OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

csyeung

thanks for the pictures ghost!

oof, that chin does look weird on profile!

I only have one ym head and it was on the smaller side, but I've heard they are inconsistent in that regard (some bigger, some smaller).

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Check it out. She's channeling the artistic approach of the "early Amarna art style" from the 14th century BC!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 512px-ReliefPortraitOfAkhenaten01

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ghost808

GubernatorFan wrote:Check it out. She's channeling the artistic approach of the "early Amarna art style" from the 14th century BC!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 512px-ReliefPortraitOfAkhenaten01
Wow, it's her...except the chin is more convincing! 😆

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
It's actually the pharaoh Akhenaten (r. c. 1351-1334 BC), in the more "extreme" style from relatively early in his reign, which has been described alternately as naturalistic or (in this case more obviously) cartoonish.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Illusion

Illusion
I got my set yesterday and am rather pleased with the head. Her chin probably would not even have appeared to me as odd without checking in here… Very Happy

here‘s mine:
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 20211002_0922099aj8l

I have not had a look at the outfit yet (which I did not care about anyway when ordering… but the solo heads had not been available at that time). Sounds like it is little use Sad. Thanks for reminding me of possible staining issues! Stupid me keeps forgetting about it all the time clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 1f62c

csyeung

csyeung
I'm weary of any black clothing nowadays. It's crazy sometimes how easily it stains sculpts. Now I try to pad it with something before putting item on, especially hats.

She looks good to me from the front.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love Illusion's more somber, mature look to the head. She looks great from that angle, even if the chin is a bit sharp and the bottom of the face generally ever so slightly disproportionately small compared to the rest.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Illusion wrote:I got my set yesterday and am rather pleased with the head. Her chin probably would not even have appeared to me as odd without checking in here… Very Happy

here‘s mine:
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 20211002_0922099aj8l

I have not had a look at the outfit yet (which I did not care about anyway when ordering… but the solo heads had not been available at that time). Sounds like it is little use Sad. Thanks for reminding me of possible staining issues! Stupid me keeps forgetting about it all the time clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 1f62c
Apologies if I spoiled the chin for you. I didn't notice it either, until I put it on a body.

Weirdly, your head looks better than mine. You are clearly far better at photography than me, so it could be that. But yours also looks a slightly nicer shape. Have Giantoy sent me a knock off set??? 😲

Illusion

Illusion
Ghost808 wrote:
Apologies if I spoiled the chin for you. I didn't notice it either, until I put it on a body.

Weirdly, your head looks better than mine. You are clearly far better at photography than me, so it could be that. But yours also looks a slightly nicer shape. Have Giantoy sent me a knock off set??? 😲

Na… the chin is indeed a bit odd, but I am no hardcore realism collector, so as long as I like it, anything can be fine with me alien

I think, it is just the angle at which you took your pics ? but you seem not to be that happy in hand … as for me: the moment I took the head out of the box, I thought „Yessss“

the body, esp. the size of the neck, also can make quite a difference as to how a head appears… Some TBL necks are rather thick… and some cheaper body heads are very long… it is a rather frustrating trial and error for me (on top of the ever existing skintone issue)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Subtle changes in position can throw perceptions right off and make a sculpt look entirely different - that chin is oddly-shaped but Illusion's sculpt is pictured from a more flattering downward-looking angle.

A couple of YM sculpts have that weird chin-to-neck 'gap' when seen in profile, it seems to be a deliberate design choice (some GAC sculpts have it too now I come to think of it).

EDIT: Heh, we posted within minutes of each other there Smile

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
I'm looking forward to getting my set in the mail soon! I've been waiting for a decent cropped leather jacket with properly square tailored shoulders for a long time. This isn't quite what I wanted but it'll work.

Thanks for sharing the in-hand pics.

Been looking forward to this sculpt, too, since last spring. She's going to be a demon familiar for one of my other characters.

Also if people are interested in this sculpt, they are releasing them alone and there are three other hair options.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Hey, everyone - sorry for double posting, but the individual heads with the four hair color options are now shipping! (or at least from Giant Toy) I saw that the long silver and shiny short silver are both sold out. I saw that this leather outfit set sold out quickly as well at least on their site.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
phicenfemmesfatales wrote:Hey, everyone - sorry for double posting, but the individual heads with the four hair color options are now shipping! (or at least from Giant Toy) I saw that the long silver and shiny short silver are both sold out. I saw that this leather outfit set sold out quickly as well at least on their site.

Did you order any of them?  I keep wanting to pull the trigger on the brunette with the long hair, but I was hoping to see pics of the production version first.   I may have to just order one while I can, because I won’t be able to beat Giantoy’s price.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Xavion2004 wrote:
phicenfemmesfatales wrote:Hey, everyone - sorry for double posting, but the individual heads with the four hair color options are now shipping! (or at least from Giant Toy) I saw that the long silver and shiny short silver are both sold out. I saw that this leather outfit set sold out quickly as well at least on their site.

Did you order any of them?  I keep wanting to pull the trigger on the brunette with the long hair, but I was hoping to see pics of the production version first.   I may have to just order one while I can, because I won’t be able to beat Giantoy’s price.

I have the long-haired silver one from the leather outfit set already, but I ordered the brunette version and the short silver version, so the character I'm using her for can change hairstyles. I haven't received them yet, but I assume they'll have the same face as the one already pictured in hand--just different hair.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I went ahead and ordered the brunette.   Once Giantoy is out of stock, I’m looking at $40 to $50 shipped instead of $31.

I’m having a tough time finding the right head sculpt for a character that’s from England with dark hair and light eyes.  That combination is harder to find than I would have imagined with all of the head sculpts out there. Hopefully this will be the one.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Xavion2004 wrote:I went ahead and ordered the brunette.   Once Giantoy is out of stock, I’m looking at $40 to $50 shipped instead of $31.

I don't think you'll regret it. Cool

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
phicenenthusiast wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:I went ahead and ordered the brunette.   Once Giantoy is out of stock, I’m looking at $40 to $50 shipped instead of $31.

I definitely don’t regret it!  Here’s a few shots of the brunette head that arrived today as modeled by Miss Liesel Van Helsing.  This is the fourth head I’ve tried and the first that really fits her character.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 6e7f0b10

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 Ca143910

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 Abc62e10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, the head is gorgeous.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Mine is apparently Missing In Action. Neutral

Stalled in China since the 20th of December.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:
phicenenthusiast wrote:

I definitely don’t regret it!  Here’s a few shots of the brunette head that arrived today as modeled by Miss Liesel Van Helsing.  This is the fourth head I’ve tried and the first that really fits her character.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 6e7f0b10

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 Ca143910

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 Abc62e10
The dark hair looks much better. Wish I'd waited and got the standalone head now. The chin still bugs me, but it definitely looks better overall than my silver version.
Nice figure too, Xavion. The head works well with it.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Here are the silver bangs and brunette updo versions:

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 27157210
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 27140410
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 27149510

Ghost808

Ghost808
phicenenthusiast wrote:Here are the silver bangs and brunette updo versions:

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 27149510
Really like this one. Thanks for sharing.

Kayla

Kayla
This headsculpt really has a special expression that I really like.  clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 A040691  

I'm so glad that I pre-ordered it in the hair colors silver (light blue) and black from Giantoy. These 4 headsculpts sold out very quickly.

The profile is certainly a bit of a challenge when taking photos, but for such a interesting headsculpt I gladly accept it.  clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture - Page 2 A04063

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well... mine is now officially 'lost in transit'. Crying or Very sad

Probably not the best idea for GianToy to ship it five days before Christmas, using a 'between girlfriends' carrier, but here we are (now they're using 4XP to ship to the UK and three further orders have arrived with no issues). Tracking for this, though, came to a full stop before it even got on a plane out of China.

I've received profuse apologies and a full refund, but that does little to make amends for all the joy (and extra expense) I'm going to experience trying to find this somewhere else.

UPDATE: Just had to quickly snag one of the very few left on Eb*y, very much against my better judgement. I 'look forward' to receiving a "Sorry friend" email in the next few days. Neutral

csyeung

csyeung
oof, sorry to hear Geewillikers. GT and osk seem to be using 4xp to canada for me and I haven't had any problems receiving. It does suck though on some of these smaller run items that you think is coming and then something happens and you have to scramble to get one as they are already hard to get in the first place.=(. Hopefully it works out and you get one!

Ghost808

Ghost808
GeeWillikers wrote:Well... mine is now officially 'lost in transit'. Crying or Very sad

Probably not the best idea for GianToy to ship it five days before Christmas, using a 'between girlfriends' carrier, but here we are (now they're using 4XP to ship to the UK and three further orders have arrived with no issues). Tracking for this, though, came to a full stop before it even got on a plane out of China.

I've received profuse apologies and a full refund, but that does little to make amends for all the joy (and extra expense) I'm going to experience trying to find this somewhere else.

UPDATE: Just had to quickly snag one of the very few left on Eb*y, very much against my better judgement. I 'look forward' to receiving a "Sorry friend" email in the next few days. Neutral
You might get lucky here. I ordered a TBL body at Xmas of 2019. It vanished off the radar some time around Chinese customs clearance. KGHobby sent a replacement which arrived quickly, and I thought nothing more about it...

...skip ahead to July 2021, and what is waiting for me as I get home??? A shiny new, and totally free s23 on my doorstep, post dated to 2019 and covered in all kinds of redirection labels and stamps. I think that thing managed more travelling than I did when I was a student!

Good luck. Hopefully you get a quick ebay replacement, and a free bonus one, some time in the future.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

"Hi, friend, thank you for your support,

could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order due Q3? our manufacture are making this item and we're still waiting for it, once we receive it, we will send it to you in the first time.
If you are willing to wait, I will send you a gift package. When the product is shipped, I will arrange the shipment for you immediately. If you are not willing to wait, I will refund you in full.what do you think?
Waiting for your reply"

*long drawn-out sigh* I give up. This really is the final straw for me with the Chinese ebay sellers. Neutral

As we all know, this sculpt was released at the end of December. It is no longer a pre-order. This guy is apparently trying to suggest that it's a pre-order due in Q3 of 2022, rather than a pre-order scheduled for Q3 of 2021 that is a month or so late. Mad  And we also all know that 'gift package' means 'method by which I can claim I sent you something in good faith'.

It's an exciting new spin on the con, though, I'll give them that.

My best hope now is that the sculpt I bought originally turns up after all one day, like Ghost's missing TBL body.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GeeWillikers wrote:Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order due Q3? our manufacture are making this item and we're still waiting for it, once we receive it, we will send it to you in the first time.
If you are willing to wait, I will send you a gift package. When the product is shipped, I will arrange the shipment for you immediately. If you are not willing to wait, I will refund you in full.what do you think?
Waiting for your reply"

*long drawn-out sigh* I give up. This really is the final straw for me with the Chinese ebay sellers. Neutral

As we all know, this sculpt was released at the end of December. It is no longer a pre-order. This guy is apparently trying to suggest that it's a pre-order due in Q3 of 2022, rather than a pre-order scheduled for Q3 of 2021 that is a month or so late. Mad  And we also all know that 'gift package' means 'method by which I can claim I sent you something in good faith'.

My best hope now is that the sculpt I bought originally turns up after all one day, like Ghost's missing TBL body.
That sucks. It's the one reason I like the new tax rules on ebay, it puts me off buying anything, so I avoid most of these scammers. 
Blatantly nothing will arrive and you'll get stiffed because you are out of your ebay grace period. Absolute scumbags.

I really hope you get lucky and your original finds its way home.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
GeeWillikers wrote:Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

Waiting for your reply"

I've had that happen to be as well, but it was maybe 2-3 weeks after I received my "gift" that I received what I actually ordered. Sometimes they let you know; sometimes you find out when your "item" arrives and you open the package.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum