OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  Empty Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy . Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 pm

Chip

I got my inspiration from the photo in the link below . His name is Dick Moon , but there was little else I could find out about him , except that he was in Hue city when this was taken . The black thingy in his helmet band , are the caps for his scope . I scratch made these for my figure . The ammo bandolier differs from the M16 ones , and I believe it is an old WWll M1 bandolier , which holds the clips for his Sniper rifle . He carries a revolver just in case things get close , the rest is pretty much standard NAM Marine Gear .

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=uSQ3elsJ&id=64F582D9EBDE494C3C3E6A7EC3DCCDAC61D098EC

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  1-BA1-A4577

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  2-BA1-A4558

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  3-BA1-A4560

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  4-BA1-A4570

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  5-BA1-A4588

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  6-P1130071

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  7-P1130075

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  8-P1130104

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  9-P1130055

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  10-P1130062

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  11-P1130110

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  12-P1130123

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  13-P1130146

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  14-P1130158

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  15-P1130159

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  16-BA1-A4524

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  17-BA1-A4520

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning work Chip! again, your attention to detail has really paid off!

PitViper

PitViper
Excellent kitbash!

Ovy

Ovy
Great job, beautiful posing, photos and surroundings, looks appropoatley war torn apocalyptic. Great little stone texture.

And that is a badass name.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very nice bash and very nicely presented with these great outdoors photos.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think you nailed it, he looks like the man on the photo, great job.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What an excellent figure, and some really awesome poses and photos. Really well done, Chip.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  C8485110

Chip

Thanks for all the kind words , glad you all like Him . Very Happy

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Great job Chip, this might be one of your best Nam troopers yet! I love it when people use historical footage/photos to create figures, and it looks like you captured that pose in one of yours as well. It'd be cool if you could get one from the same angle too, maybe next time you take him out for a session. Oh, and did you notice how muddy his boots were in the photograph, as well as all that dust/dirt on his uni/helmet cover?  Wink

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
That's excellent, Chip! Love the scope caps.

One little teeny tiny thing that could be neat would be to gloss the scope lenses, it can help give the appearance of the glass.
Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  33421608075_d3c983e9dc_c
That old SOTW rifle holds up pretty nicely, eh?

Chip

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Great job Chip, this might be one of your best Nam troopers yet! I love it when people use historical footage/photos to create figures, and it looks like you captured that pose in one of yours as well. It'd be cool if you could get one from the same angle too, maybe next time you take him out for a session. Oh, and did you notice how muddy his boots were in the photograph, as well as all that dust/dirt on his uni/helmet cover?  Wink

I know , I know .... lol!

Chip

Thanks P.M , yes the rifle needs a bit of work , the gloss on the scope lens is a good tip , thank you . Great pic by the way .

13Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy .  Empty Re: Dick Moon Marine Sniper . Pic Heavy . Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Chip wrote:
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Great job Chip, this might be one of your best Nam troopers yet! I love it when people use historical footage/photos to create figures, and it looks like you captured that pose in one of yours as well. It'd be cool if you could get one from the same angle too, maybe next time you take him out for a session. Oh, and did you notice how muddy his boots were in the photograph, as well as all that dust/dirt on his uni/helmet cover?  Wink

Chip, you know I'm just giving you cr@p, your figure looks great and doesn't need anything done to it that you don't want to do. When you're ready to try weathering, go slow and practice and experiment. PM me if you have questions. Someday I may do a tutorial, but don't have time right now.

Chip

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:
Chip wrote:

Chip, you know I'm just giving you cr@p, your figure looks great and doesn't need anything done to it that you don't want to do. When you're ready to try weathering, go slow and practice and experiment. PM me if you have questions. Someday I may do a tutorial, but don't have time right now.

Of course , I was not offended by your comments , I can see the humorous side of it too . I hope you manage a tutorial some day , I would be interested to see it . Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum