OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine Doberman , with Handler

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Marine Doberman , with Handler Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Chip

Hi all , I don`t quite have the knowledge of the U.S Marines during the Pacific war with Japan , as I do of the Marines in the Vietnam war . However , as I was once the owner of a Doberman , this is kind of a tribute to the Dog breed and those Marines . It appears it was during the the Pacific War , that U.S Dog units found their place . A large percent at that time , of the dogs used were Dobermans . Built like athletes , with fine looks , these dogs were intelligent too . Often trained with two handlers , as the dogs were used both for message running as well as seeking out the enemy . The handlers were split between units , so that the dogs would recognise and respond to each individual handler over long distances , this was important as the humid heat often played havoc with radios , the dogs run these messages often under fire . The Dogs were used for " on Point " duties too , it is said they could sense Japanese snipers and Machine gun nests up to and exceeding a distance of 100 yards . The Dogs were trained to alert the handlers in silence , a couple of instances I read , that if the Dog stopped , looked left and right this was a sign that the enemy had been detected . I assume this one was at night in a fox hole , that the handler had to gently place his hand on the Dogs throat to " feel the growl " , that their was enemy movement out front . The kit is a mix of BBi and Dragon kit , the handler has souvenired a Japanese sword . I made a custom harness with pouches from British webbing, along with a custom lead for the Dog . The Doberman is from an old G.I Joe set , which was pretty cool in it`s own right . I did look for a more realistic Doberman , but they worked out quite expensive , maybe some time in the future . Hope you like them anyways .

Marine Doberman , with Handler  1-P1130986

Marine Doberman , with Handler  2-P1130996

Marine Doberman , with Handler  3-P1130997

Marine Doberman , with Handler  4-P1140006

Marine Doberman , with Handler  5-P1140023

Marine Doberman , with Handler  6-P1140020

Marine Doberman , with Handler  7-P1140011

Marine Doberman , with Handler  8-P1140022

Marine Doberman , with Handler  9-P1140030

Marine Doberman , with Handler  10-P1140035

2Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:08 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice to see more animals but the scale doesn't seem quite right. The doberman's head should reach the top of the thighs. The discrepancy isn't so noticeable in the pics where the soldier is kneeling.

3Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
They look like their meant to be together Chip! Brilliant!

4Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:27 am

Chip

Thanks , yes I agree the Doberman looks slightly small , but 1/6 scale replacements are expensive . Lets assume it`s a female , as they would be slightly smaller . Very Happy

5Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:05 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Dang that's nice, Chip! I like the collar and harness on the dog, that looks the part.

6Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice figure. Maybe the dog is just a pup, hence the size. Very Happy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Marine Doberman , with Handler  C8485110

7Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 am

Chip

Thanks for the further comments All . Wink

8Marine Doberman , with Handler  Empty Re: Marine Doberman , with Handler Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very cool, I like all his equipment and maybe the dog is young, maybe he lied about his age to get in the fight. Marine Doberman , with Handler  1f604

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Marine Doberman , with Handler  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum