OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Ghost808

GeeWillikers wrote:Well... mine is now officially 'lost in transit'. Crying or Very sad

Probably not the best idea for GianToy to ship it five days before Christmas, using a 'between girlfriends' carrier, but here we are (now they're using 4XP to ship to the UK and three further orders have arrived with no issues). Tracking for this, though, came to a full stop before it even got on a plane out of China.

I've received profuse apologies and a full refund, but that does little to make amends for all the joy (and extra expense) I'm going to experience trying to find this somewhere else.

UPDATE: Just had to quickly snag one of the very few left on Eb*y, very much against my better judgement. I 'look forward' to receiving a "Sorry friend" email in the next few days. Neutral
You might get lucky here. I ordered a TBL body at Xmas of 2019. It vanished off the radar some time around Chinese customs clearance. KGHobby sent a replacement which arrived quickly, and I thought nothing more about it...

...skip ahead to July 2021, and what is waiting for me as I get home??? A shiny new, and totally free s23 on my doorstep, post dated to 2019 and covered in all kinds of redirection labels and stamps. I think that thing managed more travelling than I did when I was a student!

Good luck. Hopefully you get a quick ebay replacement, and a free bonus one, some time in the future.

GeeWillikers

Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

"Hi, friend, thank you for your support,

could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order due Q3? our manufacture are making this item and we're still waiting for it, once we receive it, we will send it to you in the first time.
If you are willing to wait, I will send you a gift package. When the product is shipped, I will arrange the shipment for you immediately. If you are not willing to wait, I will refund you in full.what do you think?
Waiting for your reply"

*long drawn-out sigh* I give up. This really is the final straw for me with the Chinese ebay sellers. Neutral

As we all know, this sculpt was released at the end of December. It is no longer a pre-order. This guy is apparently trying to suggest that it's a pre-order due in Q3 of 2022, rather than a pre-order scheduled for Q3 of 2021 that is a month or so late. Mad  And we also all know that 'gift package' means 'method by which I can claim I sent you something in good faith'.

It's an exciting new spin on the con, though, I'll give them that.

My best hope now is that the sculpt I bought originally turns up after all one day, like Ghost's missing TBL body.

Ghost808

GeeWillikers wrote:Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order due Q3? our manufacture are making this item and we're still waiting for it, once we receive it, we will send it to you in the first time.
If you are willing to wait, I will send you a gift package. When the product is shipped, I will arrange the shipment for you immediately. If you are not willing to wait, I will refund you in full.what do you think?
Waiting for your reply"

*long drawn-out sigh* I give up. This really is the final straw for me with the Chinese ebay sellers. Neutral

As we all know, this sculpt was released at the end of December. It is no longer a pre-order. This guy is apparently trying to suggest that it's a pre-order due in Q3 of 2022, rather than a pre-order scheduled for Q3 of 2021 that is a month or so late. Mad  And we also all know that 'gift package' means 'method by which I can claim I sent you something in good faith'.

My best hope now is that the sculpt I bought originally turns up after all one day, like Ghost's missing TBL body.
That sucks. It's the one reason I like the new tax rules on ebay, it puts me off buying anything, so I avoid most of these scammers. 
Blatantly nothing will arrive and you'll get stiffed because you are out of your ebay grace period. Absolute scumbags.

I really hope you get lucky and your original finds its way home.

phicenenthusiast

GeeWillikers wrote:Thank you for your condolences guys Smile

However:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

Waiting for your reply"

I've had that happen to be as well, but it was maybe 2-3 weeks after I received my "gift" that I received what I actually ordered. Sometimes they let you know; sometimes you find out when your "item" arrives and you open the package.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The seller has now come back with an offer to send it when he gets it in stock by the end of 'next month', which will still fall within the estimated delivery time of late March, after which I can claim a refund if I need to. My response:

"Hi,

OK, please DO NOT send a gift OR a promisary note, I only expect to receive the exact item I have purchased and nothing else. If you do send either a gift or a note, then I will be forced to end our transaction with an 'item not as described' claim to ebay.

As we have also established that this item is now actually already released and is no longer a pre-order, I agree to wait until you have this in stock or until March 1st 2022. I expect to hear from you again by March 1st to confirm shipping, and If you still don't have this item to ship after that date, I will then have to put in a claim with ebay for a refund.

It is sad that I am forced to place these conditions on our transaction, but over the last year I have been put into this same difficult and wearying position regarding stock availability/damage/delays with almost every single recent transaction of this type on ebay.

Thanks"

I don't care if he understands the gist of what I've written there or not, it's purely to cover myself with ebay if it comes to a claim or dispute. He could well decide to just refund me now without my consent anyway, but to be honest I'll be fine with that.

I also fully expect he'll probably try and stall again by that 'next month' point, but I'm done with the whole tiresome treadmill of trawling Ebay and Aliex for other sellers and then wading through their excuses afterward, so we'll see what happens here. I'm beyond expecting ebay to actually do anything to stop this behaviour by this point - the best it seems any of us buyers can do is try and cover ourselves as much as possible.

Who knows, maybe my original order will have shown up by then. Surprised

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Gotta do what you can. Hopefully it works out in your favor. I think pre-orders are against eBay policy technically. I just wish for each item in the description they would put whether it's in stock or in pre-order and be on top of updating that information promptly.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
phicenenthusiast wrote:Gotta do what you can. Hopefully it works out in your favor. I think pre-orders are against eBay policy technically. I just wish for each item in the description they would put whether it's in stock or in pre-order and be on top of updating that information promptly.

Yup.

They'd still just lie about it, even so (see the 'Ebay scammers' thread).

Ghost808

Ghost808
This is why I no longer touch anything pre order on ebay. 90% of them seem to be scams, and they are actually banking on you contacting ebay for a refund. They get paid, ebay pays you back (if you're lucky) and if the account gets banned...oh well, they have another 15 or so being cultivated for future scams.

If I buy anything on ebay now, I go for stuff I know is released. Then I check the dispatch conditions. If it says anything longer than 3 days, I drop it like a ticking parcel and run. If it does say within 3 days and I don't get confirmation of dispatch and a tracking number (that works) within that time, it's a DM to the seller followed by a cancellation if they don't have an airtight reason. (Which they rarely do. It's as you say, normally poor excuses, lies and stalling tactics).

It's sad that ebay has gotten like this. They have definitely let their standards slip. With the recent UK vat addition, plus all the unchecked crooks, it won't be long before I drop ebay altogether.
Its just a shame the alternative online stores offering parted out stuff, are often way overpriced or have extortionate postage, or both!

Good luck with your order(s) anyway Gee.

P.s. who's is the seller BTW? Lesser known, or a 5 digit+ feedback seller?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh yeah, normally I wouldn't touch an eb*y pre-order with a bargepole.

Ghost808 wrote:P.s. who's is the seller BTW? Lesser known, or a 5 digit+ feedback seller?

The seller is nuoya2012 (99.2% positive feedback), who it seems I've bought items from before but with no issues that I can remember.

More proof (if proof be needs be) that most of this shady business is the result of Covid Hard Times. While I do sympathise, I don't sympathise to the point of allowing them to just rip me off.

Ghost808

Ghost808
GeeWillikers wrote:Oh yeah, normally I wouldn't touch an eb*y pre-order with a bargepole.

Ghost808 wrote:P.s. who's is the seller BTW? Lesser known, or a 5 digit+ feedback seller?

The seller is nuoya2012 (99.2% positive feedback), who it seems I've bought items from before but with no issues that I can remember.

More proof (if proof be needs be) that most of this shady business is the result of Covid Hard Times. While I do sympathise, I don't sympathise to the point of allowing them to just rip me off.
I've bought from nuoya before. No issues. Shame to see even more reputable sellers falling from grace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum