OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

gooboo

POPTOYS 1/6 The Era of Europa War Gothic Knight& War Horse [4 options in total]
Full body armor die-casting alloy accounts for over 90%

POPTOYS 1/6 The Era of Europa War Gothic Knight& War Horse
POP-ALS016 & POP- ALS017 & POP-ALS018 & POP-ALS019

POPTOYS ALS016 Europa War Gothic Knight Silver Armor Edition

List:
Head Carved *1
female body *1
armor hand type *4
shirt *1
pants *1
burqa *1
belt *1
helmet *1
mandibular armor *1
body armor *1
arm armor *2
leg armor *2
foot armor *2
shield *1 One-
handed sword*1
Chain hammer*1
Armor frame*1
Bracket*1

POPTOYS ALS016 The Era of Europa War Gothic Knight Silver armor Version
List:
Head*1
Female body*1
Armor hands*4
Shirt*1
Pants*1 pair
Frock*1
Belt*1
Armet*1
Jaw armor*1
Body armor*1
Arm armor*2
Cuish*2
Foot armor*2
Shield*1
One-handed sword*1
Hammer*1
Armor stand*1
Figure stand*1

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight71

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight70

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight72

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight73

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight74

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight75

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight76

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight77

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight78

POPTOYS ALS017 Europa War Era Gothic Knight Black Armor Edition

List:
Head Sculpture*1
Female Body*1
Armor Hand Type*4
Shirt*1
Pants*1
Gown*1
Belt*1
Helmet*1
Mandibular Armor*1
Body Armor*1
Arm Armor*2
Leg Armor*2
Foot Armor*2 One-
Handed Sword*1
Short Axe*1
Armor Frame*1
Bracket*1

POPTOYS ALS017 The Era of Europa War Gothic Knight Black armor Version
List:
Head*1
Female body*1
Armor hands*4
Shirt*1
Pants*1 pair
Frock*1
Belt*1
Armet*1
Jaw armor*1
Body armor*1
Arm armor*2
Cuish*2
Foot armor*2
One-handed sword*1
Short-handled hatchet*1
Armor stand*1
Figure stand*1

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight79

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight81

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight80

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight83

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight82

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight84

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight85

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight87

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight86

POPTOYS ALS018 Europa War Gothic Knight Silver Armored War Horse

List:
White Horse*1
Horse Body Cloth * 1
reins set * 1
MA * 1 visor
horse neck a * 1
MA * 1 breastplate
saddle 1 *
saddle * 1 Pidian
lance 1 *
lance holder 1 *
stirrup 2 *

POPTOYS ALS018The Era of War Europa Gothic Silver armor Horse
List:
White horse*1
Body cloth*1
Rein accessories package*1
Horse vizor*1
Horse neck armor*1
Horse cuirass*1
Saddle*1
Saddle leather cushion*1
Lance*1
Lance shelf*1
Stirrup*2

===================================

POPTOYS ALS019 Europa War Gothic Knight Black Armored War Horse
List:
Dark Horse * 1
horse cloth * 1
reins set * 1
MA * 1 visor
horse neck a * 1
MA * 1 breastplate
saddle 1 *
saddle * 1 Pidian
lance 1 *
lance holder 1 *
stirrup 2 *

POPTOYS Era of ALS019The Europa War Gothic Black armor Horse
List:
Black horse*1
Body cloth*1
Rein accessories package*1
Horse vizor*1
Horse neck armor*1
Horse cuirass*1
Saddle*1
Saddle leather cushion*1
Lance*1
Lance shelf*1
Stirrup *2

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight88

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight89

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight90

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight91

gooboo

Poptoys is killing my wallet with these lady knights, and now they're making Gothic armor figures, which happens to be my favorite medieval armor. Both of the headsculpts for these figures look fantastic as well, and I even like the barding and horse armor for the horses.

Previously, I've only bought one version of the last two knight sets Poptoys released, but this time around I'm going to have to get both of these. I love the armor, their faces, and the accessories. The swords look a little plain, and the flail is completely historically inaccurate, but otherwise this is probably my favorite knight set from Poptoys so far.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm glad we finally see some tournament horse clothes - I find them always cool.

The armor of the ladies look good and the faces too (even though I would have preferred a male and a female version for their figures, so sth for everyone)

suo76

Finally decent female armor!  POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse 1f60d

gooboo

I'm guessing Poptoys doesn't do the male figures so much because COOModel already makes them? No point in competing with them I suppose.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The armour and helmet look pretty good. Would be nice to see a pic of the horse without the armour, but it looks way too big. That flail is pretty silly; the chain is just the right length to smash your fingers if you tried holding it.

Diana

Diana
These sets look great and the head sculpts are gorgeous!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning figures, and I completely second what Valiarde said.

Ovy

Ovy
Whyyy didn't they announce this some months earlier, before I went down the rabbit hole of creating a Gothimilanese Fantasy armor?? Might have saved me a lot of time, stress and tears.
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse IMG-20211130-101651

I mean look at it, it's perfect, especially the black one. Although I am not sure if there is a point in it being metal (Valiarde said it's a sign of quality for collectors, without any other practical purpose)
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse PSX-20211130-211525

I tired to ignore the Worbla being too thick every time they released another 'female knight' with 'boobplate' but otherwise good armor parts.  But now with the beautiful sallet and practical armor it's so similar I can't ignore it anymore. Sad
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse IMG-20211130-102005

I do understand now how Sky must feel when Hot Toys churns out another STARWARS character before she could finish her own custom version. Razz
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse IMG-20211130-102011

And I can't buy this figure because it makes mine look bad, until I added even more detail.🤭
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse IMG-20211130-102830

$ixth World Problems!
POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse IMG-20211130-102912

😭

Poptoys, they are just the best. Probably at Samurai price levels though.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Great figure, Ovy. That could easily be a bought complete figure. Well worth the effort. Love the dark metal effect. I like your celt/viking character too.

These poptoys creations are pretty lovely too. They might be "ye olde", which to me, is an overly flooded market, but it's nice to see something less fantasy and more convincing for a change, and those HS are really nice. Might have to keep my eyes peeled for them on eBay.

Ovy

Ovy
Ghost808 wrote:Great figure, Ovy.  That could easily be a bought complete figure. Well worth the effort. Love the dark metal effect. I like your celt/viking character too.

These poptoys creations are pretty lovely too. They might be "ye olde", which to me, is an overly flooded market, but it's nice to see something less fantasy and more convincing for a change, and those HS are really nice. Might have to keep my eyes peeled for them on eBay.
Thanks a lot, still processing it all though. 😂Those Poptoys figures also have so many great gauntlets, they are quite some work.

With 'ye olde' you mean those late medieval knights cosplaying as old romantic knights of a bygone age, with jousting and all?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:These sets look great and the head sculpts are gorgeous!
The question is though if in reality they are close to the promopics. I thought their Tomoe Gozen figure was stunning. It's a really nice figure, but nowhere as stunning as the promopics.

I posted the difference in this thread.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Ovy wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:Great figure, Ovy.  That could easily be a bought complete figure. Well worth the effort. Love the dark metal effect. I like your celt/viking character too.

Thanks a lot, still processing it all though. 😂Those Poptoys figures also have so many great gauntlets, they are quite some work.

With 'ye olde' you mean those late medieval knights cosplaying as old romantic knights of a bygone age, with jousting and all?
By "ye olde'", I mean anything swords, sorcery and sandals. More specifically referencing all the fantasy bikini warriors, companies like Tbleague used to (still do, to a lesser extent) pump out.

I've nothing against those figures, per se. Just that I'd love to see more sci-fi stuff, especially female sci-fi. Or at least some believable fantasy stuff.

That's why I like these though. They are "fantasy", olden times themed figures to some extent, like so many other figures released, but at least they are believable, and very nicely done. I'm not sure I could stand many more bikini vikings! 😄

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I LOVE the darker haired headsculpt! 😍 The armour looks fantastic too and the horse looks pretty decent from what little we can see under the boarding! XD

Also Ovy, your armour looks incredible! The set shown here may look all polished and fancy but yours looks like it’s made for actual combat!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even if it was also designed for a female figure, your armor is much nicer looking (believable), Ovy. Don't be upset.

gooboo

TravelGuide wrote:
Diana wrote:These sets look great and the head sculpts are gorgeous!
The question is though if in reality they are close to the promopics. I thought their Tomoe Gozen figure was stunning. It's a really nice figure, but nowhere as stunning as the promopics.

I posted the difference in this thread.

Their last two knight sets had pretty accurate promotional pics, in my opinion. They might have gotten better about making their heads, but you're right the real test is to see what they look like in-hand. I hope they manage to maintain accuracy because both of these heads look really nice in my opinion.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:Even if it was also designed for a female figure, your armor is much nicer looking (believable), Ovy. Don't be upset.

I second this. I honestly like yours better.

brazybear

brazybear
Damn that black knight is sexy.  With all these freaking awesome figures coming out at once plus holiday shopping...how much are kidneys going for these days?

Only one thing will stop me from this one though: how good are these Pop Toys bodies at holding poses?  Compared to the metal skeletoned-TBLeague bodies?  Also, why can't anyone make poseable 1/6 horses?  There's a bunch of 1/12 scale fully articulated horses already....

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

gooboo

The two knights that I have hold poses just fine, although the armor naturally restricts the movement a little bit.

Diana

Diana
This armor may look all fancy and ceremonial, but Ovy, I prefer yours by far! Less ceremonial, more practical and made for combat, as Lynkhart already said. A little weathering would kill it!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy, your armour is fantastic and you are probably the most skilled 1/6 'armourer' I know! Of course you can't mimic a factory-produced look, but your work speaks for itself. I do understand how frustrating and depressing it is though when you see something similar to what you've been working on for ages suddenly being 'mass produced' by an official 1/6 company. It happened to me last summer, and it took the wind out of my sails for many months. Please don't let it do the same to you!

About the figures themselves, these are some of the nicer ones I've seen from PopToys recently. Love the black-haired sculpt, depending on how she turns out in-hand, she could be perfect for a certain figure I want to do.

Re: the horses -- I'm guessing these are Mr. Z Thoroughbred horses? They look more or less the same mold as those.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wouldn’t be so sure about the horse. Remember, PopToys makes their own horses, and they’re not even half as good (and the fact they don’t even show the horse without all the extra stuff on it, just makes me think it’s the same horse mold they’ve used for all of their horses).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Normally, yes, PopToys makes their own horses. But comparing the profile of the 'white' horse in the above PopToys photo with the 'white' Mr. Z Thoroughbred, makes me think it is the same model:

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse Knight78

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse 20623_3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It's definitely not the same horse as on their previous releases.

I've got their horse for Tomoe Gozen, which is the same as the one for Queen Elizabeth and the Eagle Guard (don't have those, but it's clearly the same on the pics). And this one is clearly different.

gooboo

These are up on Giant Toy now. The knights are $260 each, and the horses are $205 each.

I'm definitely getting the two knights, but I'm undecided about the horse. I'd like to see what the actual horse looks like before getting it, since I already have one of Poptoy's other horses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum