OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
SUPERMAD TOYS ~ Blade Hunter 2046 ~ Evil Wallace 1: 6 Scale Action Figure

Figure Part list:
> Head Sculpt
> Blue Spots at the neck with UV Fluorescent Paint (light up effect under UV light)
> Action Figure Body
> Hands x 6
> Wallace's Kimono
> Kimono Pants
> Feet with Slippers
> Baracuda Drone x 4 ~ Blue Spots with UV Fluorescent Paint (light up effect under UV light)
> Scalpel x 2 (Bloody effect x 1)
> Towel
> Chair
> Figure Stand (Had 0.8MM wire) x 4 to hold the Drone)

**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17275310
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17275510
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17275610
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17275710
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17275910
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280110
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280310
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280410
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280510
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280710
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280810
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17280911
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281010
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281110
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281310
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281411
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281510
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281610
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281810
NEW PRODUCT: Supermad Toys: 1/6 Blade Hunter 2046-Evil Wallace  17281910

#newproduct #SupermadToys #BladHunter2046 #EvilWallace #male #movie-based #Sci-Fi

Skippy

I've been watching the development of Wallace on Supermadtoys' Facebook page.

But I can't say I was ever very excited for the figure.

I really like Blade Runner 2049, and found it as atmospheric as the original, yet Wallace felt very bland. The heart of the film is represented by K, Joi and Deckard, and I have the Supermadtoys and Black Box versions of them. (Hopefully Black Box's Joi 2.0 will be somewhat of an improvement).

I feel like I ought to buy Wallace, though he really does look so uninteresting apart from the wooden stool. There's nothing going for him from any angle, movie or figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I didn't remember him looking quite so... creepy? but I looked it up and and this is not far off. The head looks most accurate from the side. From the front, there may be a bit of a cross-eyed effect that might be throwing it off. He's an understated villain, but more or less accurate to the movie. Not invested enough in this to have a strong feeling about it.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:I didn't remember him looking quite so... creepy? but I looked it up and and this is not far off. The head looks most accurate from the side. From the front, there may be a bit of a cross-eyed effect that might be throwing it off. He's an understated villain, but more or less accurate to the movie. Not invested enough in this to have a strong feeling about it.

The sculpt is pretty good and seems well detailed, but the outfit looks as uninteresting as it did in the film itself. To me, as a figure, he looks very unappealing, and reminds me of EXO-6's Data and Picard: good sculpts but boring uniforms.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good point about the outfit, Asta, but I suppose that was the point especially in this case -- to be understated. Consider the emperor in Star Wars (until the extra wisardly force lightning came out, anyway). I agree this is not particularly alluring, but they have to be screen accurate, right?

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Good point about the outfit, Asta, but I suppose that was the point especially in this case -- to be understated. Consider the emperor in Star Wars (until the extra wisardly force lightning came out, anyway). I agree this is not particularly alluring, but they have to be screen accurate, right?

Indeed, they can only work with what's on screen.

Which is why a character, or a particular iteration of a character, has to be special to merit display as a 1/6 version.

I'll have to watch the film again, because Wallace doesn't stand out in my memory. It's the scenery and music, K and Joi, then Deckard hiding out in atmospheric ruined Las Vegas.

Did you notice that in one of their photos, Supermadtoys forgot themselves and actually wrote 'Runner' instead of 'Hunter'?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta wrote:Indeed, they can only work with what's on screen. Which is why a character, or a particular iteration of a character, has to be special to merit display as a 1/6 version. I'll have to watch the film again, because Wallace doesn't stand out in my memory. It's the scenery and music, K and Joi, then Deckard hiding out in atmospheric ruined Las Vegas. Did you notice that in one of their photos, Supermadtoys forgot themselves and actually wrote 'Runner' instead of 'Hunter'?

Well, I suppose there is a case to be made that memorable characters deserve to be made before reaching to unmemorable ones, but at some point the choice becomes subjective. Wallace was supposed to be the main villain, and part of his villainy was that he was sort of subdued. But I don't want to belabor this point, because frankly I don't remember all that much in any comprehensively detailed manner. I did not notice the slip in the naming until you pointed it out. But, yes, funny. Good eye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum