OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product:YMTOYS      
Scale:1/6    
No:YMT052      
Weight:0.2KG        
Material:PVC/cortical        
Perorder is available before:April 23, 2021      
Release date:Second quarter of 2021    
List:REAL LIKE HEADSCULPTUR*1   leather*1  The belt*1 Raglan sleeves*1  The trousers*1  darts*3
boots*2

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14400812
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14400811
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14400911
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14400912
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401011
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401012
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401110
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401112
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401111
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401210
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401311
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401312
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401313
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 14401410

#newproduct #YMToys #SilverHairedKiller #headsculpt #clothing #female #accessory

suo76

Probably a good companion for this girl:

Female Assasin

brassco

brassco
I don't dig the clothes, but i do like the HS very much!

Valiarde

Valiarde
brassco wrote:I don't dig the clothes, but i do like the HS very much!

Same! That head looks quiet good. Hope you can get in without the set.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I usually cringe at this sort of cliche, but I think they did a beautiful job, especially with the head sculpt. She is pretty and stylish and intense, and at least the last element usually seems to be missing from other such sets.

Annalise

Annalise
Yup, I'm with you guys. I was immediately reminded of Blade Girl, I like the h/s a lot, and I don't like or want the clothes. Hope the h/s is available by itself at some point.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
(insert usual disclaimer about YM head sculpts seldom looking like the promo shots and waiting to see some in-hand pics before committing to purchase)

Ghost808

Ghost808
GeeWillikers wrote:(insert usual disclaimer about YM head sculpts seldom looking like the promo shots and waiting to see some in-hand pics before committing to purchase)

I've got a few ym heads and they all look that the promo shots. Which ones have you seen that didnt add up?

Ovy

Ovy
Ghost808 wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:(insert usual disclaimer about YM head sculpts seldom looking like the promo shots and waiting to see some in-hand pics before committing to purchase)

I've got a few ym heads and they all look that the promo shots. Which ones have you seen that didnt add up?

I think Gee is referring to that beautiful perfect lighting that makes the faces look so naturally colored and textured, compared to the flat colored products we get in the end.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Ovy wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

I think Gee is referring to that beautiful perfect lighting that makes the faces look so naturally colored and textured, compared to the flat colored products we get in the end.

To be fair, there isnt a company in existence that doesn't overly "flatter" with clever photography.
I actually find tbleague to be more guilty of it, than YM. I have a few of their heads and they are never as nice as the shots.

Mostly I'm wondering if there are particular heads by YM that are drastically different from their promos, so I can avoid them.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I pre ordered this, just for the head, so I'll let you guys know if its accurate or not.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Just received mine. Not impressed with the outfit at all. The paint job on the armour parts is shocking. I'll definitely be repainting it.

Some of the armour parts are attached with double sided tape!! Not great.

The headsculpt isn't too bad. It lacks the expression of the prototype to some extent, but the paint job is pretty good. The hair roots aren't the best though.

Wishing I'd refunded and gone with the head alone now.

I'll post pictures later, if anyone is interested?

Ghost808

Ghost808
Word of warning on this...

I'm not even going to try putting the outfit on one of my spare bodies.
I was just comparing my in-hand head with the above pics and noticed something worrying.
Look at the exposed section of arm in the pics. I totally didn't notice it before now. Is that really bad black staining I see? The stomach looks like it might have been cleaned too.

I'll try the fabric against a broken body later, and see, but I'd suggest caution before anyone fits this outfit on their figures.

Kallor8

I would love pictures of the head and clothes, anything you're able to do really.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m definitely interested in seeing in hand pics, but I’m already disappointed. I was thinking of doing an alternative take on Danger Girl, and she would have made a great Natalia.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Apologies for the rubbish pics, had to rush them out before work...
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20210910
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20210912
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20210911

Ghost808

Ghost808
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20210913
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20210914

Ghost808

Ghost808
In hand, the hair looks more light blue, than silver.

The two part boots are made of very rigid plastic, and don't really mesh together very well, so action poses will show a lot of ankle.
I've not tried fitting the suit to an old body yet, so not sure what the staining situation is, but I reckon it's going to be bad, based on the overall quality.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m definitely interested in seeing in hand pics, but I’m already disappointed.  I was thinking of doing an alternative take on Danger Girl, and she would have made a great Natalia.
If your painting/modelling skills are decent, I think this could be made good (assuming it doesn't stain like crazy).

The head isn't too bad. She's quite pretty, and has a bit of attitude in her expression. Maybe not like the prototype, but still more expressive than a lot of other heads. She's growing on me.

The actual pleather suit seems fairly well made. The stitching is tight and it has a bit of elasticity, so it should fit multiple bodies, but the armour and boots are really bad. The knives and plates seem to be 3D printed, or 3D printed and then copied. There are a lot of print lines visible on the surface. The paint appears to have been applied in the dark...with a hammer. I'm amazed it's possible to paint this badly.

With some repainting on the boots and plates, plus some weathering on the pleather, it could look really good. It's just whether I can be bothered, hmmm!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ghost808 wrote:

I can't recollect serial numbers off the top of my head, but there are at least five YM sculpts in my collection that bear little resemblance to the promo shots. That's not to say they're bad, by any means, though - in fact I prefer at least three of them in-hand - but rather that the promos are not a reliable guide to how they'll actually look (as opposed to say, GAC toys sculpts).

I'll have reviewed them here, I imagine. The 'Anna' sculpt from 2019(?) has been the worst offender - it's a nice enough sculpt actually, but it looks nothing like the promos (and I have two of the four variants), is noticably undersized, and is too pale even for a TBL pale body.

That said, I've got this sculpt (the version you can get separately from this set) on preorder. Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
Tried the outfit on a broken tbleague. No sign of staining, but it was only on for for a few minutes.

Also fitted the head to a S33 today. Decent colour match, but man is this head weirdly designed. That chin!!!

I think YM lost a customer today.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20211010
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 20211011

csyeung

csyeung
thanks for the pictures ghost!

oof, that chin does look weird on profile!

I only have one ym head and it was on the smaller side, but I've heard they are inconsistent in that regard (some bigger, some smaller).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Check it out. She's channeling the artistic approach of the "early Amarna art style" from the 14th century BC!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 512px-ReliefPortraitOfAkhenaten01

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:Check it out. She's channeling the artistic approach of the "early Amarna art style" from the 14th century BC!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: YMToys: 1/6 YMT052 Silver-Haired Killer Costume Set + Head Sculpture 512px-ReliefPortraitOfAkhenaten01
Wow, it's her...except the chin is more convincing! 😆

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's actually the pharaoh Akhenaten (r. c. 1351-1334 BC), in the more "extreme" style from relatively early in his reign, which has been described alternately as naturalistic or (in this case more obviously) cartoonish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum