OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why I Joined The Vietcong

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Why I Joined The Vietcong Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Chip

This is  " Nguyet " . And her story . From what I found in my Google search for Vietnamese names , Nguyet means from the moon . Now it wasn`t till I looked closely after getting the sculpt  Nguyet has blue eyes ..... Embarassed  Though she looks very Asian . So her story goes something like this ....

" Nguyet "  , Was born of French farther , shortly after the end of the Indochina War . She was lucky a man in the village took in her and her mother , and brought Nguyet up as his own , along with her younger brother and sisters . Nguyet was teased and picked on by the other children whilst she grew up because of her funny coloured eyes . The grown ups frowned and gave her odd looks as they passed her in the village . Nguyet , spited her farther for not coming back for her mother as he had promised , and thought little more of the bullying Americans who passed through her village from time to time . When Nguyet was in her early twenties ,  the Vietcong came to her village one night for food and shelter and at dawn the next day she left with them and joined the Vietcong ......

Why I Joined The Vietcong  1-Nguyet-P1120471

Why I Joined The Vietcong  2-Nguyet-P1120474

Why I Joined The Vietcong  3-Nguyet-P1120475

Why I Joined The Vietcong  4-Nguyet-P1120476

Why I Joined The Vietcong  5-Nguyet-P1120483

2Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice figure and backstory. What body is she on? Looks like he of those Sing/Pop Toys ones.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Why I Joined The Vietcong  C8485110

3Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool, the backstory also ads a little bit of detail which is always welcome.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Why I Joined The Vietcong  1f60e

4Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:59 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool chip! she is very pretty! and quite deadly I should imagine?

5Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 am

Chip

Thanks for the kind comments .

The body has no manufacturer name , but was quite cheap off eBay and was available in three colours , described as Pink Natural and Dark . Dal might know ?

6Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Certainly a very cool choice of a head and an appropriate explanation in the backstory.

7Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Another interesting figure, nice choice of a backstory, seems like she found the only place available for her were she is accepted. If you remember, the reason why I joined the Vietcong was much simpler, as I preferred carrying ladders as a sapper instead of blowing myself up in bunkers.

For some reason I can totally imagine and elderly Nguyet being interviewed by one of your elderly war reporters who survived several decades later.

8Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:03 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, she's very unique looking, I like her a lot! And interesting backstory!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:27 pm

Chip

Thank you for the further comments , they are much appreciated .

10Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Chip

Ovy wrote:Another interesting figure, nice choice of a backstory, seems like she found the only place available for her were she is accepted. If you remember, the reason why I joined the Vietcong was much simpler, as I preferred carrying ladders as a sapper instead of blowing myself up in bunkers.

For some reason I can totally imagine and elderly Nguyet being interviewed by one of your elderly war reporters who survived several decades later.

Very Happy @ your ladder comment . Yes she would fit in nicely being interviewed after the war . Thanks Ovy .

11Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Really nice work, Chip! She looks the part for sure. Plus the backstory is really interesting.

12Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:08 pm

Chip

Cheers P.M Very Happy

13Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:17 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Your Nam series gets better with each passing installment. This one, though simple on the surface, may be your nicest one yet. It helps with the nice headsculpt and decent body. The boonie hat really sets off the rest of the outfit, and the loadout and weapon looks just right. Great job!

May I make a suggestion? Have you considered fading or weathering the clothing on these figures? If weathering with paints scares you, even a simple wash with warm to hot water (air dry) will remove enough dye to fade the colors so clothes look more weather beaten and used. In that scorching hot Vietnam sun where people sweat buckets, clothes don't stay new looking for long! Try it on an outfit you care less about first and see if you like the look. I realize some people like their outfits new and shiny, so maybe it's just your preference!

14Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 am

Chip

Thanks for those kind words and suggestions tankgirlfuzzy . I often hot rinse the uniforms for my Grunts , I never thought to do it for the Gals . I not got round to weathering uniforms much yet , but have often considered doing it . Your not the first to mention the clean look of my figures , and I get what your saying , and agree it would add realism .

15Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:52 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Chip wrote:Thanks for those kind words and suggestions tankgirlfuzzy . I often hot rinse the uniforms for my Grunts , I never thought to do it for the Gals . I not got round to weathering uniforms much yet , but have often considered doing it . Your not the first to mention the clean look of my figures , and I get what your saying , and agree it would add realism .
Your welcome, and why would the gals stay clean if the guys get dirty? Aren't they fighting in the same war?  tongue

BTW, it's not just a hot rinse with water. I use laundry detergent as well, and I scrub the clothes with a spare toothbrush. This fades the color even more, and it also roughens the texture of the cloth to give it a more beat up look. Of course don't do that if the fabric is really delicate, but the tough cotton poly blends will handle it fine.

Weathering is tricky and takes a lot of practice. If you have spare uniforms or clothing try different techniques and formulations first before doing it. I often use scrap cloth of similar color/texture to the uni I'm weathering to get the right concentration of pigment before I apply to the actual thing.

16Why I Joined The Vietcong  Empty Re: Why I Joined The Vietcong Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 pm

Chip

Thanks for the further tips tankgirl , most kind of you . I will try and keep those tips in mind if / when I get round to weathering uniforms .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum