OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16370410

PL2021-182A

Ramesses the Great-Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Ramesses the Great-Black 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-182A
Bar Code: 697 127233 110 6

Ramesses II ( reigned 1279–1213 BC), also known as Ramesses the Great, was the third pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt. He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the New Kingdom, itself the most powerful period of Ancient Egypt. His successors and later Egyptians called him the "Great Ancestor".

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x helmet (or helmet-like crown)
3) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
4) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
5) 1 x robe worn next to the skin, sleeveless
6) 1 x armor for around the neck
7) 1 x shoulder armor made of leather
Cool 1 x upper body armor
9) 1 x decorative belt
10) 1 x leather belt for hanging the sword and dagger
11) 1pair x bands for upper arms
12) 1 pair x armor for lower arms
13) 1 pair x armor for lower legs
14) 1 pair x feet with sandals on
15) 1 x spear
16) 1 x sword
17) 1 x sheath of the sword
18) 1 x dagger
19) 1 x sheath of the dagger
20) 1 x shield
21) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 2.44 kg
Measurements: 24.3cm*19.0cm*38.0cm

4 products/master carton
GW: 10.71 kg
Measurements: 56.0cm*40.0cm*40.5cm

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403512
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403511
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403513
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403710
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16403811

PL2021-182B

Ramesses the Great-White 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Ramesses the Great-White 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-182B
Bar Code: 697 127233 111 3

Ramesses II ( reigned 1279–1213 BC), also known as Ramesses the Great, was the third pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt. He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the New Kingdom, itself the most powerful period of Ancient Egypt. His successors and later Egyptians called him the "Great Ancestor".

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
9) 1 x decorative belt
15) 1 x spear
16) 1 x sword
18) 1 x dagger
20) 1 x shield
21) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box

4 products/master carton

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413210
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413310
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413311
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413411
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413510
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413511
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413610
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16413611

PL2021-182C
Ramesses the Great-Blue 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Item Name: Ramesses the Great-Blue 1/6 Scale Action Figure
Item No: PL2021-182C
Bar Code: 697 127233 112 0

Ramesses II (reigned 1279–1213 BC), also known as Ramesses the Great, was the third pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt. He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the New Kingdom, itself the most powerful period of Ancient Egypt. His successors and later Egyptians called him the "Great Ancestor".

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
9) 1 x decorative belt
15) 1 x spear
16) 1 x sword
18) 1 x dagger
20) 1 x shield
21) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box

4 products/master carton

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16422410
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16422810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16422910
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16422911
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16423011
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16423010
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 16423110

#newproduct #TBLeague #RamsesII #EgyptianPharaoh #male #historical/fantasy

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
This is the figure I have been waiting for for years, insofar as we have been accumulating various Egyptian Queens and Court ladies, and for those of us more fantasy inclined, a whole TBL pantheon of 6 Gods (plus color variations) and counting, but weirdly, without one single non-God Egyptian "regular" male figure.  On my shelf the DAMToys Bayek somewhat filled that gap, but it's an imperfect fit, so the present figure is most welcome.

Needless to say, I do not think of it as being in any way specifically the Ramesses II the Great, and anybody trying to hold it to some kind of specific representation will likely find discrepancies to complain about.  I suspect there will be details about it that cannot be fully real world accurate, whether they be mismatched in particular periods of history, or outright not historical, but to my eyes there is nothing glaringly wrong about the figure, and I regard it as "substantially credible" in the style it is intended to convey, if not necessarily in textbook detail.

Also I was so relieved when I saw in the last "money shot" that the headgear is removable (as some of the TBL females were not).  This is a relief primarily because (a) IMHO 1/6 gear should never be sculpted on, period, end of story, but also, (b) removability permits making head swaps to get different characters out of the 3 colour variants.  I do wish TBL had maybe slightly varied up the gear, as they have with some previous variants, but the color differences are probably strong enough to adequately differentiate these 3 if they were displayed together.  Finally I think we should be relieved that they sculpted a bald head for an Egyptian Pharaoh called Ramesses, yet they resisted the temptation to go for a Yul Brinner likeness.

Annalise

Annalise
Well, it's good to see someone happy about this. Yet another easy pass for me.

shazzdan

shazzdan
It is fantasy but pretty well executed. There are a few pieces here that are decent enough to contribute to a historical version.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Dan that this has plenty of fantasy in it, but the overall effect is less crazy than it might have been. Actually I love it almost as much as if it had been more accurate. And while I would have loved to see a proper rendition of Yul Brynner, I like the head too.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like the headsculpt.... and thankfully it is a separate piece from the headdress. And bald, too! Has potential....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The more I look at this, the more I like the headsculpt...I can already see some potential figures I would make with this. Trying to decide if it is worth me PO'ing the full figure, or if I'd be better off just waiting to get the parted out headsculpt. Guessing this is the M33 body?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The more I look at this, the more I like the headsculpt...I can already see some potential figures I would make with this. Trying to figure out if it is worth me PO'ing the full figure, or if I'd be better off just waiting to get the parted out headsculpt. Guessing this is the M33 body?

Possibly, I think so too. They were using the M35 for a number of their male figures, but the most recent one, Tutankhamun, used M33. So if you are after both the head and the body (but it won't have the bare feet or the male bits), and if you like the other items enough, it might be worthwhile. GianToy has them for preorder, but they are $240 (though free shipping, and deposit is $20).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I'm working out my logistics on how to use a variant to get two of these that don't look too cookie-cutter.  1st choice is the White, because it is the most differentiated.  For my number 2, between Black or Blue I am opting for the blue, because turquoise blue seems the more authentic Egyptian color choice, and I can reserve Black robes for the TBL Gods.  

It occurs to me that a Sideshow buck might be a very suitable Bald head for the second figure, though I forget how those necks are connected.  Actually might be kind of interesting to use a "Sideshow Art S B African American body" altogether (without getting into the whole, "Egyptians were African but their Pharaohs were Greek" debate).  That head might look great with this crown, though obviously the body would have the visible joints.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MBAM, I had to look it up. Why do you think that would be a more suitable head? The crown has to be able to fit, and given how close the fit has to be, I wonder if it will fit properly any but the set's head, except perhaps by fortuitous accident. As for the pharaohs, they were Greek only during the Argead and Ptolemaic Periods (332-30 BC), and of course after that they were Roman. Before that they were Persian (526-404 and 343-332 BC) and mostly Libyan (after c.1070 BC), and before that Egyptian. Which was not quite the same thing as black African, certainly according to themselves. The exception would be the Kush-ite domination (primarily 712-664 BC).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:MBAM, I had to look it up. Why do you think that would be a more suitable head? The crown has to be able to fit, and given how close the fit has to be, I wonder if it will fit properly any but the set's head, except perhaps by fortuitous accident. As for the pharaohs, they were Greek only during the Argead and Ptolemaic Periods (332-30 BC), and of course after that they were Roman. Before that they were Persian (526-404 and 343-332 BC) and mostly Libyan (after c.1070 BC), and before that Egyptian. Which was not quite the same thing as black African, certainly according to themselves. The exception would be the Kush-ite domination (primarily 712-664 BC).

It's not the matter of finding a "more suitable" head, but if somebody gets two of these (eg the White and the Blue), then to make the  second one a different person will require a good, suitable and somewhat easily available bald head that is, as you point out, probably on the smaller side.  So the Art S. Bucks came to mind.

And, because one of the Art S Bs that I have is the African American one, it made me think of all those huge controversies re the African non-nature of the Egyptians -- eg that Gods of Egypt was absolutely savaged for using European actors in 2016, and right now Gal Gadot is being raked over the coals as a non-African playing Cleopatra, though she is at least middle-Eastern (Israeli), and she has pointed out Cleopatra herself was Macedonian.  So to say the least, it's a live subject (and I do say the least, because it raises some tempers, and is off-topic anyway) which might be interesting to memorialize by making a fully African Egyptian in TBL gear.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting, it censored Kush-ite, so I had to throw in a hyphen. Anyway, I meant to say the blue crown would indeed be the historically most accurate (especially if you gild the brow band). That is the one I'm pre-ordering, although visually I like the white version best (mostly because of the clothing -- which is more appropriate in white).

Right, I have come across the various racist appropriation claims and counterclaims elsewhere, but I forgot about the Gal Gadot controversy. I very much doubt the Ptolemies would have raised an eyebrow over her appearance, and their Egyptian subjects likewise. Her faith, on the other hand, would not have been welcomed on the throne. Funny (or tragic) how potent and divisive the power of dogma -- religious or otherwise.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting, it censored Kush-ite, so I had to throw in a hyphen. Anyway, I meant to say the blue crown would indeed be the historically most accurate (especially if you gild the brow band). That is the one I'm pre-ordering, although visually I like the white version best (mostly because of the clothing -- which is more appropriate in white).

Right, I have come across the various racist appropriation claims and counterclaims elsewhere, but I forgot about the Gal Gadot controversy. I very much doubt the Ptolemies would have raised an eyebrow over her appearance, and their Egyptian subjects likewise. Her faith, on the other hand, would not have been welcomed on the throne. Funny (or tragic) how potent and divisive the power of dogma -- religious or otherwise.

Very true.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting, it censored Kush-ite, so I had to throw in a hyphen. Anyway, I meant to say the blue crown would indeed be the historically most accurate (especially if you gild the brow band). That is the one I'm pre-ordering, although visually I like the white version best (mostly because of the clothing -- which is more appropriate in white).

I feel exactly the same. I like the look of the white one the best but will be buying the blue one. If I ditch the shoulder guards and replace his tunic with a white one, he should look pretty good.

csyeung

csyeung
The head sculpt on this looks pretty good! I know nothing of the accuracy of these figures, the sword and shield also look pretty cool too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I feel exactly the same. I like the look of the white one the best but will be buying the blue one. If I ditch the shoulder guards and replace his tunic with a white one, he should look pretty good.

Agreed, naturally. I feel that if I got only one set and it was the white one, I would feel compelled to repaint the crown. Given that it is in relief, and not wanting a totally flat paint job, that would likely be a pain. So I'm going for the blue one and hoping to snag some of the white clothing parted out.

csyeung wrote:The head sculpt on this looks pretty good! I know nothing of the accuracy of these figures, the sword and shield also look pretty cool too.

I agree. There is enough here that is accurate or at least not-too-inaccurate-looking that, combined with a well made figure overall, makes this likable. At least that is how I feel. The crown is quite accurate, especially if blue. There should be streamers hanging from the back of it. The collar is the right shape, if a slightly loose interpretation. The belt and "apron"-like decoration hanging from it is quite accurate, except for the king's name in the cartouche ring. The kilt is about right for one of several possible options. The crossed wing armor or decoration part is based on depictions and artifacts, although I don't know that it would have been on top of a breastplate for sure. The greaves are fantasy for an Egyptian context, but they look cool and besides one can always take them off. The shoulder pieces are probably all fantasy, more appropriate for Roman gladiators. If they really wanted to beef up the armor, they should have given him a long scale mail tunic. The biceps bracelets are probably close to accurate, the vambraces I'm not sure, maybe, but not entirely. The sandals are not quite right but not too far off. The sword, dagger, and shield look very cool indeed. I've never seen an Egyptian sword sheath, so I don't know about that, but the shield is fantasy. Here are some reference images of Rameses II at war, both ancient depictions (or drawings of them) and modern interpretations:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) Ramses10

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) Ramses11

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) C0444310

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) Ramess10

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Here are some reference images of Rameses II at war, both ancient depictions (or drawings of them) and modern interpretations:

That chariot would be very easy for TBL to do, if they were so inclined, or relatively easy for someone to customize.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 424410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A chariot would be so cool. But imagine the cost. Despite appearances, it needs room for at least one warrior and one charioteer. And it will take two horses!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I think at some point we may more likely get a Roman chariot done by HHmodel & HaoYuTOYS, as they do horses routinely, and make things like the Ballista, whereas TBL hasn't even done one horse. Now if you wanted to go big, a Roman Chariot could go 4 horses as well as a 2 horse version. And they'd have the selling point that a Roman (racing) chariot specifically brings up associations with the Ben Hur movies and such. Part of the challenge would be that, as Shazzdan and Lynkhart quite correctly emphasized over in the Tyrant thread, the horses would need to be shorter than we are used to, and probably couln't use any existing 1/6 horse.

shazzdan

shazzdan
One type of chariot that the Egyptians used in battle was an open-framed, "ultra-light" variant - the F1 racing car of the day. If you could get some wheels, the rest would be easy to reproduce in 1:6. The second one here was found in Tut's tomb so they were used by Pharoahs as well as regular charioteers.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 8889702
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) 100803-TutChariot-hmed-245p

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:The sword, dagger, and shield look very cool indeed. I've never seen an Egyptian sword sheath, so I don't know about that, but the shield is fantasy.
The sword and shield are both fantasy. They were still using bronze weapons except for knives made for the elite from meteoritic iron and the style of that sword is more Mycenaean than Egyptian (though there was extensive trade between the two empires so it is reasonable to expect some Egyptian warriors to be using Greek weapons). I would replace the straight sword with a khopesh even though they weren't so popular by the time of Rameses II. I can't think of a depiction showing Rameses with any kind of sword so he may not have used a sword at all. A mace would be a reasonable weapon to give him since it symbolised authority in Egypt like it did in some other cultures. One thing to note is that, at this point in time, the chariot archer was starting to be phased out in favour of chariot javelineers. Some depictions of Rameses' chariot show a javelin-case in addition to an arrow-quiver. The transition was complete in the following century - not just in Egypt but throughout the region.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
One thing I find incredible about the depiction of of Ramses on the chariot is that he has the reins tied around his waist when he's drawing the bow??? How in the world does that work.... or am I not seeing that right.... O.O

(I'd love a 1/6 scale chariot as well, though my preference would be for a Celtic chariot!! )

Ovy

Ovy
Ahh I have to say it again, that is what I love about this place, when things get historical and expert information is exchanged it's always a nice read.

I really like that figure too, I was really thinking about maybe getting this one for a basis of a culture for my fantasy undead apocalypse with it's 14-15th century tech level. (would be the first set I would buy in two years)
But 240 might be too much. And I wouldn't be able to decide between the colors, although blue is not that interesting.

Live in ancient egypt would have been great for a 1/6 collector, you would only need one 1/6 figure of your mighty ruler, the rest would be 1/12 scale or something.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:
But 240 might be too much. And I wouldn't be able to decide between the colors, although blue is not that interesting.

Yeah, the price is annoying. I only want the head, maybe the body and the stand, at most. So , ehhhh...

But lol, my choice would have been the blue, mainly because I like the subdued colour scheme.

Ovy wrote:Live in ancient egypt would have been great for a 1/6 collector, you would only need one 1/6 figure of your mighty ruler, the rest would be 1/12 scale or something.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
sky, keep an eye on Monkey Depot, and if you spot it grab it — even with shipping that may be your best bet. I would avoid most China eBay sellers once it gets parted out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Egyptian Pharaoh-Ramses II Black/White/Blue (PL2021-182A/B/C) C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum