OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08572610
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  09024010

Mr.Z simulation animal 58th 1/6 scale Sharma 2.0 version full set of 5 colors

Product material: Horse model: MOS new environmentally friendly resin
Harness: PVC + leather + textile + metal
Weight: body 2500g + packaging 400g

horse model size: 40 *14*41cm
outer box size: 47*20*46cm

retail price: horse model: 508 yuan /
harness: 268 yuan
large suit (horse model + harness): 708 yuan
Booking period: now until May 28
Expected launch date: the fourth quarter of 2021

Mr.Z 1/6th animal model No.58: Shire horses (all 5 colours)

Product material: Shire horse: MOS environment-friendly resin
Harness: PVC+ leather+ cloth + metal
Weight: body 2500g + package 400g
Product size: 40*14*41cm
Outer box size: 47*20*46cm

Reservation price: Shire horse: 508 yuan / per unit
Harness: 268 yuan
A set of products (horse&harness): 708 yuan
Reservation period: Today to May, 28th, 2021.
Expected on-sale date: Q4th, 2021.

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573710
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573711
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573810
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573811
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573911
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573910
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08573912
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574010
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574011
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574110
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574111
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574310
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574510
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574710
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08574910
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575010
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575110
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575111
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575112
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575210
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575310
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575311
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575312
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575410
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575511
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575510
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575610
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575611
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575612
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575710
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575711
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575810
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575811
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575812
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575911
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575910
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08575912
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08580010
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08580011
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08580012
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08580110
NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  08580111

#newproduct #Mr.Z #ShireHorse2.0 #horse #animal #accessory

csyeung

csyeung
Oh nice! I'm no expert but looks like these are bigger than their previous offerings?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think they are pretty massive. They look pretty great to me, except the sculpting and painting of the hair over the ankles and hooves doesn't seem very realistically done. That said, I'm no expert.

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
I'm actually excited for these, a horse that looks properly scaled for once.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh just look at his face! <3
I really like this one, though I think they’ve really underestimated just how much feathering (lower leg floof) Shires actually have! Laughing
Some of the paint jobs are pretty lacking - the bay should have dark legs and I’m assuming the second tan coloured one is supposed to be dun or buckskin, in which case the legs should also be dark. The grey and black ones are really nice though. I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with the pom-poms on the saddle and for the last time, THAT’S NOT WHERE THE REINS ATTACH TO on the bridle, but overall he’s pretty nice!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Actually, looking again, I think it would make a much better Clydesdale than Shire. Both beeeds are very similar as they have very close ancestry, but on the whole Clydes are leggier than their southern cousins. Here’s a few I go to graphed at a show a few years back - you could literally feel the ground shake when they galloped past you, it was amazing. XD

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  7468969210_d3be5616e4_zRidden Clydesdale by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  48125471747_346d49875c_zClydesdales In Hand by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  48128228478_3cd118758c_zRidden Clydesdales by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

Diana

Diana
Good finds, Lynkhart! I was actually thinking these are not big enough to be Shires. Especially the head. And they do weird color combinations... Why do they like white legs so much!?

And the hair at the feet seems lacking, and I so wish they had real hair instead! They are such a big feature of the Shire...

But if I look at them as Clydesdales they seem a perfectly good match! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos of the real thing, Lynkhart. I will take your word about the breeds. Diana, I agree, if they had glued on some tufts of "real" hair on the feet, the look would probably have been more convincing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I hope the cost isn’t silly. But, I have no use for the tack.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OMG, I'm so happy!  cheers I don't even care that these don't represent a specific 'real' horse breed, I'm just ecstatic that they finally did a heavier draft/cobb-like horse that has a real mane and tail! I love the original Mr. Z Shire, but he really didn't have much use other than as a statue or for very specific scenes.

(Agree with Lynkhart's assessment on the feathers and the weird coat colours....all that immediately jumps out at me, as well. But coat colouring can be fixed with a careful paintjob, at least, and I suppose if one wanted to get super creative, one could likewise add some real hair around the hooves... )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Leg feathering is tricky, because you’ve got to find a way to blend the edges into the body without looking obviously glued on, but it’s incredibly effective with a bit of work! I added feathering, ear floof and a beard to this custom Breyer I did back in February and it made such a difference!

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  50930799312_876526a455_z‘Seònaid’ - NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  50929990318_2cba5cb057_z‘Seònaid’ - NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  50929990298_a302edf053_z‘Seònaid’ - NaMoPaiMo 2021 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a gorgeous custom, Lynkhart! The details of the painted hair are out of this world!

I have a type of glue that I got specifically to try to add hair details to the hairlines of 1/6 scale figures, but I haven't tried it out yet. But if it works, I would presume it also might work for adding feathers...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I didn't know it was called feathering. Nicely done, Christine. Great looking horse.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is a gorgeous custom, Christine. Love it. I wish Mr. Z had done that with the fetlocks on these like that.

NEW PRODUCT: MR. Z: 58th round-Shire Horse 2.0 version full set of 5 colors  C8485110

Delanie

Delanie
Sigh i can see im going to have to build a stable i want one 'cus well i'm riding myrtle tomorrow shes a shire and the height is just perfect. 

What i want to build is a 1/6th cart of some description and one of these would be perfect

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Go for it, Delanie! ;D

There's no way I'm NOT getting at LEAST one of these, lol. Definitely PO'ing the black one. Would also have gone for the bay in a heartbeat if it were actually a proper bay... we'll see...

Imo, the head/face on this guy is one of the best yet.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Delanie wrote:Sigh i can see im going to have to build a stable i want one 'cus well i'm riding myrtle tomorrow shes a shire and the height is just perfect. 

What i want to build is a 1/6th cart of some description and one of these would be perfect

Oooh yes you must! I wonder if one of the old vintage Sindy gigs could work with this guy...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I want to get one of these for my Red Sonja, as I like the larger fantasy “warhorse”. And Delanie, your idea sounds awesome, and you should definitely do that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Waiting eagerly for this one to be available for PO....

shazzdan

shazzdan
These are draught horses. They were originally never meant to be ridden and they never existed before the 18th century. They are completely unsuitable as a warhorse. They were bred from warhorses but those breeds were a lot smaller - rarely larger than 15 hands.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:These are draught horses. They were originally never meant to be ridden and they never existed before the 18th century. They are completely unsuitable as a warhorse.

We are well aware of this. Rolling Eyes

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:
shazzdan wrote:These are draught horses. They were originally never meant to be ridden and they never existed before the 18th century. They are completely unsuitable as a warhorse.

So why do most of the Shire Horse websites falsely claim that they used to be ridden in battle?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shazzdan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

So why do most of the Shire Horse websites falsely claim that they used to be ridden in battle?

I presumed you were directing your comment at the people in this thread, not at random Shire horse websites. I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion here on this forum before, and thus most people who have commented so far are probably aware that the use of these specific horses as ridden mounts in 'medieval' warfare is pure fantasy. The Mr.Z promo pics show fantasy figures riding them, so there isn't really an issue there, either.

If Shire horse websites are making erroneous claims, I imagine that is either out of genuine ignorance or a misguided attempt to make the breed seem more appealing to an uneducted general public who has only ever encountered these horses in films. I don't agree with misrepresenting animal breeds in that manner, but that's my guess as to why someone would claim that.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
^this.

Most of the big European draught breeds have shared ancestry, and many of those horses were used in battle, but none of them were the massive, hairy and bulky breeds of today. I’m pretty sure Henry VIII introduced a law to encourage the breeding of taller horses, as the average was around 15hh, if that.

Shires and Clydesdales look impressive, and since they’ve been used in films and TV for it, unfortunately the misinformation has stuck.

The average ‘warhorse’ back in the day was probably around 15hh, stocky and far closer to the Iberian breeds of today - the Spanish Riding School with their ‘airs above the ground’ famously shows the movements that were originally trained into them for war.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well said, Lynkhart. There's unfortunately a lot of misinformation about horses in general that is perpetuated via tv and movies, as what looks cool and dramatic on-screen is not always what is historically accurate or practical in real life. I grew up both riding horses *and* watching almost every movie with horses in it that I could get my hands on, so I was always acutely aware of the discrepancies. It's to the point that I pretty much just compartmentalise it all nowadays, or else I'd never be able to enjoy anything.. ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum