OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

DeltaForceChung

I wonder if World Box would ever consider designing/producing a reasonably price jointed female body that is overall pleasant to the eye in terms of nuanced physiques (i.e. at least a full medium bodice with proper proportions) and also with durability and heft?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I wonder if World Box would ever consider designing/producing a reasonably price jointed female body that is overall pleasant to the eye in terms of nuanced physiques (i.e. at least a full medium bodice with proper proportions) and also with durability and heft?

That's a good question. I don't think any female WB bodies exist yet. That said, philosophically, I haven't really considered (open) joined female bodies since Phicen's first steel skeleton.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
What I was trying to say was that the TT design has its flaws, in particular the ankles. I've always hated that design and it has always proven to be the weakest point on all the HT bodies I've ever had. It was a popular body though, so everyone copied it, including those dratted ankles. Enterbay didn't do that, they went with, and pretty much perfected, the design you see on the Worldbox bodies. WB copied EB, the legs, the knees, ankles and feet all follow EB's template. Every one of the bodies I have that have that design haven't let me down once. You pose them and that's it, they stay posed. I do have more TT's and clones than them in my collection, but, each and every one of them has toppled thanks to those stupid ankles!

The main reason I went with TT's was that they were the best available at the time that had the heights, builds and necks I wanted. Now though, I just had a quick scan through the eBay listings for WB and it does look as though they do a body that would suit every need I have! What I would love to see is a pic of all of those bodies side by side so I can properly assess heights and builds.

CHEERS!

MarkEl

Speaking of TTMs. I wonder which one this WB most closely approximates. It seems more on the slim side, more TTM22 than TTM18. It’s hard to tell, but I hope it is as it will be easier to kit out in layered outfits

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

worldbox - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

If that's the price and it doesn't get marked up excessively, it would be quite good.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that price translates to $21.63 US. Pretty decent.

If that's the price and it doesn't get marked up excessively, it would be quite good.

Oh, you know it probably will be (probably another $10 at least).

(Update): Ha! Ekia Hobbies has it up for PO at $29.99 ($29.06 PO price).

worldbox - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm considering picking one of these up as a replacement for another body that has developed annoying loose joints. But before I do, need to know if it is -- or can be -- compatible with Hot Toys footwear? Surprise, surprise, I'm trying to upgrade one of my Anakin kitbashes, and he needs to be able to wear the HT boots. But I can't figure out if the ankle on this body can be converted to work with that or not....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a number of these bodies. What does the inside of the SW Anakin boot look like? Is it a ball socket, like most figures, or is it a weird peg setup?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's frustratingly got a peg already 'in' the ball socket, if that makes sense. Said peg could theoretically be removed, but given how deep/high the actual boot is, it's almost impossible to get in there and pull anything out without destroying the boot. Which has been an issue for me before, with ankle extenders getting stuck in there, etc.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, unfortunately, you probably won’t be able to use this body. I’ve never been able to remove the ankle from these bodies — regardless of how much I heated that section. Those bodies are pretty sturdy, though. If you could find a way to remove the ball joint in the boot, these have a ball joint ankle.

PitViper

PitViper
Body looks excellent for my preferences, since I rarely use or cloth pegged boots.
Any idea on the MSRP?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
Well, unfortunately, you probably won’t be able to use this body. I’ve never been able to remove the ankle from these bodies — regardless of how much I heated that section. Those bodies are pretty sturdy, though. If you could find a way to remove the ball joint in the boot, these have a ball joint ankle.

Ok, thanks, glad I asked. I'm not sure if it's possible to remove the ball/peg part at this stage without cutting open the boot, though it would be handy if I could, since then it could open up possibility of using tbleague bodies as well. 

I guess as it is, I might be better off just getting a newer DamToys body, or some other equivalent. :/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PitViper wrote:Body looks excellent for my preferences, since I rarely use or cloth pegged boots.
Any idea on the MSRP?

They’re around $32.00 USD, Angel.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

What are Anakin's boots like, could boots be sourced that the WB feet would fit into?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Rogerbee wrote:
What are Anakin's boots like, could boots be sourced that the WB feet would fit into?

There are some old empty-foot plastic Sideshow boots, and I have actually tried them to see if they would work instead, but they don't necessarily hold up well next to the Hot Toys boots. 

Here's a pic [not mine] of the HT Anakin next to the Medicom Anakin: 

worldbox - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) - Page 2 L8hq2i10

I can't find one comparing the HT with the old Sideshow Anakin's, but here's pics of the two Anakin figures: 

RotS Sideshow version: 

worldbox - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) - Page 2 S-l50010

Clone Wars animated Sideshow version: 

worldbox - NEW PRODUCT: WorldBox 1/6 Durable Body - "Action Body" (AT025) - Page 2 S-l50011

I own both the Hot Toys and the Clone Wars Sideshow Anakin figures. The figure in question that I'm trying to upgrade is my HT x Sideshow kitbashed version of the TCW 'General Skywalker' which I originally posted here and here.  He's already wearing an extra pair of HT boots that I had on hand, and since I decided to go with the more 'realistic' look in this case, I thought that those suited the figure better than the plastic ones.

ETA: I guess I should also mention that I can't use an extra HT Anakin body, since unfortunately the Sideshow chest/shoulder armour doesn't fit onto it. Whichever body I use, it needs to have a pretty narrow/slim chest area for that reason. The shoulders actually don't need to be extremely narrow, just the chest.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is possible to remove the ankle from the World Box bodies, just very difficult. Keep heating them and gently loosen them free with needle-nosed pliers (so as to not leave unsightly gashes).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good to know. I guess my arthritis is making it impossible for me. Skywalkersaga is young, she could probably succeed where I failed.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah ok, good to know, GF. So when the WB peg/joint thingie is removed, what is left is a hollow space akin to what is on the HT or DAM bodies?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah ok, good to know, GF. So when the WB peg/joint thingie is removed, what is left is a hollow space akin to what is on the HT or DAM bodies?

Yes indeed. You can probably jam the Sideshow joint into the ankle opening of the leg; if it's peg is too long, clip off some of the top end with pliers (the clipping part).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I may need to use ankle extenders in this instance, since the WB body prob isn’t super tall. They work on the current dam body I’m using, so hopefully they’d fit on the WB too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I find most of the WB bodies are on the tall side.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, that’s good, maybe it will be ok then !

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Just don't use too much Force young Skywalker, you don't want to break anything!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, Roger, I'll do what must be done. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum