OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
1: 6 custom made action figure

Figure Part list:
> Normal Head Sculpt
> Battle Damaged Head Sculpt
> Action Figure Body
> Hands x 4
> Deep Grey Shirt
> Grey Top
> Khaki Pants
> Boots
> Hunter D Blaster (made by ABS ) (ps no stand)
> Whiskey Bottle
> Wine Glasses

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUPERMADS TOYS ~

Silver Wing Interpol 2046 ~ Criminal D

Limited 300 boxes.

Product details:
> Head carving
> Wound Effect Head Sculpt (Squint Eyes)
> 1:6 Movable body
> Hand x 4 pieces
> Dark gray shirt
> Grey shirt
> Khaki pants
> Boots
> Old Police D Dart (manufactured by ABS) (PS has no support)
> Whiskey bottle
> Whiskey glass

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223010
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223110
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223210
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223211
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223310
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223410
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223510
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223610
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223710
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223810
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223910
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17223911
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224010
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224111
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224110
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224210
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224310
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224311
NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 17224410

#newproduct #SuperMadToys #male #movie #sci-fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know if the likeness is quite perfect, but I am very impressed with it, and the set as a whole. I hope the final product is as good as these images. Thanks for sharing.

kyekye

kyekye
Is this the new place to gather?
Yeah that is not a perfect head, but good start point.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22721140@N06/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh wait, there's two heads! No wonder I couldn't decide how good it was. By the way, I meant it really does look good, whether it is quite perfect or not. Harrison Ford has always been very difficult to portray accurately in this scale, and in this case the aged look does not seem to have made it easier.
PS - welcome aboard!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice head sculpts!!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
As good as the prototype looks, you'll only truly be able to judge how good this is when the actual production figure comes out and someone with a good camera takes pics of it. The amount of senseless verbal masturbation over prototype photos you see in groups on FB is mind boggling. "PO'ed now!" Yeah, good luck pal, past history suggests you may need it. Then, you can't help but laugh when the actual figure turns out to be dire.

However, sometimes, the ranting over poor production figures isn't quite as justified as the aggrieved parties would have you believe. I've seen the SSC Jack Burton in hand and, for Sideshow, he is actually good. I was pleasantly surprised, however, there's no way I'd pay the £275 that the retailer is asking. Even £75 would be pushing it.

The HS, on old man Decks, if you can find the right hat, would make a good older Indy. To me, Deckard will always be the classic look. One a few have tried, but not yet perfected. That said, I haven't yet seen the perfect rendition of any of Harrison Ford's major characters.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you agree about Jack Burton, Roger. It was really not as bad as many people said, and not much (if at all) a letdown from the prototype photos. Like I said in my review, they could have made other (and potentially better) choices, but the price was the biggest problem.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Some of what you see on OSS is borderline sycophantic and we needn't name the guilty party in order to know who the main perp is.

This figure could be good, just depends on what the production line do with it.

CHEERS!

PitViper

PitViper
I kind of like it, although not because of the H. F. likeness but because of the bashing potential.

My problem is the skin tone of the hands looks nothing like that of the forearms, and the hands look way too big for those forearms.  I also hope the belly bulge is padding and not built-in to the body.

Clothing and boots also look decent.  Fans of the movie or the character can keep the rest.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I know what you mean,

I think the head lends itself more to an older Indy than it does an older Deckard. I've seen older Indy done with the old man Han sculpt, but, this head would need less modding to look just right.

CHEERS!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Figure, like it. Two Headsculpts is Great.... but they looks like the same. If they do Two Heads, why not with diffrent expressions ?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Not much point commenting on a prototype. It is just as silly as looking at a photo on the packet and thinking that it will be the same on the inside.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure Maxresdefault

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure Maxresdefault

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Indeed!

Neither of those look terribly appetising.

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Very tempting. While the likeness isn't perfect, I so want all of those accessories. Want that pistol so bad, and the whiskey bottle is really fun (I think Johnny Walker is very over rated, but I was still REALLY tempted to pick up one of those movie tie in bottles they did).

Skippy

Supermad remarked on their Facebook that there were "defects" with Deckard. They were referring to a paint mismatch between the sculpts and the body.

The sculpts are a little paler than the body. But the sculpts are excellent.

I think you can get away with it as I don't find it too distracting, and the body has a nicely painted neck which you might lose if you switched it out for another TTM19 clone.

Overall this is a very good looking figure. The shirt has weathering, and proper sewn on buttons. There are also eyelets so it seems you could actually do the shirt up if you wanted to.

The boots are hollow plastic with feet inside, which is unusual nowadays. The ankles feel a bit weak but at least they included a stand to negate that. It's also one of the good old style oval bases without the name plaque, and unlike the current Red Team stands I buy on Ebay, the post fits tightly and doesn't wobble excessively.

The whiskey bottle has the labels printed on the plastic, which is a nice surprise as I was expecting them to be paper labels stuck on.

The blaster is very nice, especially with the translucent amber grip.

I just discovered that the blaster comes with its stand, which I thought was only going to be offered when you bought it separately. KG Hobby's listing specifically stated:

Hunter D Blaster ( made by ABS ) ( p.s. no stand)

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49403140602_4ef9e8368e_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49402940786_342129afbc_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49403163192_e9647fd21e_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49402599743_c0e3d07ce5_o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That does look pretty good. I don’t really see the color difference as that big of a deal, either — it’s not as extreme as some mis-matches, anyway. Cool that you got the gun stand, too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:That does look pretty good. I don’t really see the color difference as that big of a deal, either — it’s not as extreme as some mis-matches, anyway. Cool that you got the gun stand, too.

Plus, when you're looking at the figure on display the neck is shaded somewhat by the head.

I took some more photos to try and capture the quality of the sculpt and paintwork, but I just can't manage it. The hair especially doesn't photograph very well, and has a much better effect when the sculpt isn't blown up many times its actual size.

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49403365947_38db414e93_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49403167141_de19a33256_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49402688938_d9cf1a7a19_o

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 49403365977_9b5c71bc6d_o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I get the effect of what you’re trying to show in the photos — especially since I don’t have professional lighting either. That’s a pretty decent likeness to Ford. Funny how the bootleg companies get closer than HT on him, but then, they’re not trying to always idealize everyone.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I get the effect of what you’re trying to show in the photos — especially since I don’t have professional lighting either. That’s a pretty decent likeness to Ford. Funny how the bootleg companies get closer than HT on him, but then, they’re not trying to always idealize everyone.

I think this is the best Ford likeness I've seen on a production figure, i.e., a sculpt that isn't from a very small run that costs the earth.

And there are two of them as well, identical apart from the eye position and a little bit of blood on the forehead.

I don't have any plans for using the second, but I know people have been buying the figure just to have a sculpt for an older Indiana Jones.

I tested my photos in the Celebs Like Me site, and the one that scored highest was this:

NEW PRODUCT: SUPERMADS TOYS New Products: 1/6 Blade Hunter D Action Figure 1110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
When I saw the title of this thread I got really excited for a moment cause I thought maybe someone had miraculously made a Vampire Hunter D figure. Laughing

That aside, this does look like a nice sculpt/figure for what it is. I never saw this Bladerunner movie, since I have been so badly burned by all the other sequels in which Ford reprises his classic roles....ahEm.Razz But I do recall hearing that this one was actually pretty good, so thanks for sharing the pics and reminding me about it. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I've seen other in hand pics and he did come out really well. I know someone that has one on order that they will turn into a KOTCS Indy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even with the slight mismatch, the set looks very good, Asta, thanks for sharing your photos and impressions. I like it a lot.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I've now seen the KOTCS Indy my friend did with this, and it rocks. Check Cellar Toys on FB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum