OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Diana

Diana
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0150

Item Name: Aset Goddess of Magic-Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-185A
Bar Code: 697 127233 122 9
In the first millennium BCE , Osiris and Isis(Aset) became the most widely worshipped Egyptian deities, and Aset absorbed traits from many other goddesses. Rulers in Egypt and its neighbor to the south, Nubia, built temples dedicated primarily to Aset, and her temple at Philae was a religious center for Egyptians and Nubians alike. Her reputed magical power was greater than that of all other gods, and she was said to protect the kingdom from its enemies, govern the skies and the natural world, and have power over fate itself.

Packing List :
1) 1 X head sculpt
2) 1 X TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 X Egyptian headpiece
4) 1 x high-collared top with feather decoration
5) 1 pair X rings for upper arms
6) 1 x belt with sash decoration
7) 1 x skirt
Cool 1 pair x feet in sandals
9) 1 x ankh
10) 1 pair x lower arm armor
11) 1pair x lower leg armor
12) 3 pairs X interchangeable hands
13) 1 x machete knife
14) 1 x base with holder
15) 1 x sceptre with a detachable end
16) 1 x detachable open wings
17) 1 x covering piece for the holes on the back
18) 1 x underpants
19) 1 x cloak

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.77 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*20.0cm*38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 12.08 kg
Measurements: 51cm*42.5cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0254
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0352
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0450
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0550
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0649
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0747
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0846
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 0945
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1041
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1140
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1234
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1328
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1425

Item Name: Aset Goddess of Magic – White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-185B
Bar Code: 697 127233 123 6
In the first millennium BCE, Osiris and Isis(Aset) became the most widely worshipped Egyptian deities, and Aset absorbed traits from many other goddesses. Rulers in Egypt and its neighbor to the south, Nubia, built temples dedicated primarily to Aset, and her temple at Philae was a religious center for Egyptians and Nubians alike. Her reputed magical power was greater than that of all other gods , and she was said to protect the kingdom from its enemies, govern the skies and the natural world, and have power over fate itself.
Packing List:
1) 1 X head sculpt
2) 1 X TBLeague 1/6 scale female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 1 X Egyptian headpiece
4) 1 x high-collared top with feather decoration
5) 1 pair X rings for upper arms
6) 1 x belt with sash decoration
7) 1 x skirt
Cool 1 pair x feet in sandals
9) 1 x ankh
10) 1 pair x lower arm armor
11) 1 pair x lower leg armor
12) 3 pairs X interchangeable hands
13) 1 x machete knife
14) 1 x base with holder
15) 1 x sceptre with a detachable end
16) 1 x detachable open wings
17) 1 x covering piece for the holes on the back
18) 1 x underpants
19) 1 x cloak

Packaging :
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.77 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*20.0cm*38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 12.08 kg
Measurements: 51cm*42.5cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1523
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1620
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1718
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1818
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 1917
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2018
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2117
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2215
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2315
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2415
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2515
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 2615

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the style but where is the colour? This would look great with more greens, reds, and blues.

Diana

Diana
I actually really like both of these. The head sculpts look gorgeous. And the bodies, too! S17B? Seems too curvy...

Interesting, that they went for just one set of wings each, but a different one for each! And the ankhs differ in size.

I might actually get one of these, or one each even, to just keep head, body, wings and hands, which are quite beautiful, too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm guessing this could be that smaller bust body we were speculating about on the 'Saintess Knight' thread.....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

brassco

brassco
after some releases that were not of interested to me...now we are talking!

the black version, the HS is too familiar. The white one, however is refreshing and unique in their recent offerings. S17? great choice of body that are not overly sexualized as most of TBL's figures. I will po the white version!

suo76

I like both of them! Prefer the white Headsculpt and the black wing position... Will be a difficult decision between them. The body is a really good choice. Can they redo the cat with a better head and that body as well, please?

gooboo

Could be the return of the "month body."

Ovy

Ovy
Really a missed opportunity of casting a dark skinned character, would habe looked cool with the white outfit. But well in 2040 maybe. I think the second headsculpt looks like from some weird 50s sci fi.

Delanie

Delanie
I actually like this 'egyptian' offering the HS does look a little odd but she is supposed to be a goddess after all.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s hard to believe that these are being offered at the same price as the Vampire Slayers, at least on Big Bad Toy Store ($190). It seems like you’re getting a lot more for your money here. As beautiful as they are, I’m still just not into the overall theme.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Xavion2004 wrote:It’s hard to believe that these are being offered at the same price as the Vampire Slayers, at least on Big Bad Toy Store ($190).  It seems like you’re getting a lot more for your money here. As beautiful as they are, I’m still just not into the overall theme.

Comparing this price to the Vampire Slayers confirms, I think, what I speculated in the Vampire Slayers thread, as below.   As if TBL set the price of these particular figures earlier than they set the Vampire Slayers (before knowing the shipping increases, higher cost of materials etc) and they're sticking with it.  Good news in the short term, making Isis more appealing, but the pendulum will swing the other way.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I suspect TBL pricing is going to fluctuate a bit erratically in the short term, maybe based on the exact point in time that TBL internally fixed the price (which may not be the same order that the figures are announced or actually relesased).  Notice for example TBL Tutankhamen just actually came out, with 5 elaborate layers of clothing, furs and array, and more importantly a whole throne dio piece, commanding @$185; while forthcoming Ramesses is a similar but far simpler figure, no base at all, but price is @$190.  Good news is that their prices should eventually stabilize; bad news is, they will do so moving upwards.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m really liking the Black version. Now this I can get behind for all the fantasy Egyptian mythology figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Now this one really does seem like it might be the 'Month' body in a caucasian skintone.

csyeung

csyeung
Looks nice. It does look like a new body with smaller breast size. I was wondering with these if there is a pair of holes in the back for the wings like their previous winged figures?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Disappointing, but also a relief. I'm with Ovy -- another missed opportunity to create a tanned or dark-skinned character (not counting actual pitch-black), especially with their female bodies. The "black" version is pretty striking in itself, but a blonde Isis, are you kidding me? Well, I guess they did make a blonde Cleopatra... Smile As for accuracy, which does not seem to be in fashion, this is total bull. Not one piece of the costume here is plausible (never mind accurate), although portions of the collar and crown have a passing resemblance to something the Ancient Egyptians might have made or dreamt up; depending on the detail, the ankh might be ok. There is no ARH logo to blame, and the wings and sword suggest TBLeague was looking for a way to reuse pre-existing elements once again. I wonder if the name Aset was chosen to avoid unfortunate associations with the modern Isis-like acronym. At any rate, it is not really more Egyptian (the pronunciation was something like Ēse or Ēsi, which the Greeks rendered Isi+s), just like the set itself. Now it might just possibly work as a Halloween costume based on some parody/comedy by the Avengers design team, in cooperation with someone from ARH's staff. Smile Thank you for making it easy to save my money, TBLeague.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Disappointing, but also a relief. I'm with Ovy -- another missed opportunity to create a tanned or dark-skinned character (not counting actual pitch-black), especially with their female bodies. The "black" version is pretty striking in itself, but a blonde Isis, are you kidding me? Well, I guess they did make a blonde Cleopatra... Smile As for accuracy, which does not seem to be in fashion, this is total bull. Not one piece of the costume here is plausible (never mind accurate), although portions of the collar and crown have a passing resemblance to something the Ancient Egyptians might have made or dreamt up; depending on the detail, the ankh might be ok. There is no ARH logo to blame, and the wings and sword suggest TBLeague was looking for a way to reuse pre-existing elements once again. I wonder if the name Aset was chosen to avoid unfortunate associations with the modern Isis-like acronym. At any rate, it is not really more Egyptian (the pronunciation was something like Ēse or Ēsi, which the Greeks rendered Isi+s), just like the set itself. Now it might just possibly work as a Halloween costume based on some parody/comedy by the Avengers design team, in cooperation with someone from ARH's staff. Smile Thank you for making it easy to save my money, TBLeague.

All perfectly true.  I have no doubt that "Aset" was used in Branding because the name of Isis has become too inevitably associated with something else.  I remember predicting exactly that, way back when TBL started the line and we were speculating what Gods they might make.

Not only is this figure totally divorced from anything actual or historical, but it doesn't even have much of an iconic continuity with the common clichés of Fantasy Pseudo-Egypt that TBL normally draws upon.  She's pretty Fantasy-Generic, might as well come from D & D or something, with only two bits of Egyptian iconography.  The sun disk in cow's horns is quite legit for Isis (though overpopularized as a general Egypt cliché).  The second cliché here is the Ankh which ironically would be fine with most other deities but not Isis -- her version should be the Tyet (similar but with the arms down).  So the figure doesn't connect with either historical or even pseudo-Egypt.  Looks pretty tho.

Kallor8

I think it's pretty cheap of TBL to only give one choice of wings for their recent figures (Horus being the other) when Kier. Purgatori, and Lady Bat all had both folded and unfurled wings. So white Aset doesn't get to do the power pose, wings out? They aren't even the same color and style wings across sets, so if you buy both you are still not going to get matching alternate pose wings.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
csyeung wrote:I was wondering with these if there is a pair of holes in the back for the wings like their previous winged figures?

It seems so, because they're offering a special bonus piece of 'armour' to cover them up.

"1 x covering piece for the holes on the back"

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While I can appreciate the frustration of the lack of historically accurate Ancient Egyptian items, I think folks are seriously deluding themselves to think this is something that TBLeague is going to provide — especially after all these years of them showing that they don’t DO historically accurate — EVER. Just saying…

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:All perfectly true.  I have no doubt that "Aset" was used in Branding because the name of Isis has become too inevitably associated with something else.  I remember predicting exactly that, way back when TBL started the line and we were speculating what Gods they might make.

Not only is this figure totally divorced from anything actual or historical, but it doesn't even have much of an iconic continuity with the common clichés of Fantasy Pseudo-Egypt that TBL normally draws upon.  She's pretty Fantasy-Generic, might as well come from D & D or something, with only two bits of Egyptian iconography.  The sun disk in cow's horns is quite legit for Isis (though overpopularized as a general Egypt cliché).  The second cliché here is the Ankh which ironically would be fine with most other deities but not Isis -- her version should be the Tyet (similar but with the arms down).  So the figure doesn't connect with either historical or even pseudo-Egypt.  Looks pretty tho.

Good points. I can't bear to look at either of them, but isn't this fairly close to the accessories/clothing style for Bastet -- minus the pitch-black body and the animal head? They have used regular human bodies for their non-god figures (the two "Cleopatras," "Ankhesenamun" -- however they butchered her name, "Nefertiti," "Tutankhamun," and the forthcoming "Ramesses"); also, and that is actually accurate, a green one for "Osiris." The sundisk in horns element, and (not necessarily as part of the same crown) the circle of rearing cobras are plausible. So is the diminutive falcon-ended collar attaching from the collar -- except that is should not have been diminutive and should have been the actual collar. The ankh seems better than the earlier one, which came with "Anubis" (I think). Isis, like most gods, is at least sometimes portrayed brandishing an ankh, for example from the beautiful painted reliefs in the tomb of Rameses II's wife Nefertari, as below (note the scepter). It is beautiful -- well the "black" version is anyway -- but I wish if they were going to go that fanciful, they would make a cleaner break from the Egyptian references. As it is, it is false advertising, and a waste of talent, effort, and material -- in my opinion anyway. I have no delusions, merely disappointment -- because TBLegue could pull it off (it has excellent production quality) if it really tried. It occurred to me that perhaps ideally they would provide sets with sufficient alternative options to satisfy both the canon of Egyptian art and, electively, more fantastical custom renditions.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) 33049760203_97d4d02e6d_b

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Egyptian Gods Series ASET [Black/White] (PL2021-185A/B) Isis_nofretari

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:While I can appreciate the frustration of the lack of historically accurate Ancient Egyptian items, I think folks are seriously deluding themselves to think this is something that TBLeague is going to provide — especially after all these years of them showing that they don’t DO historically accurate — EVER. Just saying…

Cue the Spice Girls, "I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want:" with the considerable accomplishments of HAOYUTOYS on ancient Greeks, Romans and some Persians etc, doesn't it seem that they should move down into Egypt? Give me some Haoyutoys historical-ish Egyptian humans -- say a regal Pharaoh and a foot soldier, of whom I'd buy multiples -- and a whole back row of fanciful TBL Egyptian Gods, and I would be ecstatic.

brazybear

brazybear
Gorgeous, especially the dark one. Wish they did something like this for Bastet instead of a cat head.

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Good points. I can't bear to look at either of them, but isn't this fairly close to the accessories/clothing style for Bastet -- minus the pitch-black body and the animal head? They have used regular human bodies for their non-god figures (the two "Cleopatras," "Ankhesenamun" -- however they butchered her name, "Nefertiti," "Tutankhamun," and the forthcoming "Ramesses"); also, and that is actually accurate, a green one for "Osiris." The sundisk in horns element, and (not necessarily as part of the same crown) the circle of rearing cobras are plausible. So is the diminutive falcon-ended collar attaching from the collar -- except that is should not have been diminutive and should have been the actual collar. The ankh seems better than the earlier one, which came with "Anubis" (I think). Isis, like most gods, is at least sometimes portrayed brandishing an ankh, for example from the beautiful painted reliefs in the tomb of Rameses II's wife Nefertari, as below (note the scepter). It is beautiful -- well the "black" version is anyway -- but I wish if they were going to go that fanciful, they would make a cleaner break from the Egyptian references. As it is, it is false advertising, and a waste of talent, effort, and material -- in my opinion anyway. I have no delusions, merely disappointment -- because TBLegue could pull it off (it has excellent production quality) if it really tried. It occurred to me that perhaps ideally they would provide sets with sufficient alternative options to satisfy both the canon of Egyptian art and, electively, more fantastical custom renditions.

All good points -- so, "from your mouth to TBL's ear"...

To clarify one narrow point:  I didn't mean to say that Aset/Isis absolutely shouldn't have an Ankh.  But most TBL Gods already have Ankhs, and you can get Ankhs loose at Michaels Hobby Lobby etc, while Isis herself had her own specific version of the Ankh which was the Tyet.  So I wish they gave her that instead.  Easy enough to make one from Sculpey, I suppose.

Ghost808

Ghost808
More super pale Egyptians! If the ancient gods were real, somebody at tbleague would be getting struck by lighting, hit by a flood, plague, etc.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:While I can appreciate the frustration of the lack of historically accurate Ancient Egyptian items, I think folks are seriously deluding themselves to think this is something that TBLeague is going to provide — especially after all these years of them showing that they don’t DO historically accurate — EVER. Just saying…

Cue the Spice Girls, "I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want:"  with the considerable accomplishments of HAOYUTOYS on ancient Greeks, Romans and some Persians etc, doesn't it seem that they should move down into Egypt?  Give me some Haoyutoys historical-ish Egyptian humans -- say a regal Pharaoh and a foot soldier, of whom I'd buy multiples -- and a whole back row of fanciful TBL Egyptian Gods, and I would be ecstatic.

Yeah, I was going to suggest folks find a home page for HaoYuToys and start a campaign to get them to move to Ancient Egypt, since they do about the closest to “accurate” as we’re likely to get in this hobby. Expecting it from TBL is fruitless, as they only care about fantasy, and “sexy.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum