OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] Empty TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:04 am

brassco

brassco
Arhian Pirate

In the years after the third Arkhorian War, hordes of pirates, and mercenaries roamed the savage seas, their swords serving no cause but themselves or the highest bidder. Across these bloodstained waters rode Arhian and her lover, Captain Ras, a proud and fierce pirate couple, their guile and wit as cutting as their blades.Storming through an age without heroes, she claimed it for hers and cleaved her way into legend.

Packing List:

① 1 x head sculpt
② 1 x TB League female seamless body with metal skeleton
③ 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
④ 1 pair x armlets
⑤ 1 pair x forearm armors
⑥ 1 pair x shoes shafts
⑦ 1 pair x shoes with feet
⑧ 1 x sword with sheath
⑨ 1 x dagger with sheath
⑩ 1 x abdomen armor
11 1 x headscarf
12 1 x necklace
13 1 x one-piece dress
14 1 x belt
15 1 x base

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 01
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 02
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 03
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 04

First look at the box, front and back and sides.

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 05
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 06

the contents. 2 layers, with the base on the 2nd layer.

And there is all of the contents. The HS seems familiar. And the body is S22A, I believed. The weapons are not metal. Looks good thou.

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 07

This is what took up most of my time. You have to string up the armor yourself. When i tried putting the string on, i found that the end of the strings weren't harden, so i have to do it myself with superglue. Hence it is easier to put the strings through each very small holes. Luckily i only need to do one side, as the other side is fixed.
Afterwards, i tried putting on the waist armor through the legs, with the strings stretching the widest gap possible. A bit of a hassle, but finally get it done, and a knot is tied after pulling the strings to close up the gap.

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 08
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 09
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 10
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 11

The other accessory that needed attention is the necklace. It is comprised of one necklace, not 2, with 2 seperate white tooth ornaments. I put on the necklace by wrapping the necklace around the neck twice, before putting on the HS. After some adjustment, i tied the knot of the necklace, and it's done.

The red headscarf was shipped inside out. So i merely twist the headscarf over, and secured it onto the HS.

The rest of the accessories were easy. A complaint on the feet, though. It did not come with the high heels feet, so certain posture a female figure can pose, cannot be done. And in case you are wondering, there is a strip of black undie with the figure.

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 12

The base. No supporting stand to hold up the figure. I have to rest the figure onto the background wall in order for it to stand properly.

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 13

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review and the photos, brassco, and for the heads up on any complications you ran into. Arhian is gorgeous in any outfit. As I was reading this, I was thinking, "smart that they divided up her footwear into two, allowing for ankle articulation," so I was wondering why standing the figure properly is still an issue. I appreciate you reproducing the background info, too. The beginning reminded me of the classic Dune, where they launch into a series of fictional background as if it were widely known, and then the very phrase "pirate couple" made me chuckle too. Thanks again.

dadrab

dadrab
Thank you for the unboxing and review. That's a pretty damn cool figure.

I like it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice review. Thanks for sharing. She does look good. If someone were so inclined, parts of her outfit would work pretty good for a custom Valeria from Conan (the good one, not that newer one).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] C8485110

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
I like how they made her sandals. That black cuff at the top could pose a staining risk though.

MarkEl

Great review ! I like the proportions and scale of this base compared to prior larger offerings. Although as you mention, the trade off is no support built in.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Great review and she looks very nice, if I do get this my will become a gladiator.

Ok I got to ask is she a good girl (her top stays in place) or is she a habitual flasher?

MerylAkiba

Awesome review. Is this the same head sculpt as Athena and Crusader?
Or is this the Red Sonja 2.0? On ebay, her head looks wider, almost similar to Riding hood (PL2014-48).

brassco

brassco
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed Great review and she looks very nice, if I do get this my will become a gladiator.

Ok I got to ask is she a good girl (her top stays in place) or is she a habitual flasher?

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] IMG_20180621_181240

no, attire quite tight. Even if you bent her, still nothing flashy!

brassco

brassco
MerylAkiba wrote:Awesome review. Is this the same head sculpt as Athena and Crusader?
Or is this the Red Sonja 2.0? On ebay, her head looks wider, almost similar to Riding hood (PL2014-48).

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 20171207093128462846
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 20171114102329032903
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 20160329145242804280
TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] 20150605171183218321

TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] IMG_20180621_181425

no, I don't think so. The closer resemblance is Arhian. So i am wrong that they simply recycled faces. They do look similar though!

11TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] Empty Re: TBLeague 1/6 Arhian Pirate [PL2018-114] Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 pm

MerylAkiba

Thank you for this review, brassco. I got the head loose. Your photo of Arhian head huntress version looks similar to Katie Cassidy from the show Arrow. Really good lighting photography.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great review, and really beautiful figure. She really does look great.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice review. Thanks for sharing. She does look good. If someone were so inclined, parts of her outfit would work pretty good for a custom Valeria from Conan (the good one, not that newer one).

Oh man, brutal jab! Lol. I agree with the Valeria comparison, and really wonder if the design is actually inspired, if not a nod to her.

And for the record, I think there's a lot good about the new Conan movie. Jason Momoa is actually the perfect casting choice, and a better actor than I think most people give him credit. Besides looking spot on for the part, he really nails some of the subtler aspects of Conan as a character.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet."

More than just an absolute bad ass, Conan has this huge charismatic personality, and I think Momoa actually nails it. That scene early on, where he gets himself captured on purpose, and he lets that guy talk crap for a while before he just smiles and kills everyone, feels so straight out of Howard's stories or the old Savage sword comics. I LOVE the 1982 film so much, but I think Momoa actaully nails the character better than Schwarzenegger did. The whole 1st chunk of the movie is actually kind of a blast. The problem is that the writing is otherwise pretty weak, and it looses momentum after that quickly. And the last 1/3 is pretty terrible. Which is actually a real shame, because in the right hands, a Momoa Conan franchise could have been one of the best things ever.

Sorry if I dragged us a bit off topic on this one.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not being steeped in the Conan novels and comics (even that description is probably inaccurate), for me Arnie will always be Conan. That said, Jason Momoa did an excellent job in his version of the movie (and in everything else I have seen him in), and was arguably the best thing about it (it wasn't his fault if the film seemed more like a silly cross between a pirate movie and a Xena or Hercules series episode). Come to think of it, the second Arnie Conan film (Conan the Destroyer) was pretty atrocious too (despite providing us with the most iconic live-action look for the character, in my book). I have been advised that these sillier renditions are actually more true to the source material than Conan the Barbarian was, but I will persist in my ignorance. Smile

PS... speaking of Hercules, let's not forget that the Kevin Sorbo movie Kull the Conqueror is but a silly Conan film by another name.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Not being steeped in the Conan novels and comics (even that description is probably inaccurate), for me Arnie will always be Conan. That said, Jason Momoa did an excellent job in his version of the movie (and in everything else I have seen him in), and was arguably the best thing about it (it wasn't his fault if the film seemed more like a silly cross between a pirate movie and a Xena or Hercules series episode). Come to think of it, the second Arnie Conan film (Conan the Destroyer) was pretty atrocious too (despite providing us with the most iconic live-action look for the character, in my book). I have been advised that these sillier renditions are actually more true to the source material than Conan the Barbarian was, but I will persist in my ignorance. Smile

PS... speaking of Hercules, let's not forget that the Kevin Sorbo movie Kull the Conqueror is but a silly Conan film by another name.

Yeah, the 82' Conan movie is a masterpiece. It's too often dismissed as fun fantasy fluff, but it's actually got a ton of great writing, and it's really beautifully shot and directed. Not just a great fun genre movie (which it completely is too), but it's actually a really incredible film. And while not entirely accurate to the source material (although neither is the 2011 movie) it nails the tone and feel. I have a HUGE love for it. I think the 2011 movie just makes me lament all that I can see it could have been.

http://reverendspooky.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum