OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583811

========================

A

Ra the God of Sun- Golden 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item Name: Ra the God of Sun- Golden 1 /6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-174A
Bar Code: 697 127233 084 0
The Sun God of ancient Egypt was primarily known as Ra.
He was often considered the king of the gods and was thus the patron god of the pharaoh and one of the main gods in the ancient Egyptian pantheon.Ra was regarded as the one who created everything and he was very powerful and popular. He was worshipped all throughout ancient Egypt.
Ra was believed to rule in all parts of the created world: the sky , the Earth, and the underworld. He was the god of the sun, order, kings, and the sky.
He was most commonly depicted as a sun god who wore the sun disk on his head, also represented as a man with a hawk head and shared characteristics with the sky god Horus.
Packing List:
1) 2 x headsculpts
2) 1 x TBLeague 1 /6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4)1 x battle style skirt
5)1 X belt
6)1 pair x feet
7)1 x Cross ornaments
8)1 X scepter
9)1 X neck armor
10)1 pair X Arm rings
11)1pair X arm straps
12)1 pair X forearm armors
13) 1 pair X leg armors
14)1 pair X fabric leg sleeves
15)1 x cloak

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.83 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11.0cm*38.0cm
6 products/master carton
GW: 11.92kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12575910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12580010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12580410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12580610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12580810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12580910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581311
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581611
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581810

=======================================

B

Ra the God of Sun- Sliver 1 /6 Scale Action Figure
Item Name: Ra the God of Sun-Sliver 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-174B
Bar Code: 697 127233 085 7
The Sun God of ancient Egypt was primarily known as Ra.
He was often considered the king of the gods and was thus the patron god of the pharaoh and one of the main gods in the ancient Egyptian pantheon.Ra was regarded as the one who created everything and he was very powerful and popular. He was worshipped all throughout ancient Egypt .
Ra was believed to rule in all parts of the created world: the sky, the Earth, and the underworld. He was the god of the sun, order, kings, and the sky.
He was most commonly depicted as a sun god who wore the sun disk on his head, also represented as a man with a hawk head and shared characteristics with the sky god Horus.
Packing List:
1) 2 x headsculpts
2) 1 x TBLeague 1 /6 male seamless body with metal skeleton
3)3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4)1 x battle style skirt
5)1 X belt
6)1 pair x feet
7)1 x Cross ornaments
8)1 X scepter
9)1 X neck armor
10)1 pair X Arm rings
11)1pair X arm straps
12)1 pair X forearm armors
13) 1 pair X leg armors
14)1 pair X fabric leg sleeves
15)1 x cloak

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 1.83 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*11.0cm*38.0cm
6 products/master carton
GW: 11.92kg
Measurements: 50cm*36.7cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12581910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12582310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12582410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12582710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12582810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583110
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B 12583610

#newproduct #TBLeague #Ra #Egyptian #GodoftheSun #Mythology #fantasy #male

Ovy

Ovy
Another one of these, looks like another fun stargatey tbleague interpretation. Really like the color scheme, especially the second one, where they didn't just use all the black and gold clichés.

The head is cute, looks like your friendly neighborhood sun god.

Nekk-ra

Ra is an instant pre-order, but I honestly admit it would be difficult to differentiate him from Horus with a casual glance. Maybe a brighter gold/silver for the armor? Red cloak? Perhaps some sort of wing constructs that attached to the back of his chest armor? The figure is supposed to represent the main Egyptian deity (in TBLeagues' narrative), so he should be grander in appearance than the others.
----
May end up getting the silver version of Ra. Though the gold version seems more correct, the red gemstones and 'Sun' crown really pops against the cooler tones.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thought I was having deja vu, it looks so reminiscent of the other one.

Fave thing about it is the white cloak with the 'fur'. Can immediately think of a use for it. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Last October, when TBL announced the Month figure, I posted this, which is turning out to be pretty accurate:

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:There were roughly as many Egyptian deties with bird heads as there are Hot Toys figures of Iron Man... I'm impressed TBL are continuing the Pantheon...

In agreement with Nekk-ra's stated concern above that Ra "should be grander in appearance than the others," I wonder (and hope) whether the first TBL picture of Ra with Month and Anubis above could be showing Ra to be somewhat taller than the other two, which would be great. Unfortunately it's probably just perspective of the photo. The specs for Ra's packaging are the same as previous packages; but it's still possible that the body inside, packaged with the heads separate etc, could be taller.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know if Ra needs to be taller, but he surely needs to be more resplendent than the others, being the sun god and all that. The black body -- total miss. But at least they got the sex right this time. Smile In and of itself, the figure is very cool, but as Ovy said, it is Star Gate-y at best. Yes, I realize a look closer to traditional Egyptian art and realty would perhaps limit the appeal, but then why the reference to the Egyptian prototype. Anyway... we've talked about it before.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I'm with you, GF. I am not actually into this tbleague 'Egyptian' line. Doesn't really do it for me at all.

The best thing tbleague has ever done so far in my eyes is the first Kier Court of the Dead figure. I'm still not over how spectacular that one was (and gutted I wasn't able to get it, but I have to cut off my collection somewhere Razz ). Of their more simplistic figures, I also love Nancy in Hell. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know if Ra needs to be taller, but he surely needs to be more resplendent than the others, being the sun god and all that. The black body -- total miss. But at least they got the sex right this time. Smile In and of itself, the figure is very cool, but as Ovy said, it is Star Gate-y at best. Yes, I realize a look closer to traditional Egyptian art and realty would perhaps limit the appeal, but then why the reference to the Egyptian prototype. Anyway... we've talked about it before.

There's no particular reason Ra needs to be taller, but the first pic made me think he might be, as a way to make him stand out over the others -- I was wondering if that is just photo perspective.

Admittedly, these are just piggy-backing on the recognizable names, but that makes sense: there's a reason Stan Lee wrote about "Thor" and not "Hammer-Man," though the resemblance to the mythological God is minimal.  Apart from (mostly) connecting the right name with the right animal head, TBL isn't even trying to make any established connection.  For example Anubis could so easily have come with the scales he has in almost every portrayal, but no such luck. Star Gate-y is completely fair.  But if I'm going to see e.g. Indiana Jones on my shelf meeting up with Egyptian Gods, it will look better with such portrayals than adapted actual hieroglyphics rendered in 3D.

They have announced 1/12 Anubis so I wonder if all of these will double up as TBL 1/12 figures?  Even for 1/6 purposes it could be cool to use those 1/12 Gods figures as maybe statues in a temple, museum, or something.  And again, my usual rant -- TBL, thanks for 4+ Egyptian ladies and 4+ Egyptian gods, now could we maybe have -- just -- one -- male warrior or Pharaoh?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, see, if you want to use them as god statues in a temple or museum setting, you'd be out of luck with their modern fantastical reinterpretations. Smile Yes, some real-istic Egyptian stuff would be most welcome. Heck, they could just release them as sets customizers put together...

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, see, if you want to use them as god statues in a temple or museum setting, you'd be out of luck with their modern fantastical reinterpretations. Smile Yes, some real-istic Egyptian stuff would be most welcome. Heck, they could just release them as sets customizers put together...

Of course you are absolutely right though I had in mind the same kind of stylized fantasy temple or museum that TBL are going for, to be used with Indiana Jones or Bruce Wayne or something.  I did this fun photostory a few years back where Indy going through a Pyramid was being guided through by statues pointing right, left, up, down.  I used two 6" action figures of WWE wrestler Goldlust to do that with -- I was thinking the TBL 1/12 could be used the same way but better.

One thing about "Yes, some real-istic Egyptian stuff would be most welcome" is that as you know (apart from a lack of posable figures) all the décor, art, statues, accessories and objects that you could possibly want are already here, although they are sold as Décor and knick-knacks and not specifically for 1/6 use.  It's probably a richer area for recreated art and Décor than anything else in 1/6th:    I've got more than a trunk-ful of décor, yet not a single warrior or pharaoh to work with (hence my rant).

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B Egypt12
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B Img_1610NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B Img_7010

Diana

Diana
I am once again glad that this isn't my genre, even though Stargate SG-1 is still one of my favorite shows. Smile

Those three together look epic. Would probably look even better with Month in it.
I can see them making all of them in 1/12, as long as Anubis sold well. Still gonna pass with a heavy heart. That's a can I do not want to open. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So far, I've POd (already have Anubis) all of the Gods in "Gold", but I might actually get Ra in Silver just to set him apart from the others (is that weird?).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:So far, I've POd (already have Anubis) all of the Gods in "Gold", but I might actually get Ra in Silver just to set him apart from the others (is that weird?).

Yep, it is weird. He's the god of the sun! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:So far, I've POd (already have Anubis) all of the Gods in "Gold", but I might actually get Ra in Silver just to set him apart from the others (is that weird?).

Yep, it is weird. He's the god of the sun! Wink

Haha! Ok, okay. Gold it is.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! Ok, okay. Gold it is.

Hey, I was just kidding, acknowledging the reason why you thought it was weird in the first place, get whatever you like best! Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! Ok, okay. Gold it is.

Hey, I was just kidding, acknowledging the reason why you thought it was weird in the first place, get whatever you like best! Smile

Clearly this dilemma can only be solved by getting both.  I kid of course, but I actually am half-considering getting both the gold and silver.  But if I did that, the purpose would just be to lay in a pile of matching spare parts in case TBL stops too soon and I want to customize any missing Gods.  As to existing silvers vs golds I'm going with an instinct similar to Stryker2011's to make some stand apart, mixing golds and silvers, so that the group doesn't look like they are all wearing the exact same school uniform.

Ovy

Ovy
Whoever gets any on these figures, I want you to include them in mundane everyday scenes. Like Anubis and Horus watching TV on the couch, or tapping the snooze button while in bed in the morning, or Ra checking the fridge at night or hanging out with regular humans in a bar like it is the most normal thing in the world etc.

agentghost

agentghost
Ovy wrote:Whoever gets any on these figures, I want you to include them in mundane everyday scenes. Like Anubis and Horus watching TV on the couch, or tapping the snooze button while in bed in the morning, or Ra checking the fridge at night or hanging out with regular humans in a bar like it is the most normal thing in the world etc.

1/6 fridge? 1/6 TV and 1/6 couch?

What do you think we are? Bill Gate? We don't have space for regular figure as it is.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
agentghost wrote:
Ovy wrote:Whoever gets any on these figures, I want you to include them in mundane everyday scenes. Like Anubis and Horus watching TV on the couch, or tapping the snooze button while in bed in the morning, or Ra checking the fridge at night or hanging out with regular humans in a bar like it is the most normal thing in the world etc.

1/6 fridge? 1/6 TV and 1/6 couch?

What do you think we are? Bill Gate?  We don't have space for regular figure as it is.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian god of the sun "Ra" [gilt gold & silver] PL2021-174A/B Img_8510

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent scene, MBAM! Love it. Also love your other Egyptian decor. Much of it is very realistic (I know, I know, I'm obsessed with realism) and certainly more securely based in art history than what TBLeague produces. One of the things that annoy me about this admittedly striking set, is that I don't notice one item in it that could possibly be used realistically. Even the staff is on fantasy/science-fiction steroids. By the way, I it just occurred to me to notice that Ra has Anubis feet. Not human feet (as in Egyptian art), not bird feet (which would match his head), but clawed Anubis feet. Sheesh!

Diana

Diana
@Ovy and @MBAM: Awesome idea and execution! Hah! Laughing
That actually makes me like that figure even more...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that’s a cool kitchen shot, MBAM. Is that a Barbie play set?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that’s a cool kitchen shot, MBAM. Is that a Barbie play set?

Thanks GF, Diana, Stryker2011.  That pic was a quick improv upon reading Ovy’s post, and I like how it came out.  That kitchen set was still on my table from my Batman COVID-19 shoot, so I went for it.  

Stryker2011, the kitchen set is not quite Barbie but kinda, as it’s a Kitchen Littles by Tyco https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kitchen-Littles-Barbie-Deluxe-Kitchen-Center-Tyco-1996-Lots-Of-Accessories/293985395200?hash=item4472e52200:g:KLMAAOSw1A1gFxx0, who must have had some licensing (as they said “Play with Barbie ® Doll” on the boxes).  Kitchen Littles stuff is better for our purposes than Barbie as it’s more realistic than Barbie, marginally larger scaled, and slightly less overwhelmingly pink/purple.  This one was made in 1996 and mine is a thrift store find from about 4 years ago. As such I didn’t get the accessories, but originally it would have had a pretty decent blender and toaster etc.  All that I changed was adding the glossy mini tiles backsplash. The cool feature is a “working” water pump (though mine leaks).  The foods are mostly Zuru mini brands Series 1 and 2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum