OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The pig and the maid

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

21The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am

Valiarde

Thank you all for the nice comments. bom

Ovy wrote:For once, the pig is the star of the show! Might be the most beautiful medieval toy 1/6 pig home photoshooting in the entire world yet.

Like sky said, the warm light creates that olde picture feel.

The cat that replaced the candles with the book might turnninto a problem, security wise.

And yeah, some promising head prints of children successfully extracted from neoclassical and antique busts. Will make some reviews once the bodies are here.

lol! yeah, chances are pretty good here.
Was not surprised you spottet the difference on the last two pics here with the candle and the book. But did you see the rat too?
I'm very eager to see your painted heads for the children  cheers

Stryker2011 wrote:Really digging this so far. I like the broken fence slat, adds a bit more realism to the whole thing, along with the weathering. The pen seems a bit small, however, for the size of the pig — but otherwise, very cool. Could use a bit more “slop” (strewn about loose hay and mud), but I’m sure it’ll get there.  Great backdrop with the wall and windows. Nice to see your lady again.

Thank you and I agree, the pen is a bit small for that pig. The base was intended to fit for detolf action figures first before I decided to use that floor for the pig. And yeah, some more hay and mad wouldn't be bad either.

Delanie wrote:I love this set up as people have said before the lighting is good, the sty I love the details like the broken slat. but I'm really impressed by the maid outfit as it's not something you usually see

Yeah I also love that outfit done by a forum member on another board. She does good commission work.

22The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:03 am

Ephiane

Fantastic Scene ! The weathering is top. So many details, like the cat sleeping on the hay bale. I´m really happy to hear Your start building a village in that style. A museum must be proud of Your dios. Oh,and the pig is great Laughing All looks like authentic to me for that period of time. For sure i do fantasy stuff and are not an expert Wink

Oh, just found this ones. I MUST show it to You Very Happy

The pig and the maid - Page 2 21071_10

23The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 am

ZombieTestSubject

Such awesome work on this diorama and the figures. Can't wait to see the full scene you intend with it.

24The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:46 pm

ReverendSpooky

THIS. IS. AWESOME.  The subtle details are nuts!  Did you use a resin for the muddy water between the stones?  And you have to let us know how you got the texture on the wood.  It looks genuinely old, maybe wet and a little soft, with a fuzzy film of dirt and moss.  And I love the cat skulking around. It's all gorgeous.

http://reverendspooky.com

25The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ephiane wrote:

Oh, just found this ones. I MUST show it to You Very Happy

Thanks for showing me these  cheers I'm not sure I need more but they would be fitting. The original plan was one pig just waling down the street, eating the leftovers from the vegetable meals in an old medieval village, the pen was just a spontaneous thing.

ReverendSpooky wrote:THIS. IS. AWESOME.  The subtle details are nuts!  Did you use a resin for the muddy water between the stones?  And you have to let us know how you got the texture on the wood.  It looks genuinely old, maybe wet and a little soft, with a fuzzy film of dirt and moss.  And I love the cat skulking around.  It's all gorgeous.

Thank you Rev!! Yes the water is resin with a bit of coloring.
As for the wood, the corner pillars are just made of XPS foam and the across ones are made of balsa wood. I painted it with different mixtures of brown acrylic color and a black wash. The structure was made with a wire brush. Moss is static grass, shortest version (I think 2,5mm). Thanks for asking.

26The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:33 pm

A Man

27The pig and the maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thats some real good work and great level of detail, the lighting in particular makes the scene a lot more vivid.

and no wonder the maid looks spaced out, she's probably catching every disease there is right now, medieval or otherwise;) bare feet in pig poop. come to think of the latter if the pig ever needs a change of scenery, i can't help but to thing of a mad max energy source Smile
something about the german voice over that stuck with me, even if i prefer the original version : " nicht scheisse, energie!! "

by the way is resin toxic when used in this way in terms of fumes? i'm tempted to use it in the future but neither the room i store my figures in nor the basement i get most of the work done has good ventilation options.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum