OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The pig and the maid

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The pig and the maid Empty The pig and the maid Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I have no big story for these pics.

I'm creating a bigger medieval fantasy diorama (will took some time) and collecting more and more little parts for that.
The pig and the backdrop are just pieces of the bigger picture - you already know the maiden from the well I posted a few weeks ago. Someday it will be one big scenery. But for now, I want to show you the stye for the pig and the backdrop. I put in some more animals here and there.
Hope you enjoy Very Happy  

The pig and the maid SfGJ95X

The pig and the maid H5TeqPo

The pig and the maid Pevrt1k

The pig and the maid KW4fmyX

The pig and the maid ALHGO6H

The pig and the maid GJ0Nr46

The pig and the maid HjtCJKj

The pig and the maid 1652w3N

The pig and the maid MYM0U7H

The pig and the maid EsYJelp

The pig and the maid MPbAIpj

2The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Chip

Very impressive diorama work , I like the cat curled up in the last pic , very typical . The maid looks to be in a world of her own ...probably bored of feeding the pig by now . Very Happy

3The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice, and very promising. You appear to be very well on your way to the bigger medieval diorama. That pig is just perfect, where did you get it?

4The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:17 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Very fitting and straightforward with the title. I could see it being a big blockbuster spin-off of Charlotte's Web or those Babe films from the 90s. lol

But oh wow, this is seriously perfect. Some expert-level craftsmanship for sure. The whole scene has just the right amount of grit and weathering to pass as a 1:1 replica. I can't wait to see the rest of the 'bigger picture' - I'm imagining some chickens and other livestock roaming around in the rest of the diorama, maybe a horse carriage (have they made those in 1:6 scale yet?), some food market stands...perhaps even a jester entertaining a crowd or some children? Hmm maybe I am thinking too much of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The possibilities are endless in a setting like this, though.

5The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:11 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Looks great. I like the cat coming through the open window.

6The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:17 am

davidd

davidd
The stonework is excellent, and the overall sense of dampness, mud, and even smell is outstanding!

Beautiful lighting on these images, which helps bring the superb model work to life!

7The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:13 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Chip wrote:Very impressive diorama work , I like the cat curled up in the last pic , very typical . The maid looks to be in a world of her own ...probably bored of feeding the pig by now . Very Happy

Haha yes, the maid probably dreams of a prince on an Ili Horse, but that might be a bit too far out of her reach. She is pretty though, disney take note! Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice, and very promising. You appear to be very well on your way to the bigger medieval diorama. That pig is just perfect, where did you get it?

Thanks GF! I found it on ebay when I was searching for one for my project:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-White-Pig-Model-Toy-Pet-Animal-Fingurine-Scene-Model-Fit-12-Action-Figure/274503951408?hash=item3fe9b5e430:g:l3MAAOSwZcZcamBk
Therre is also a black one

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Very fitting and straightforward with the title. I could see it being a big blockbuster spin-off of Charlotte's Web or those Babe films from the 90s. lol

But oh wow, this is seriously perfect. Some expert-level craftsmanship for sure. The whole scene has just the right amount of grit and weathering to pass as a 1:1 replica. I can't wait to see the rest of the 'bigger picture' - I'm imagining some chickens and other livestock roaming around in the rest of the diorama, maybe a horse carriage (have they made those in 1:6 scale yet?), some food market stands...perhaps even a jester entertaining a crowd or some children? Hmm maybe I am thinking too much of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The possibilities are endless in a setting like this, though.

Ha you are right on track with your vision - I already got a horse carriage from a friend. I don't know where it is from since it looks like cheap wooden children toy but maybe I can give it a good weathering to fit right in. Smile
The market stand is also in production right now. Missing the children, but since Ovy is planning on doing some, I might snatch one too.

TravelGuide wrote:Looks great. I like the cat coming through the open window.

Thanks. That cat is just suited for that move, even though it is a bit oversized for a cat, but feels just right in the background.

davidd wrote:The stonework is excellent, and the overall sense of dampness, mud, and even smell is outstanding!

Beautiful lighting on these images, which helps bring the superb model work to life!

Thank you! Smile I love experimenting with stonework. Took me some time to find my way of doing it.

8The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the link. I believe I have seen it before, but your pig looks so much better. And looking forward to the next appearance of your beautiful diorama, maid, and critters.

9The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Well I weathered it a bit more but just slightly and good lighting also works wonders for pictures Smile

10The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:57 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow!!! Stunning work! your weathering is indeed top notch, but your lighting is also very beautiful and conveys just the right mood. It gives that little bit of warm feeling you get from looking at old paintings. The moss on and between the stones is also a great touch. Already commented on the maid before, but she looks amazing in the diorama. Like everyone else, I'm definitely looking forward to an expanded scene!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

11The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Oh wow! loving everything about this! Can't wait to see what you planned if this is only a small part of a much larger diorama!

12The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:17 am

Diana

Diana
Stunning! Shocked

Just beauuuuuuutiful. Thank you so much for sharing and putting so much love into this. I'm am looking forward to more in the future.

13The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:26 am

Ovy

Ovy
For once, the pig is the star of the show! Might be the most beautiful medieval to1/6 pig home photoshooting in the entire world yet.

Like sky said, the warm light creates that olde picture feel.

The cat that replaced the candles with the book might turnninto a problem, security wise.

And yeah, some promising head prints of children successfully extracted from neoclassical and antique busts. Will make some reviews once the bodies are here.

14The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:05 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really digging this so far. I like the broken fence slat, adds a bit more realism to the whole thing, along with the weathering. The pen seems a bit small, however, for the size of the pig — but otherwise, very cool. Could use a bit more “slop” (strewn about loose hay and mud), but I’m sure it’ll get there.  Great backdrop with the wall and windows. Nice to see your lady again.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The pig and the maid C8485110

15The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a neat looking pen for that big ol' pig, the kitties walking around adds a little extra, specially that one napping on the haybale.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The pig and the maid 1f60e

16The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:25 am

Delanie

Delanie
I love this set up as people have said before the lighting is good, the sty I love the details like the broken slat. but I'm really impressed by the maid outfit as it's not something you usually see

17The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you all for the nice comments. bom

Ovy wrote:For once, the pig is the star of the show! Might be the most beautiful medieval toy 1/6 pig home photoshooting in the entire world yet.

Like sky said, the warm light creates that olde picture feel.

The cat that replaced the candles with the book might turnninto a problem, security wise.

And yeah, some promising head prints of children successfully extracted from neoclassical and antique busts. Will make some reviews once the bodies are here.

lol! yeah, chances are pretty good here.
Was not surprised you spottet the difference on the last two pics here with the candle and the book. But did you see the rat too?
I'm very eager to see your painted heads for the children  cheers

Stryker2011 wrote:Really digging this so far. I like the broken fence slat, adds a bit more realism to the whole thing, along with the weathering. The pen seems a bit small, however, for the size of the pig — but otherwise, very cool. Could use a bit more “slop” (strewn about loose hay and mud), but I’m sure it’ll get there.  Great backdrop with the wall and windows. Nice to see your lady again.

Thank you and I agree, the pen is a bit small for that pig. The base was intended to fit for detolf action figures first before I decided to use that floor for the pig. And yeah, some more hay and mad wouldn't be bad either.

Delanie wrote:I love this set up as people have said before the lighting is good, the sty I love the details like the broken slat. but I'm really impressed by the maid outfit as it's not something you usually see

Yeah I also love that outfit done by a forum member on another board. She does good commission work.

18The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:03 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Scene ! The weathering is top. So many details, like the cat sleeping on the hay bale. I´m really happy to hear Your start building a village in that style. A museum must be proud of Your dios. Oh,and the pig is great Laughing All looks like authentic to me for that period of time. For sure i do fantasy stuff and are not an expert Wink

Oh, just found this ones. I MUST show it to You Very Happy

The pig and the maid 21071_10

19The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 am

ZombieTestSubject

Such awesome work on this diorama and the figures. Can't wait to see the full scene you intend with it.

20The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:46 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
THIS. IS. AWESOME.  The subtle details are nuts!  Did you use a resin for the muddy water between the stones?  And you have to let us know how you got the texture on the wood.  It looks genuinely old, maybe wet and a little soft, with a fuzzy film of dirt and moss.  And I love the cat skulking around. It's all gorgeous.

21The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ephiane wrote:

Oh, just found this ones. I MUST show it to You Very Happy

Thanks for showing me these  cheers I'm not sure I need more but they would be fitting. The original plan was one pig just waling down the street, eating the leftovers from the vegetable meals in an old medieval village, the pen was just a spontaneous thing.

ReverendSpooky wrote:THIS. IS. AWESOME.  The subtle details are nuts!  Did you use a resin for the muddy water between the stones?  And you have to let us know how you got the texture on the wood.  It looks genuinely old, maybe wet and a little soft, with a fuzzy film of dirt and moss.  And I love the cat skulking around.  It's all gorgeous.

Thank you Rev!! Yes the water is resin with a bit of coloring.
As for the wood, the corner pillars are just made of XPS foam and the across ones are made of balsa wood. I painted it with different mixtures of brown acrylic color and a black wash. The structure was made with a wire brush. Moss is static grass, shortest version (I think 2,5mm). Thanks for asking.

22The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:33 pm

A Man

23The pig and the maid Empty Re: The pig and the maid Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thats some real good work and great level of detail, the lighting in particular makes the scene a lot more vivid.

and no wonder the maid looks spaced out, she's probably catching every disease there is right now, medieval or otherwise;) bare feet in pig poop. come to think of the latter if the pig ever needs a change of scenery, i can't help but to thing of a mad max energy source Smile
something about the german voice over that stuck with me, even if i prefer the original version : " nicht scheisse, energie!! "

by the way is resin toxic when used in this way in terms of fumes? i'm tempted to use it in the future but neither the room i store my figures in nor the basement i get most of the work done has good ventilation options.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum