covering the French Vietnamese conflict Known as the Indo China war  . After the war Henri was discharged from the French Navy , but remained in South Vietnam as a civilian photographer , working for the U.S and French Governments . During the U.S involvement , he worked for both U.P.I and A.P . In February 1971 , Henri and some other Journalists including Larry Burrows , joined the OP commander who was in charge of the invasion from South Vietnam into Laos , to take a look at the battle front . The Vietnamese piloted Huey , got lost and flew over one of the most heavily defended parts of the Ho Chi Minh trail , and was shot down . There were no known survivors . Henri Was only forty two years old .

For My take on Henri , I scratch made the leather camera bag from an old leather wallet . The leather was glued to a card box , and I added the Pockets and straps , and the brass button catch . The wire in front pocket is a shutter release for the cameras , note book pencil and C-rat Toilet tissue placed in the second pocket also made from scratch . The Cameras are G.I joe re -worked , along with the 21st century toys webbing , and DML NAM pouches .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 1-P1120049

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 2-P1120039

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 3-P1120055

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 4-P1120051

Some close ups of the camera bag .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 5bag-P1120057

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 6bag-P1120056

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 7-P1120054

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 8-P1120048

With Larry Burrows , who I attempted earlier , see above posts . And further group photos .

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 9-P1120060

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 10-P1120065

NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 11-P1120068

BAMComix

BAMComix
Truly fantastic work Chip! Ever since you first showed us the pic of Henry I was intrigued too see your take on him. The hand made bag is awesome! as it has to be said, are the cameras and other odds and ends. Top work indeed! bounce bounce

42NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:59 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Damn that's nice work, Chip! Love the leather camera bag.

43NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:09 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a great line-up!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice looking figure — and great work on the camera bag and updating of the Joe cameras.

45NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Character Added Chips Journalists Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:08 am

Chip

Thanks very much for the kind words and comment . Wink

Ovy

Ovy
Wow so I guess he was already in there long before many Americans have ever heard of Vietnam. Great job with the mutliple cams, the bag and the fitting head sculpt.

Great of you giving these guys credit.

Chip

Thanks Ovy , I am about out of Cameras now .

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Another great journalist and a nice little bit of history.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! NEW Character Added Chips Journalists  - Page 2 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum