OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Here once again with the one and only, the interdimensional time travelling solid wood door. In reality just a very simple bash, nothing fancy really and a few works in progress. I've been a bit busy and working a bit more slowly when doing figures, between having to scratch build and modifying some stuff and waiting for deliveries to arrive I pretty much had nothing real to post but now!.... still not done with all of them but soon.  So without further ado  lets go to the short story that makes this figure make sense.

From Community Volunteer Police to Private Police Contractors

During the late 70's to early 80's United States politicians looked for ways to bring an end to what many saw as a rise in gang violence and drugs, in 1979 the Community Volunteer Police act was passed which allowed communities to form quasi police agencies that would deal with community security and drug issues. The act would lead to the creation of such volunteer police agencies around the country including the United State's autonomous communities, by the mid 80's the number of such agencies had increased from only 20 in 1979 to more than 50,000 this number however did not grow and instead started to decline not because the need for them was no longer there but because they where now being taken over by security corporations who by the early 90's had managed to change the act to allow for corporations to have such power. However by 1992 new regulations where forced upon these companies after many cases of abuse and rights violations, chief among them was limiting their capabilities in terms of arrest, bigger oversight and banning the use of  lethal weapons.

By the early 2000's most states and autonomous communities in the US had some for of private police force working along side with local law enforcements, the regulations meant they could no longer arrest, detain or carry weapons with the exception of non-lethal or low lethality weapons such as J&S Non lethal electric flechette launcher, a semi automatic platform capable of firing non lethal electrically charged flechettes.
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  Oy1NjAt
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  F3kXNsk
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  V6C1lDY

Simple enough, and as mentioned before some works in progress that I'll hopefully be posting soon enough.  Some are more finished than others but they are still not done. I didn't take full body photos either cause I want them to be a surprise. 😊
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  Hdsf36T
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  FT5xyDn
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  PARL1tj
[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  TYc2m6c

And well, with nothing else to add or say I bid you all a happy and fun weekend, remember always to stay safe out there and have fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like there really was some time travel involved there, in a couple of shots. The door doesn't need to time travel -- it can just persevere from one period to another. Nice figure and back story. Also nice traffic cones. And I didn't miss what you did there with your logo. Smile

Chip

I like your pics in the dio , which is also very good . The works in progress look interesting too .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good. So many little details — like the leg wraps. How bizarre the time traveling, with the hints at the other three figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice little diorama. Street looks cool.
Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like there really was some time travel involved there, in a couple of shots. The door doesn't need to time travel -- it can just persevere from one period to another. Nice figure and back story. Also nice traffic cones. And I didn't miss what you did there with your logo. Smile

Thanks Gubernator. But what if the door is indeed time travelling? I think there's something up with it but I'm not sure. I'm glad you notice the logo on the cone, in this time line I produce traffic cones.

Chip wrote:I like your pics in the dio , which is also very good . The works in progress look interesting too .
Thanks Chip!

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. So many little details — like the leg wraps. How bizarre the time traveling, with the hints at the other three figures.
Thanks Stryker, they might all be related but I'll probably photograph them all using the same background, or maybe the door just appears.

Valiarde wrote:Nice little diorama. Street looks cool.
Smile
Thanks Valiarde!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Thanks Gubernator. But what if the door is indeed time travelling? I think there's something up with it but I'm not sure. I'm glad you notice the logo on the cone, in this time line I produce traffic cones.

One can always make do with more sixth-scale stuff of that kind. Especially if produced by Theboo-bomb! Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Nice and simple, nice because he is trying/ordered to be non lethal. Well I guess these kinds of law enforcers are a law person's dream/nightmare.

It took me a second to realize the time door had been activated, so when I saw the chainmail, I first had to think of these chainmail police guys: [Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  9e5
He is just standing there like an action figure promo shot.

And yeah, your teased knight person is the one I am most interested in, although you can never go wrong with my favourite Speznas vest.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:
Theboo-bomb wrote:Thanks Gubernator. But what if the door is indeed time travelling? I think there's something up with it but I'm not sure. I'm glad you notice the logo on the cone, in this time line I produce traffic cones.

One can always make do with more sixth-scale stuff of that kind. Especially if produced by Theboo-bomb! Smile

I want to make some jersey barriers and similar, still need to get them past the "planned in my head" part, I might put the logo on them just for fun.

Ovy wrote:Nice and simple, nice because he is trying/ordered to be non lethal. Well I guess these kinds of law enforcers are a law person's dream/nightmare.

It took me a second to realize the time door had been activated, so when I saw the chainmail, I first had to think of these chainmail police guys: [Dystopic] We are the police! For a price of course  9e5
He is just standing there like an action figure promo shot.

And yeah, your teased knight person is the one I am most interested in, although you can never go wrong with my favourite Speznas vest.

Thanks Ovy, he's probably the least lethal of the dystopic bunch, but only because he's regulated by the government, not that private police sometimes get a bit carried away with their "non lethal" equipment.

That chain mail police is what I imagine happens when you upgrade the era but forget to upgrade armor in age of empires and other similar games. I hope to get chainmail dude ready, but that "chainmail" is a bit tricky to work with, I think it was made for a giant.

I didn't expect the spetnaz best to be so easy to identify, but I think it's the same one you used for one of your post apocalyptic figures, I must say your guys chose a cool vest, I hope I live up to it's future user's coolness.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I somehow missed this post. Nice job on the Police man! He looks one tough guy!

A Man

Food for thought to see how time changes and the door remains the same.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
BAMComix wrote:I somehow missed this post. Nice job on the Police man! He looks one tough guy!
Thanks Bam, I'm glad he looks tough.

A Man wrote:Food for thought to see how time changes and the door remains the same.

Thanks A Man, time changes but door is eternal, forever closed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum