OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco
Valkyries are the Norse Goddesses who choose those who died with valor in battlefield to bring them to the afterlife hall of the slain in Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin.Skarah, the most powerful Valkyrie in Valhalla is Odin’s favorite, adored as a Goddess of War on earth by the mightiest warriors and envied by her sisters, her powers are second only to Odin himself !SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE ©️ 2018 ARH Studios Inc.

Packing list:
1)      1 × TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
2)      1 × head sculpt
3)      3pairs × interchangeable hands
4)      1 × feathered style helmet
5)      1 × right shoulder armor
6)      1 × right upper arm armor
7)      1pair × forearm armors
Cool      1pair × knee armors
9)      1pair × calf armors
10)    1 × armlet for left arm
11)    1 × necklace
12)    1 × shoulder strap
13)    1 × chest guard
14)    1 × battle skirt
15)    1 × artificial fur bottom
16)    1pair × artificial fur sleeves
17)    1pair × artificial fur calf sleeves
18)    1 × sword
19)    1 × shield
20)    1 × spear
21)    1pair × shoes
22)    1 × base
23)    4 color packaging

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 01
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 02
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 03

First look at the box. Standard size, without elaborated bases, hence a little lighter on the freight charges.

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 04
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 05
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 06

The contents of the box. I believed the figure is S21B.
Well, as you can see, the figure already has much of the clothes and accessories put on, so there is nothing much to do, really. The only challenge is the right shoulder armor. At first, i tried to put in on to the body thru both arms raised. Then, upon observing the pictures, i realised i only need to wear it thru the left arm. A bit of adjustment, and it is on.
Oh and before i put on the HS, i put the collar onto the neck first.

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 07
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 08
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 09
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 10
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 11
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 12

So here's the figure dressed up. I am able to stand the figure without needing any support. The HS has nicely braided hair, 3 of them. And i swear Phicen's HSs are made from the same mold...all of them could be sisters! With the hair to the side, you can see the chest piece was fastened to the back with orange colored string. I don't even have to work that out...it's already on. So all Phicen figures' clothes can be removed.
And if you must know, I showed you what's beneath the skirt...

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 13
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 14
TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] 15

The helmet is a bit loose. I squeeze it a bit before putting on. Both spear and sword is plastic, although looked metallic. The spear, i must mention, is quite long...longer than any spear i have or have seen. A simple base. I still wish a support is provided, so i could deliver more poses.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing. Good out-of-box review.

Man you get these things fast!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for posting your notes and all the beautiful and informative photos. Looks like a pretty nice set.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Can't wait for mine to arrive (along with the Fighter Woman)! This figure looks even more amazing on your photos. Thanks for sharing and making me happier on getting it!

JohnByng

Thanks for the info and pics! This figure looks good. It looks like what it is meant to be unlike the Athene figure and the Majestic Crusader.

Allotropos

Allotropos
Thanks for the share. Mine smells like lemon pledge lol
Not sure if it would have been accurate to the source material but a sheath for her sword would have been a good addition.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you for the review, she looks Great! I'm planning to get this one someday, she will fit nicely into my collection.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Tariah finally arrived here, and I had a chance to get her in the studio for some hero shots... She is a worthy addition to Skarah, and I've included some shots of them together to appreciate their similarities and differences... The detailing on Tariah's armor pretty much sets the standard - it's absolutely fantastic and flawlessly executed... Tariah's helmet fit is greatly improved as well. addressing the only real weakness of the Shkarah accessories... I'm thrilled to have both of them Smile

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria10

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria11

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria12

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria14

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria15

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria13

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria16

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] Skaria17

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful. She looks great. They could be Valkyrie sisters.

Excellent photos and comparison.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague 1/6 SKARAH, THE VALKYRIE [PL2018-116] C8485110

desertdragon

desertdragon
Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful. She looks great. They could be Valkyrie sisters.

Excellent photos and comparison.

Thank you! I really love both of these, and I'm still just astonished at how beautifully detailed and executed the armor is...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She (and they) look great. And as usual your photos put the promotional images to shame.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Both look great but I like Tariah more, the white fur just looks better to me.
If i had her i'd pose her grasping Thor's hammer because she looks truly "worthy"! Very Happy

desertdragon

desertdragon
rollotomasi wrote:Both look great but I like Tariah more, the white fur just looks better to me.
If i had her i'd pose her grasping Thor's hammer because she looks truly "worthy"! Very Happy

Yeah I absolutely love the white fur on Tariah - it really complements her armor well... And I'm sure Thor would have no problem with her um, trying out his hammer :p

brassco

brassco
Brilliant photos... i really should take up photography skills!

Is Thor joining them? Razz

Diana

Diana
Beautiful shots as always!

You make me wanna... set my iphone, which I bought for its lovely photo taking capabilities, aside and dig out my "real" camera... Got a few candidates... Oooh! Yes! Fun!! Very Happy

And these ladies are gorgeous. I was really tempted by Tariah... I'm actually just not so keen on the very soft expression.

desertdragon

desertdragon
AerynDiana wrote:Beautiful shots as always!

You make me wanna... set my iphone, which I bought for its lovely photo taking capabilities, aside and dig out my "real" camera... Got a few candidates... Oooh! Yes! Fun!! Very Happy

And these ladies are gorgeous. I was really tempted by Tariah... I'm actually just not so keen on the very soft expression.

Thank you so much! Modern smartphone cameras are actually really good, but these shots were definitely made with my 'real camera' Very Happy

And yes, Tariah's expression is definitely softer, almost sorrowful... it's probably not what you're looking for in a Valkyrie portrait, but I think it does give her some emotional resonance when she's posed with Skarah, and I kind of like that...

Diana

Diana
desertdragon wrote:And yes, Tariah's expression is definitely softer, almost sorrowful... it's probably not what you're looking for in a Valkyrie portrait, but I think it does give her some emotional resonance when she's posed with Skarah, and I kind of like that...
Oh absolutely. The expression is perfect for this kind of sister love setting. ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum