OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You'll see where this is going, and where it will end up, soon enough.

A bit of a sequel in Post 21.

Another Mistress Gina tutorial: painting TBLeague nipples.

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0110

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0210

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0310

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0410

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0510

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0610

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0710

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0810

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns0910

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1010

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1110

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1210

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1310

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1410

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1510

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1610

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1710

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1810

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns1910

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2010

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2110

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2210

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2310

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2410

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2510

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2610

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Ns2710

I hope you enjoyed the goofiness. And one does not need specially-designed c-shaped pieces to achieve this, as you can stuff other materials in a similar fashion with similar effect (foamies, rolled up strips of plastic lids/treys, etc).

A bit of a sequel in Post 21.

Another Mistress Gina tutorial: painting TBLeague nipples.

#tbleague #phicen #jiaou #tutorial #neck #modification #custom

BAMComix

BAMComix
That was really clever, informative and funny too lol! . I have never seen this method done before. I have a Tony Stark head that looks odd when fitted, I might give this a try (When I get him a new body anyway!) rabbit

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
That’s hilarious, I love the bit about it being a ‘simple outpatient procedure’ while he’s being wrangled in the background! Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hilarious and informative. The photos and posing sure nicely done — I like the pics Christine mentioned, but I also like the one where Gina leans in a bit to see the gap from head to neck, subtle but effective.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That was fun. Unless you're Andy, I guess.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
oh... great and interesting technique. does the neck part react over time, like stress marks or tearing? so far i have no experience with silicone bodies over time for i always store mine in the most neutral position with no ankle bend.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, brilliantly executed! I've never seen anyone make tutorials as fun as yours. The whole thing was hilarious but I really lost it when Andy's head was talking while looking at his body. Gotta love absurd humour. Thanks for the visual tips, as well. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Hahahaha!!! That was simultaneously educational and humorous, you nailed the dialogue with the body language. And I love the twin coverall getups of the 'surgeons.' Now if only there were a tutorial like this for replacing the metal neck peg once it has been popped out and lost forever.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm thrilled that you all liked it. Perhaps I should have mentioned (I have done so elsewhere) that for some reason HT's Chris Pratt heads of this type (their most recent two) have some weird metal screws thing going on, in addition to the extra wide neck opening, so this is more or less the most difficult head I could have picked for illustration purposes. But there was already call for more Andy, and I do enjoy a bit of a challenge... Smile On to your individual comments --

BAMComix wrote:That was really clever, informative and funny too lol! . I have never seen this method done before. I have a Tony Stark head that looks odd when fitted, I might give this a try (When I get him a new body anyway!) rabbit

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it and found it informative -- which was, after all, my twin purpose in making it in the first place. I think that, generally speaking, you will find this approach works pretty well with these types of bodies/neck area covers.

Lynkhart wrote:That’s hilarious, I love the bit about it being a ‘simple outpatient procedure’ while he’s being wrangled in the background! Laughing

Thank you very much. Yep, the irony was intentional, but also Andy thinking it will hurt and fighting it in the first place, when it was in fact painless and simple. Though I suppose that would not explain the saw. Maybe Mistress Gina and her "associates" just like to mess with people's heads. See what I did there? Sincerely, Captain Obvious.

Stryker2011 wrote:Hilarious and informative. The photos and posing sure nicely done — I like the pics Christine mentioned, but I also like the one where Gina leans in a bit to see the gap from head to neck, subtle but effective.

Thank you, I'm very glad you liked it. I tried to make her professional and interested, which belies her supposed profession. Actually, if I had enough medical gear handy, I probably would have gone that way. But I was working off of the setup for the previous tutorial anyway.

TravelGuide wrote:That was fun. Unless you're Andy, I guess.

Thanks -- but didn't he come out none the worse for wear? In fact better? Smile

Tjolnir wrote:oh... great and interesting technique. does the neck part react over time, like stress marks or tearing? so far i have no experience with silicone bodies over time for i always store mine in the most neutral position with no ankle bend.

Thank you, I'm glad I could help. No, this is not enough of a stretch to bother the body. I end up doing this to pretty much every TBLeague body I own, and I don't usually remove them unless there is the rare head that would look better without the stuffing in the neck. So far no problems, knock on wood.

skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, brilliantly executed! I've never seen anyone make tutorials as fun as yours. The whole thing was hilarious but I really lost it when Andy's head was talking while looking at his body. Gotta love absurd humour. Thanks for the visual tips, as well. ;D  

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. To be honest, I was divided between Andy's detached head talking or not talking. Part of it was biological sense (although there is no pretense that these are not figures -- no blood!), but part of it was I don't like to obscure the figures in the photographs with speech bubbles and there wasn't enough space for everything I would have had Andy's head say (for example, where he looks at his neck and seems surprised, he was actually supposed to be disappointed and in the next frame ask whether he has gained weight -- again -- after having gone through so much trouble to slim down). I hope the visual tips are useful. Smile

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Hahahaha!!! That was simultaneously educational and humorous, you nailed the dialogue with the body language. And I love the twin coverall getups of the 'surgeons.' Now if only there were a tutorial like this for replacing the metal neck peg once it has been popped out and lost forever.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you found it educational and funny. The "surgeons" and Mistress Gina are the legacy of the previous tutorial ( https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3686-painting-tbleague-phicen-nipples-tutorial ) and an installment in the Clothing TBLeague seamless bodies thread (which did not necessarily have the same premise about their relationship). Hmm, I will think about it, but nothing specific pops to mind. Sorry, it was not meant to be a pun, but with my lame sense of humor, these come to me naturally... Smile As annoying as it is, could you not use a headless body in your plots? Besides, it should be easy enough to have a makeshift solution for heads do you want to use with that body, albeit carefully.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Very amusing skit! Also great advice that I'll most likely use in the future, ty!

csyeung

csyeung
This is great! Very informative too as everyone says. I learned something! Thanks for sharing.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
This was an entertaining and informative tip. Thank you very much for that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Suchsneak wrote:Very amusing skit! Also great advice that I'll most likely use in the future, ty!

csyeung wrote:This is great! Very informative too as everyone says. I learned something! Thanks for sharing.

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:This was an entertaining and informative tip. Thank you very much for that.

Thank you all very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it informative. And hope it will serve you well -- just remember you don't have to use the exact same type of implant to achieve the same effect, although I have settled on this as my preferred solution.

Illusion

Illusion
Hilarious once again!
Where do you take all the time it takes to do these stories... Great fun. Keep them coming!

Diana

Diana
Haha! Thank you for that! Very useful to know and very fun to read. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
"Andy, don't look!" Very Happy Very Happy
I also use foam but, why not a more solid but still elastic one like green stuff, great idea. A very green option, as you are recycling green stuff.

They have this 'happy couple goes to an experimental new therapy but it's getting weirder all the time and it feels like a cult' vibe you would see in a horror movie. Razz

The first photo story/tutorial I saw from you was about cutting necks, when I saw a head peg being held as a cup by a headless body, I knew you were the man.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:Hilarious once again! Where do you take all the time it takes to do these stories... Great fun. Keep them coming!

Thank you very much. I think it started when I tried to arrange multiple photos in a logical sequence, which led to a narrative or a dialogue. And then photo stories, and then it made sense to present tutorials this way. It probably helps that I have an unapologitically obvious sense of humor. Smile

Diana wrote:Haha! Thank you for that! Very useful to know and very fun to read. Smile

Thank you, I'm very happy you liked it and found it useful.

Ovy wrote:"Andy, don't look!" Very Happy Very Happy I also use foam but, why not a more solid but still elastic one like green stuff, great idea. A very green option, as you are recycling green stuff.

They have this 'happy couple goes to an experimental new therapy but it's getting weirder all the time and it feels like a cult' vibe you would see in a horror movie. Razz

The first photo story/tutorial I saw from you was about cutting necks, when I saw a head peg being held as a cup by a headless body, I knew you were the man.

Yep, being professionals, we take the environment into consideration, as always! Smile Glad you picked up on the intended themes. And that you remember my somewhat more subdued de-necking tutorial!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Laughing

Excellent - that's how you do a tutorial. Had never thought of thickening the throat myself here. But it works. You are the master of seamless bodies. Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So this is the method you spoke to me about on my thread!

Now I’ve got to look for this green stuff, although I suppose any type of small foam pieces would work.

As always, much appreciated GF!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Laughing Excellent - that's how you do a tutorial. Had never thought of thickening the throat myself here. But it works. You are the master of seamless bodies. Smile  

Thank you very much, Valiarde. Well, to be honest, that is just one way of doing a tutorial -- and I think a good one when there is actually so little to it (similarly with the nipple painting tutorial). And thank you for your vote of confidence! Smile

collectorofmany wrote:So this is the method you spoke to me about on my thread! Now I’ve got to look for this green stuff, although I suppose any type of small foam pieces would work. As always, much appreciated GF!!

Yes, I think it came up there (and elsewhere, too, before), I thought it was finally time to do a tutorial, even if so very simple. A rolled-up piece of plastic cut from (e.g.) the translucent plastic treys that TBLeague figures come in might do the job just as well, although it might be rougher on the fingers and on the TPE flesh. I used to use this in the past, but ever since I started having leftover green stuff, I would make a bunch of these with it and keep them around to deploy as needed.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A bit of a sequel...

Andy was disappointed that he didn't get wheeled out on a wheel chair after his neck surgery. So, as he and June passed by an actual medical establishment, he insisted they take a joy ride in one of those.

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Bkwc0710

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Bkwc0610

Ever the gentleman, he made sure June enjoyed a ride, too.

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Bkwc0810

More photos of this sweet ride in the Barbie DeBarbiefied thread, Post 76.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. You should have had him popping wheelies with it and her arms up like she was on a ride.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much, Gube ! *doublefacepalm* i hate this gap too. I try to refill it with sculpting clay on the HS and paint it in the skin tone of HS and Body. But Your Idea is much better.
To put this tutorial in such a funny Story is Excellent as ever.
This forum needs all the Fun some Guys here give to it.

Your 1:6 Guys have their own couch doctor. What a great Idea. I think my ones need one too Very Happy

Maybe You have some Glasses for her in Your bits box ? That could be not bad... deep on the nose so she can look over the glases

modification - Seamless Neck-Stuffing Tutorial: Andy seeks body issue help (updated with mini sequel) Previe10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. You should have had him popping wheelies with it and her arms up like she was on a ride.

Sounds like fun. I will have to look into it at more length, because a very quick check makes that difficult with handles this low.

Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much, Gube ! *doublefacepalm* i hate this gap too. I try to refill it with sculpting clay on the HS and paint it in the skin tone of HS and Body. But Your Idea is much better.
To put this tutorial in such a funny Story is Excellent as ever.
This forum needs all the Fun some Guys here give to it.

Your 1:6 Guys have their own couch doctor. What a great Idea. I think my ones need one too Very Happy

Maybe You have some Glasses for her in Your bits box ? That could be not bad... deep on the nose so she can look over the glases

I'm glad I have shown you an easier way, and that you enjoyed. Like I mentioned in another response, this particular head is probably the most difficult for this purpose, as HT stuck some screws up in there, and one cannot safely drill quite as far as one should to make it sit perfectly on a TBLeague neck post. But stuffing the neck is still an improvement.

Well Gina is technically a dominatrix (or so it seems after the previous tutorial, on painting nipples), but I guess she substitutes as a doctor when it comes to any type of body modification. Smile

Great idea about the glasses. I should look into it. All the female glasses I have are (I think) sunglasses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum